GTP WRS-Online Event 1 : BallS1 to the Wall - January 29, 2014

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 274 comments
I'm a bit confused, I signed up for this but I don't see my name on the list. I do have to cancel though as I'm stuck at work late. Maybe I did something wrong so that's why I'm not on the NA list

I'm a bit confused, I signed up for this but I don't see my name on the list. I do have to cancel though as I'm stuck at work late. Maybe I did something wrong so that's why I'm not on the NA list

Google never registered you. I'm looking at all the entries now. Did you fill out the proper form?

Next time look at the reg images in the 2nd post of the thread and if your name isn't listed by an hour after you fill out the form please ask about it in the thread so we can assist. 30 minutes after the event start time is a bit late to address any issues.

RACE UPDATE FROM C:

After 20 laps RoeszaGt, IRT_MrG and pitskater are locked in a tight battle for 1, 2, 3. some nice racing happening. The rest of the field is pretty spread out and nobody lapped yet... one DC so far just a minute ago by haanson.

Thank you WRP, i'll figure out the process next time. I'll find out where I messed up. Thank you for response.

I see what I did, there is a registration form for race, and the 3D3 Racing Event Registration, I only did one of these. That's my problem.

Apologies if I caused anyone to crash. PS3 locked up, a problem I've had a couple times whilst playing GT6. The steering wheel hard locked all the way to the right and screen frozen in place. Was forced to switch off the PS3.

Nice win in C IRT_MrG!

Could someone from C export and share a race replay? I have one, but no FF or rewind points. Also, if someone could just FF to very end and post fast laps per driver here in the thread (or send me a PM). I've got all the rest of the finish results from a screen pic.

Wow good race for the podium in B! Good mix of pit strategies put us all together for the last few laps with different tire conditions. GTP_mclaren and I were bumper to bumper the last 2 laps for 2nd place. I had much fresher tires, but he was faster out of the chicane and held me off.

Well that was a great race, I was thinking about playing strategy right from the off and was concentrating more on saving tyres than anything. So lost out to top 3 straight away, although I think I may have struggled to keep with them, but I think Twissy even went further ahead! I was pretty consistent from there on and was thinking about strategy.

From about lap 25 I noticed PASM wasn't really going to pit and I was thinking about what I should do, have a bit of fun and go for it or just stay out and guarantee a 3rd. I was matching PASM time wise as well so nothing was going to change really, but my tyres were lasting and on lap 31 I had 5 left on the front right, so knew I could make it. But I decided to pit and go for it, was fun battled passed JTV and had an excellent battle with Doodle. I'm all about the fun of this sometimes, not to bothered where I finish if I have fun, and that I certainly did!

I also want to give a special shoutout for Tuesday, he saw me and doodle side by side and us approaching and did a blue flag maneuver very well, was very well observed and top notch 👍!

Great racing, and well played everyone, especially Twissy and PASM! Top notch racing! Looking forward to next week!

Thnx WRP001..not going for pit stop was not planned, but seeing my fr tyre was mid way at lap 26 made me go for it. Great race with no lag and great spirit from all..

Fantastic race tonight guys, and well done Paul on the win 👍

Qualified 5th, got into 4th at turn 1 buy couldn't make any ground on the 3 in front and I realised why by lap 3...I'd left the TC on 5 in my rush to join the lobby, Doh!! And then e the mistake of pitting on lap 25, dropping me to 6th. Almost got into 5th on a hectic final lap, but fairly happy with my finishing position. Looking forward to next week.

Cheers,

Chris

Great race evening!

Hard, clean and fun battles with sky and rs:cheers:

Thanks all for joining:tup:
What a battle that was just watched the replay on the last ten laps, kreezy and RS hunted me down but like they say it's one thing catching up and another to get past .
Lap after lap I held them off with a very wide car (tiny taps here and there but nothing that unsettled the car) on a set of tyres that were past there best.
But on lap 39 I could do no more as my tyres said enough and they crept past , finished 8th but in a race as good as that it was a honour.

I was all by myself for most of the race. Other than the start, I really didn't see anyone until I started getting lapped or when people went off track and I was able to pass. I went off track twice (only one was my fault :ouch:). Other than that one incident, it was a pretty boring race from my position.

...I need to be put into a slower room for the North American race tonight.

Great time racing tonight, no connection issues whatsoever and clean racing throughout. Very surprised with my victory, was expecting anything but a win.

Snatched pole by less than a tenth of a second, then it was about not making any mistakes in the race, as the two cars behind were always less than 5 seconds behind, excluding pitstops.

A couple people decided to go on a 0 stop strategy, which nearly paid off for Racingworld, which gave me something to worry about towards the end.

Another great night's racing, see you next week!

Wow, that a was a fun B!! Went for a "no stopper" and had some fun :)

I'm in for NA now :D

Wow, you no-stopped? That is impressive since I was on your tail for the first 18 laps or so, sometimes getting into the draft, until my right front started to get too worn and my pace dropped dramatically. I knew since you kept the pace while I started dropping (and eventually chose to pit after 21 laps) that you had been nicer to your tires. I certainly let my tires work hard while still trying to avoid extreme understeer, but my pace roughly equalled yours. It was a fun chase though. When you went off in T2 I thought I was going to get you at some point.

Overall it was a clean and fun race. I am a bit annoyed with the fact that I took the chicane a little dirty one or two times. One of them was while chasing a pack, I cut it slightly, then lifted a bit, causing the car behind to get right up behind me and probably having to lift slightly too.

Just as last week, I messed up my qualifying and didn't manage to get one decent lap with a clean line. Seems like the pressure is really getting to me!

Will the race events always follow the TT set up from the previous event?

Not always, but 95% of the time. Only when the TT is based on a combo that can't be structured as a decent race (in GT5 if it was a single sector of Nurb for example, or a dirty rally event, or a seasonal on a course creator, that kind of thing). The entire formula here is that drivers learn and practice all week in the TT and then transfer that in head to head competition on the following Wednesday. If the TT can't be used we run an original combo. Double dipping on preparation and you'll be hard pressed to find another series where drivers throughout the field are so well prepared.

Our monthly special events, which take place on weekends, typically use original combos.

After reading all this sound's like going be good day for racing can't waith for NA race to start get going.

I need to post my status here - it's unclear. A college group project member is going to "contact me later" because he's out with his wife and children. 👍 that's fair enough.. But he gave me no timeline.

I'm still a reserve, I think, but I reeeeaaaalllly want to do this. I love AWD and rallying... *crossing my fingers*

Back