GTP WRS-Online Event 1 : BallS1 to the Wall - January 29, 2014

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gravitron
  • 274 comments
  • 19,108 views
Question: is changing of tyres other than RH considered a legal pit stop strategy (in this particular race)?
 
Question: is changing of tyres other than RH considered a legal pit stop strategy (in this particular race)?
Eh, ... no. Racing hards and racing hards only.
 
It will be my first online race. How I would know - car behind me is on the same or upper lap?
 
It will be my first online race. How I would know - car behind me is on the same or upper lap?
You have a leaderboard on the right side of your screen where you can see who is just in front of you and who is just behind you. If a car appears behind you which is not in the list, it'll probably be someone who's about to lap you.
 
Lap times are an epic fail at a 1:20 average with a 1:17 best lap. This is at least 2 seconds slower then I have been. Let's chalk it up to a lack of practice over the last few days.

Could it be that the last update has changed something that would have slowed this car down for me? It's likely me, but it never hurts to ask, right?
1.04 did affect the physics somewhat, so feel free to blame that :)
 
Practice Room ID 1472-6681-3243-9092-5665

I will join you in about 15 minutes 👍

Room still open, thanks guys for the practise...
 
Last edited:
Confirmed for the EU race. I had a quick practice before, and got a few laps of 1'13.6 . Just as the tyres started losing their grip, the car felt much better and had a quick lap of 1'13.197, but went off track the next lap :lol:.
 
Confirmed for the AU race aswell.
 
Got the T500 back into race mode! I'll give it a whirl in an hour and confirm right after that :)
 
well I registered for the eu time slot and a maybe for the NA slot but my name is not showing up.?
 
Anyone got some last minute practice lobbies or is it too late? Sorry I've been very busy this week :p

EDIT: Just looked at the rules and I haven't got the criteria for a couple lounge split rules. Does this count me out of the race and if it does I'll understand. If I could know ASAP that'd be great because I can then cancel myself from the race ;)
 
Anyone got some last minute practice lobbies or is it too late? Sorry I've been very busy this week :p

EDIT: Just looked at the rules and I haven't got the criteria for a couple lounge split rules. Does this count me out of the race and if it does I'll understand. If I could know ASAP that'd be great because I can then cancel myself from the race ;)

me too I have been busy I don't have any splits I hope I can still take part.
 
Drivers, please update your status for the EU race!
well I registered for the eu time slot and a maybe for the NA slot but my name is not showing up.?
You should appear in the next image update
 
Anyone got some last minute practice lobbies or is it too late? Sorry I've been very busy this week :p

EDIT: Just looked at the rules and I haven't got the criteria for a couple lounge split rules. Does this count me out of the race and if it does I'll understand. If I could know ASAP that'd be great because I can then cancel myself from the race ;)
me too I have been busy I don't have any splits I hope I can still take part.

Guys the rules are setup so that even if you do nothing, you will still get a spot if you're confirmed and you show up. We fall back on your official published handicap if you do nothing.

In this case, you both submitted for the Time Trial, so the handicap you obtained there will be compared with your published handicap, and the lower of the two will determine which room you are in.
 
Anyone got some last minute practice lobbies or is it too late? Sorry I've been very busy this week :p

EDIT: Just looked at the rules and I haven't got the criteria for a couple lounge split rules. Does this count me out of the race and if it does I'll understand. If I could know ASAP that'd be great because I can then cancel myself from the race ;)

You don't need to fulfil all the alternatives for lounge splits. If you are in the registry and thus have a handicap, you can qualify for lounge split with that handicap.

The other alternatives are used if you have achieved a better handicap in last weeks TT, or if you haven't run the TT but think you can achieve a better handicap with a fast enough offline or online lap.
 
All's good!! I'm in for EU and 90% for NA.
 
I'm 100% confirmed for the EU race. 👍
 
100% in and ready testing now
 
^^ Don't forget to refresh the link page just before you join a room to ensure you are up to date with any assignment changes.
 
Hi, I was in the reserve list for EU race. Can I entry in the race? What's the lobby?
 
Hi, I was in the reserve list for EU race. Can I entry in the race? What's the lobby?
Did you click the link?
 
Hi, I was in the reserve list for EU race. Can I entry in the race? What's the lobby?

yes you can, you are in room B
 
link in ipad it doesn't works. I'll try in the labtop. Thanks
 
I just re-registered
Any place left?
 
I just re-registered
Any place left?
Yes, you will find yourself on the lounge assignment now, A room.
 
I just re-registered
Any place left?
you're added to the lobby assignments. Click the link and you'll see what lobby number you need to join.
Edit: Tree'd
 
Back