GTP WRS-Online Event 1 : BallS1 to the Wall - January 29, 2014

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 274 comments
Ah, can I call a mulligan on my seeding for this one? My D2 is NOT on par with my capabilities in this combo! My best time is really high 1'14 and I can only run consistent 1'15 in long runs. I don't want to be in the way (just ask GTP_K1utch...), and I would like to race with folks running my speed :dunce:

You do know the online times are quite a bit slower on this one so if you are running 1'14 online that's a 1'13 offline?

You could submit an offline ghost lap by uploading it to this thread that's representative of your pace or have a steward watch a lap in a lobby without tire wear as per the rules in the lobby split section and we can reseed you based on your time. Better get cracking if you want that option.

PS> Not targeted at you Pilmat in particular, but just a general warning. If we allow this sort of reseeding, we can't have people abuse it and get in a lounge they can dominate. Make sure, if you run a reseeding lap, that it's indicative of your true pace and ability. If you suddenly find 1+ second per lap in the race expect a sandbagging penalty and your win or podium will be dropped. If you run online and you feel it was not indicative let the steward know and we'll revert back to your registry handicap. Obviously, if you submit an offline ghost lap it better be indicative of your pace or don't submit it.

Set up a practice room

Id 1472 6118 4216 8216 4225

Thanks for the practice!

Last edited:
You do know the online times are quite a bit slower on this one so if you are running 1'14 online that's a 1'13 offline?

You could submit an offline ghost lap by uploading it to this thread that's representative of your pace or have a steward watch a lap in a lobby without tire wear as per the rules in the lobby split section and we can reseed you based on your time. Better get cracking if you want that option.

PS> Not targeted at you Pilmat in particular, but just a general warning. If we allow this sort of reseeding, we can't have people abuse it and get in a lounge they can dominate. Make sure, if you run a reseeding lap, that it's indicative of your true pace and ability. If you suddenly find 1+ second per lap in the race expect a sandbagging penalty and your win or podium will be dropped. If you run online and you feel it was not indicative let the steward know and we'll revert back to your registry handicap. Obviously, if you submit an offline ghost lap it better be indicative of your pace or don't submit it.

Yes, I know the online times are a good bit down on offline, but this combo has me running quite off pace. I've run in a few rooms so far and am always the same pace. I'll get a replay up tonight per #3. 👍

Had a quick couple of practice races tonight, managed a 1:13.857, but found myself overdriving a little! I was as smooth as the bearded ladies chin!

Had a quick couple of practice races tonight, managed a 1:13.857, but found myself overdriving a littlea! I was as smooth as the bearded ladies chin!

Yah, this one will be interesting. Blast the fronts and get good laps or save them like spare change for a rainy day. :lol: If I'm sniffing a faster driver's draft and able to leach I'm going to push while I can to take advantage of the draft and worry about the tread later... but if I'm by myself I think saving a little is prudent. That 2nd set of rubbish tires really throws a wrench into things. :lol:

Thanks for the practice runs we did tonight. In clean air in the last race I managed a 1'14.023 compared to a 1'13.195 offline, I have refined my line a bit though. I just don't know how it can be done any faster with all the understeer, which forces me to lift off the throttle more than I would like.

Really cant see 16 cars skidding in to the first bend on different lines going well. Could be wrong.

Enjoyed tonights practice, literally jumped on and was consistent straight away which is better than my first nights practice with all the other races :D! Time trialing before hand helps a ton!

Can't wait for tomorrow!

Going to have to cancel - my wheel broke a tooth on the gearing.

Odd, my screen froze, so had to quit game :confused:
Yeh you left quite suddenly! If anyone else is wanting to practice the room is still open. Same ID as Twissy quoted earlier. Currently 4 of us in here, although I'm mostly sitting idle :)

Edit: All of us now out of the lobby so that ones closed now.

Last edited:
Arrgghhh! Now I see what the T500 wheel hub coming loose is like... I hope to get this fixed by the EU race tomorrow!

Edit: Sad rig...

Last edited:
So, I'm sorry to say this, but I may need to be moved to reserve status. I've been procrastinating on a major assignment for college (like an idiot) and I'd rather be done the college work than racing...
You know, college is more important, and I should've gotten this assignment done sooner.

I hope it's okay, I'm way earlier than 90 minutes ahead of the race I'm scheduled for....... So I think it's okay... But maybe it's best for me to sit out.

Arrgghhh! Now I see what the T500 wheel hub coming loose is like... I hope to get this fixed by the EU race tomorrow!

Edit: Sad rig...

Wow, that's a cool control panel you got there on the right! What does it do?

Wow, that's a cool control panel you got there on the right! What does it do?

In GT, nothing... I use it for iRacing: reset, pit limiter, brake bias, anti-roll bars, "thank you" and stuff. It's a DSD FVS II prototype, Derek doesn't do the mirror anymore. It's really quite nice!

So, I'm sorry to say this, but I may need to be moved to reserve status. I've been procrastinating on a major assignment for college (like an idiot) and I'd rather be done the college work than racing...
You know, college is more important, and I should've gotten this assignment done sooner.

I hope it's okay, I'm way earlier than 90 minutes ahead of the race I'm scheduled for....... So I think it's okay... But maybe it's best for me to sit out.

Of course it's fine, this is enough notice. Get your homework done first and play later. Spoken like a real life Dad of two boys that prefer to play first. :sly: (so did I, but I can say years later I'm glad I put my studies first).

Room ID 1472-4711-0510-9355-5325

I was gone all week at the Snowfest in Frankenmuth. Had a blast walking around town in the single digits (much below 0 windchill)...but I'm a little rusty with the DS3 in hand. Earlier today I was able to get the game updated along with running the new (but a little late, as usual these days) Seasonal Events to grab the new free cars, but this is the first time in days I've been able to run the Audi quattro S1 Pikes Peak.

Hopefully some traffic will start to trickle in. :P

Last edited:
Room ID 1472-4711-0510-9355-5325

I was gone all week at the Snowfest in Frankenmuth. Had a blast walking around town in the single digits (much below 0 windchill)...but I'm a little rusty with the DS3 in hand. Earlier today I was able to get the game updated along with running the new (but a little late, as usual these days) Seasonal Events to grab the new free cars, but this is the first time in days I've been able to run the Audi quattro S1 Pikes Peak.

Hopefully some traffic will start to trickle in. :P

Will be joining shortly.

Lap times are an epic fail at a 1:20 average with a 1:17 best lap. This is at least 2 seconds slower then I have been. Let's chalk it up to a lack of practice over the last few days.

Could it be that the last update has changed something that would have slowed this car down for me? It's likely me, but it never hurts to ask, right?

I'm hitting the same times I did on 1.03 last night, but the first few laps feel especially slipperier.

I guess I just suck...but I already knew that. :(

This is NOT an easy combo to get. I spent a bit of time on the TT this week which really helped. I agree with Bart when he said, "smooth is fast". In sector 1 don't try to go too fast, try to go smooth and you'll end up fast.

I cant understand one thing. On yesterday practice I noticed that you guys braking much later on the right turn after back straith. I try to do the same, but I couldn't stop a car and missed apex. Are the some tips of braking and downshifting? :)

I cant understand one thing. On yesterday practice I noticed that you guys braking much later on the right turn after back straith. I try to do the same, but I couldn't stop a car and missed apex. Are the some tips of braking and downshifting? :)
When looking at somebody driving, or any replay for that matter, there is a slight delay on the brake and accel indicators. I know it looks like everyone is breaking *so much later than you are but actually they are already breaking from (guessing) 2 tenth back when you see the breaking indicator go up.

Speedy is right there. The offline ghost laps in GT5 even had the indicators slightly lagged, but online is worse.

You can brake a little later if you can effectively trail brake (in some corners including the hairpin), but it's also easy to lose more time than you gain by missing the apex and being late on throttle.

Try turning up the ABS (try 10) , it makes braking easier thru turn 1. You can not apply brakes too hard, subtle braking and smooth downshifts will help.
That is much better, thanks for the tip. First time using that much abs was useful.

Back