10:00 PM Eastern / 7:00 PM Pacific / 3:00 AM GMT

img.php

BMW M3 Coupe '07 @ Grand Valley East Reverse

car_bmw_m3_07.jpg
800pxgt5circuitgrandval.jpg

EVENT DETAILS | DRIVER REGISTRATION | RACE RESULTS | RACE HIGHLIGHTS

Last edited by a moderator:
wrstitleseventdetails.png

Lounge Settings (@ GTP_3D3Racing, GTP_3D3_B)

• Race Quality: Standard
  • Voice Chat Quality: Low

Official Practice Times

• NA: Mondays @ 8:00 PM Eastern / 5:00 PM Pacific
  • EU: Tuesdays @ 20:00 GMT / 3:00 PM Eastern / 12:00 PM Pacific
  • Pre-Race: The lounge is open for pre-race practice appx 1 hour prior to the official start of each event

Course & Car Settings

• Track: Grand Valley East Reverse
  • Car: BMW M3 Coupe '07 (from Recommended Garage)
  • Tires: Sports Soft (S3's)
  • In Event Tuning Settings: R/A functions only
  • Example Tunes: N/A

Qualification Procedures

For this event WRS submissions determine Grid position. Details for staging the Grid are here. Please ensure that you have read and understand the rollout procedure prior to the Race.
  • Sprint: Pre-Arranged based on official WRS-Time Trial results (then handicap).
  • Feature: Pre-Arranged based on Sprint Race results.

Event Settings

• Game Mode: Normal Races, Bracket Tournament
  • Laps: Sprint=12, Feature=36
  • Start Type: TBD
  • Grid Order: Fastest First
  • Boost: No
  • Slipstream strength: Weak
  • Penalty: None
  • Automatic Race Start Cycle: Disabled
  • Race Finish Delay: Set to the Max 180 Seconds
  • Grip Reduction: Real
  • Mechanical Damage: Light
  • Tire Wear / Fuel Consumption: On
  • Pit Stops: Allowed and as often as you need to but not required. When exiting the pit lane, remember to stay within pit lane exit boundaries and yield to approaching drivers. If you choose to go without a pitstop (or with fewer) be prepared for the significant speed difference of approaching drivers (see passing/blocking below).

Regulation Settings

• Car Restriction: See above (from Recommended Garage)
  • Performance Points: NA
  • Power: 414 HP (Stock)
  • Weight: 1655 kg (Stock)
  • Tire Restrictions: See above
  • Skid Recovery Force Aid | Active Steering | ASM: Disabled
  • TCS | Driving Line: Optional

Standard Clean OLR Rules Apply:

• Unless otherwise specified, all rules from the original WRS event apply.
  • All Hard Surfaces are considered Track Surface. This includes tarmac, red and white rumbles, and concrete. You are expected to drive clean at all times as if you are racing in the WRS. All participants are required to follow the GTPlanet Online Racing Rules & Guidelines.
  • 3D3 Race Stewards (who are taking part in race, but will review the replay) reserve the right to boot or invalidate the result of any driver from the Race Room for driving offensively. If you ignore any warnings from the stewards and are booted from the race room, you will not be allowed to participate in future 3D3 events.
  • 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • Runoff areas are not part of the track
  • Limit your contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Passing and Blocking: Aggressive blocking is not permitted, but the driver in front has the right to choose his/her line and braking point and drivers behind should respect that line. Be especially careful when you are on older tires than the competition as the speed difference may be significant. These events are "for fun" so just play nice and take a conservative rather than an aggressive approach when possible.

Good Luck, OLR Team:gtplanet:

Last edited by a moderator:
wrstitlesdriverregistra.png

In the event of a field over 16 drivers we will run a bracket style sprint/feature tournament.

event17_reg.png

(table will auto update approximately every 30 minutes)

Registration Instructions

The following must be performed by every driver for every event:
  • Click the registration button above, fill-in and submit the online registration form (use your GTP_ tag ID)
  • Leave a quick note in this thread to let us know you've registered and any other comments.
The following must be performed only one time per driver (not per event):
  • Send a PSN friend request to GTP_3D3Racing with subject line "3D3 Racing".
  • Send a PSN friend request to GTP_3D3_B with subject line "3D3 Racing".
  • Submit the 3D3 Racing Online Driver Database Entry Form. Your information will need to be verified before you are added to the db and before your ID will appear in the registered driver table above. You can view the official driver database here.

There is a 32 car/driver limit for this event (per region) and slots are awarded on the grid using a first come first serve basis. Reference the registered drivers table above for availability. This is a stand alone race and points are not tallied for a series. Future WRS-Online races hosted by 3D3 racing may have different driver limits and will require re-registration using the same first come first serve basis and participation in future events is optional.

Registration Changes

If you want to change your time slot, add a time slot or update your color choices just click on the registration link and fill out the form again and submit with new values. Your last entry will override any previous entries.

Cancellations

If for some reason, after you register for the event, you are unable to attend the race please post in this thread so we can update the registration list and make the spot available to another driver. Also click the registration button above and complete the form again selecting only "cancel" as your time slot.

Eligibility

This WRS-Online event hosted by 3D3 Racing is open to GTP_Registered members only. If you are not currently on the registry run the GTP_Registry qualifier and join now!

GrandValleyEast_1-800redo.jpg

Last edited:
wrstitleseventdetails.png

Bracket Tournament Details

Driver Rankings:
Bracket Assignments (Round 1 Sprint Races):
  • Odd ranked drivers go in Sprint Race A (GTP_3D3Racing Lounge).
  • Even ranked drivers go in Sprint Race B (GTP_3D3_B Lounge).
  • Lobby assignments for pre-registered drivers are made final 2 hours prior to event start, until then they will fluctuate as new drivers sign up for the event or cancel.
  • Anyone that registers after the cutoff will get assigned a room manually by a steward to "even out" the grids..
  • Event registration closes 15 minutes prior to the event.

Starting Order (Round 1 Sprint Races):
  • Determined by official submitted WRS-Time Trial lap time with fastest first.
  • Drivers who don't submit ordered by handicap at back of field.
  • Lobby will be reset after practice and stewards will manage entry on track. Pole sitter should park on track [location/TBD] on out-lap and all drivers park behind him in start order. Once final driver is in position the race timer will be started. Stay put until the timer finishes and you are placed on the starting grid.

Bracket Assignments (Round 2 Feature Races):
  • Top half of each grid advance to Feature Race A (GTP_3D3Racing)
  • Remaining advance to Feature Race B (GTP_3D3_B)
  • In case of odd number Feature Race A gets the additional driver(s).

Starting Order (Round 2 Feature Races):
  • Winner of sprint with the fastest times starts on pole, winner of the other sprint starts 2nd.
  • Stagger remaining positions based on finishing positions from sprints (based on position not time).
  • Stewards will manage entry on track. Pole sitter should park on track [location/TBD] on out-lap and all drivers park behind him in start order. Once final driver is in position the race timer will be started. Stay put until the timer finishes and you are placed on the starting grid.

Lounges:
  • GTP_3D3Racing will be used for Sprint A and Feature A
  • GTP_3D3_B will be used for Sprint B and Feature B
  • You need to be on the friends list of both of these PSN account before the race.

Timing (GMT for EU, similar timing for NA):
  • 19:00-19:55 Practice
  • 19:55-20:00 Drivers Meeting (required to be in lounge 5 mins before start of Sprint)
  • 20:00-20:05 Staged Track Entry to fix starting order and start race countdown timer
  • 20:05-20:25 Sprint Races (12 laps)
  • 20:25-20:30 Race Debrief. Drivers stay in sprint lounge after the race to await official instructions for feature.
  • 20:30-20:35 Break. *All* drivers must exit lounges and wait for stewards to set up Feature Lounges. Monitor this thread.
  • 20:35-20:40 Drivers Meeting (drivers report to their assigned feature lounge. Do not enter the track until instructed to do so.)
  • 20:40-20:45 Staged Track Entry to fix starting order and start race countdown timer
  • 20:45-21:30 Feature Races (36 laps)

The overall winner will be the winner of Feature Race A, followed by the rest of the finishers of Feature Race A in order and finally the finishers of Feature Race B.

Last edited:
Signed up for both EU and NA race.👍

I signed up for both EU and NA, too. Can't get enough!! And that Silverstone color looks good!!

In for the NA race, with the same color as my 325i that's driven daily. :)

Wow?! Look at that EU grid filling up so fast...in only one day!

Wow?! Look at that EU grid filling up so fast...in only one day!

👍 Our goal is to not turn anyone away that wants to race. We haven't figured out how we are going to split the rooms up, but if more than 16 drivers register we'll split into two lobbies. We have dedicated lounges in reserve in case we need to host a 2nd race.

NOTICE: *IF* we split it's likely that you can earn a spot in the primary room (Room A) using your WRS-Time Trial result so we want to encourage you to participate in the offline time trial. The admins are discussing the details now, but just wanted to give you a heads up that those that run the TT will gain a leg up as far as getting into the primary room. You may be able to get into Room A even if you don't run the time trial, but it'll take a little extra work. :sly:

NOTE: This looks to only be an issue in the EU event at this time. If you are very *iffy* to make the EU race then I suggest you leave a note here on this thread so we can take that into account.

Last edited:
I'm not "Iffy", I'm chasing "Biffy!" :D

All right, so it was funnier in my head!

I sure hope we're chasing Biffy -- or rather he's chasing me... He got locked out of the last event with the dreaded "room is full" bug. I'm really hoping we can get 20-24 guys signed up this week so we can have two great lounges full of racing rather than one 16 car room. Network vs racing is optimal with 12 drivers.

It would be cool if PD had dedicated servers like iracing.com that would handle 30+ car fields. Of course to get all the tracks and cars in GT5 for iracing it would cost you an arm and a leg.

Back from my GT5 hiatus/sort of but not completely a hiatus. :lol:

Looks good, wondering if we can't grow to a second room yet here. :)
(Maybe not for NA, but EU is shaping up for it)

Love the new format guys, I take 2 weeks off, and the whole place is redecorated!
:cheers:

Back from my GT5 hiatus/sort of but not completely a hiatus. :lol:

Looks good, wondering if we can't grow to a second room yet here. :)
(Maybe not for NA, but EU is shaping up for it)

Love the new format guys, I take 2 weeks off, and the whole place is redecorated!
:cheers:

Yes, 2nd room, ready we are! We just need to get over 16 and we'll show our hand.

Sign up for EU Dom. Would love to get 20+ so both rooms would be somewhat full, but even with 17 it will be good racing if we split into two rooms.

We are working on the final details of a two room format that I think people will enjoy and I think at this point given we're already at 16 it looks promising that we'll hit 18-20.

Yes, 2nd room, ready we are! We just need to get over 16 and we'll show our hand.

Sign up for EU Dom. Would love to get 20+ so both rooms would be somewhat full, but even with 17 it will be good racing if we split into two rooms.

We are working on the final details of a two room format that I think people will enjoy and I think at this point given we're already at 16 it looks promising that we'll hit 18-20.
I'll have my schedule in a few hours and then I'll know if I can make the EU race.👍

With the EU grid filling up so much and my connection at the minute being a bit dodgy (hopefully sorted today), could you put me down for a reserve because I would feel bad if I had the same problems as last time and someone else missed out.
Ill probably jump in some practice races in the 3d3 lounge to see if my connection is better.

hasslemoff
With the EU grid filling up so much and my connection at the minute being a bit dodgy (hopefully sorted today), could you put me down for a reserve because I would feel bad if I had the same problems as last time and someone else missed out.
Ill probably jump in some practice races in the 3d3 lounge to see if my connection is better.

Noted, but if we split into 2 lobbies nobody will miss out so you won't have to worry about bumping someone.

Important Notice: We've increased the limit per region to 32 drivers.

In the event that we have more than 16 drivers registered for either region we are going to use a two stage bracket style event:

Round 1: Sprint Races (15-20 minutes)
Round 2: Feature Races (45 minutes)​

In order to save time for both rounds we will not run any live qualifying. The sprint race will function as a qualifier for the feature race. Be prompt the sprint races will start promptly at the top of the hour. We'll still be running an hour practice session before the sprint race so you can join early.

Sprint Races:

Lobby Assignment: All drivers will be assigned a rank prior to the event based on their submitted WRS-TT lap and/or their overall handicap. Drivers with an "odd" rank will be assigned to Sprint A and drivers with an even rank will be assigned to Sprint B.

Starting Order: Determined by the submitted lap for the WRS-TT event. Drivers that did not submit will start behind those who did in order of their handicap.

Feature Races:

Lobby Assignment: The top half of finishers from the sprint races advance to Feature A. The bottom half advance to Feature Race B.

Starting Order: Starting order will be determined using results from the sprint races. Fastest finisher from the sprint round with earn pole position. Fastest finisher of the other sprint race will start in 2nd. Remaining order will stagger based on finishing positions from sprint.

Overall Winner and Results:

Winner of Feature A is the overall winner for the event. Feature A finishing positions determine top half of the overall results. Feature B finishing positions determine bottom half of the overall results.

Sprint A and Feature A will take place in the GTP_3D3Racing Lounge. Sprint B and Feature B will take place in the GTP_3D3_B Lounge. All of you should be receiving a PSN friend request from GTP_3D3_B in the next couple days. If you wish to take part in the EU race you will need to be on the friends list.

Some of the final details are still being determined by the admins and we'll update the first page as things are finalized.

Last edited:
Isn't that PSN name a bit confusing?:dopey:

I like the sound of it Tim, very nice.👍

Isn't that PSN name a bit confusing?:dopey:

I like the sound of it Tim, very nice.👍

We actually have three lounges set up for future special events: GTP_3D3_A, GTP_3D3_B and GTP_3D3_C. Couldn't think of anything better at the time. :dopey:

EDIT: Speedy just cleared up why there was confusion. I'll switch it up so we use GTP_3D3_B for the B races for this event. We will still use the main lounge (GTP_3D3Racing) for the "A" races since that friends list is already set up.

Last edited:
I sure hope we're chasing Biffy -- or rather he's chasing me... He got locked out of the last event with the dreaded "room is full" bug. I'm really hoping we can get 20-24 guys signed up this week so we can have two great lounges full of racing rather than one 16 car room. Network vs racing is optimal with 12 drivers.

It would be cool if PD had dedicated servers like iracing.com that would handle 30+ car fields. Of course to get all the tracks and cars in GT5 for iracing it would cost you an arm and a leg.

Looks like I may be doing the chasing this week, struggling to find the times that the D2 leader (Usual_Suspect) has. May give it another session tonight so I can chase those times like a madman :scared:

You mean GTP_3D3_A?

We actually have three lounges set up for future special events: GTP_3D3_A, GTP_3D3_B and GTP_3D3_C. Couldn't think of anything better at the time. :dopey:
Yeah, the B races are run in 3D3_A's lounge.:dopey:

Latest Posts

Back