GTP WRS-Online : Event 17 : An M3 on S3's at GVE - Jan 4

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 209 comments
Yeah, the B races are run in 3D3_A's lounge.:dopey:

Fixed. Thanks. The B races will take place in the B lounge. The A races will take place in the normal GTP_3D3Racing lounge.

Look for a friend request from GTP_3D3_B shortly if you are registered for the EU event.

How will the sorting in the starting grid work, if we have no quali? Do we have a warmup lap sothat we can figure out the positions or how will that work?

How will the sorting in the starting grid work, if we have no quali? Do we have a warmup lap sothat we can figure out the positions or how will that work?

Formation lap most likely. The other option is to reset the track and have everyone drive out of pits in start order and stay in order without anyone completing a single lap. Then start race timer... that will put everyone on grid in proper order for a standing start.

One of these two methods will be used.

Very nice work, Tim. 👍 I really should stay home a couple days after New Year's, so I can make the EU race...*cough* *sniff* :lol:

Friends list room cleared.
I should send an FR to GTP_3D3_B?

Yes. I'll be logging in shortly and will accept it or if I don't see it I'll send one to you.

EDIT: I sent you a FR from GTP_3D3_B.

Very nice work, Tim. 👍 I really should stay home a couple days after New Year's, so I can make the EU race...*cough* *sniff* :lol:

Do it Do it! Bracket style championship... you can't miss that!

Last edited:
Feature Races:
Lobby Assignment: The top half of finishers from the sprint races advance to Feature A. The bottom half advance to Feature Race B.

I'm assuming you guys choose the top half finishers based on time?

On finishing position for each sprint race and not on time. Obviously within a sprint race you finish higher if your time is faster, but we are not going to compare times across sprint races.

If there are 20 total drivers and thus 10 in each sprint race the top 5 from each sprint move on to Feature A regardless of the race time. The remaining drivers advance to Feature B.

In case of an odd number (18 = 9 + 9) the extra driver will go to Feature A so in that scenario Feature A will have 10 (5 + 5) drivers and Feature B will have 8 (4 + 4).

This system is fair because both sprints should be as equal as we can make them and will each include a full range of drivers. The #1 ranked driver goes to Sprint A, #2 ranked goes to Sprint B, #3 to Sprint A, #4 to Sprint B, etc.

I'd say that's too much work on the spot. I read this as only the top time will be compared and only for the purpose of seeding the feature race grid, top-half from each sprint race qualifies for feature race.

I like the new format. 👍👍

I'd say that's too much work on the spot. I read this as only the top time will be compared and only for the purpose of seeding the feature race grid, top-half from each sprint race qualifies for feature race.

I like the new format. 👍👍

Yes.

And I like the bracket format too... of course it won't be necessary for the NA race as we can all fit in one lounge. Assuming we have 16 or less for NA we'll run our normal 15-20 minute live quali and 45-50 minute feature race.

This system is fair because both sprints should be as equal as we can make them and will each include a full range of drivers. The #1 ranked driver goes to Sprint A, #2 ranked goes to Sprint B, #3 to Sprint A, #4 to Sprint B, etc.

I seemed to have just skipped reading this part :lol:.
Makes a lot more sense now, and it does seem like a great idea 👍.

Going to run a bit of M3 practice in the 3D3 lounge if anyone wants to join. Maybe 45 mins. Will post back when I'm out.

Edit: I'm over and out! Pre joined me for a bit and may still be there.

Last edited:
I haven't yet signed up, but want to ask if I may sign up as a 'wildcard' entry, I can never guarantee that I can make it but I'll try. (for the EU race btw)

I haven't yet signed up, but want to ask if I may sign up as a 'wildcard' entry, I can never guarantee that I can make it but I'll try. (for the EU race btw)

Yes you can.
There are always people who can't make due to last minute changes in their real life schedule.

Just try and let us know in time if you won't be able to join. 👍
This way we can make the proper changes in the fields.

Thanks Speedy, I'll get the obligatory paper work done now and hopefully see some of you on track on wednesday!!

How did I go from driver #16 to driver #17 on the N/A race list? Is it not first come first served?

Al

Nm, I did more reading!

Last edited:
Signed up for the EU version of this and will try to make the practice session also.

OK, I added you to the 3D3 drivers database so you can register for any event in the future automatically (and your name will appear in the tables automatically). Do you want us to list a first name... Not 100% sure if it was Dave and didn't want to assume.

Submitted by database sheet

I don't see your entry.

First, click here to submit your entry into the 3D3 Racing Online Driver Database. You can do that once and you won't have to do it for any future events.

Second, click here to sign up for this individual event. Each event has it's own registration form and it's all automatic once you complete step 1 above.

How did I go from driver #16 to driver #17 on the N/A race list? Is it not first come first served?

Just to clarify for everyone. Your rank and sprint race assignment (A or B) will vary as new people sign up depending on their rank. For the rank we are using the official handicap. On Wednesday about 2 hours before the race (an hour before the lounge opens for practice) we will lock down the room assignments. Anyone adding in after that will get assigned a room "Manually" on the thread to even out the field (they'll either fill in for a cancellation or just alternate A & B). We are trying to make both sprint races even in terms of speed/spectrum of drivers. Handicap isn't perfect, but it's the best method we've got.

This week we will not allow last minute unannounced joins to the lobby because because of the bracket system and the fact that we are not running qualifying and have to set the order ahead of time. Any last minute entries must post to the thread as the form will be closed for submissions -- you can post your late entry request up until 15 minutes before the event start time at which point no more entries will be allowed -- The races start sharp at the top of the hour so there will be no way to pop in during quali. We will have stewards check the thread 10-15 minutes before the start and make last minute room assignments if needed.

No problem. It would be a great help if you could tell us by Wednesday a couple hours before the event what the odds are you'll make it as it could impact the room assignments. If one person drops it's probably not a big deal and won't throw it off too much, but if we have several cancels we may need to do a last minute shuffle of a few people from room to room.

I filled out Step 1 again. I didn't sign up ye for step 2 till I know my schedule on Monday morning. I attached the screenshot I received after filling out data sheet.

Attachments

• Thanks!.pdf
    33 KB · Views: 13
I filled out Step 1 again. I didn't sign up ye for step 2 till I know my schedule on Monday morning. I attached the screenshot I received after filling out data sheet.

Ok, I checked the Driver database and you are listed in it 👍
Now you can just register for individual races by clicking on the registration button.

You were right that it worked the first time. I was looking for GTP_jwb351 and didn't realize you were GTP_accessraider. My bad.

I updated the first page with a Bracket Details Post. We reserve the right to make minor changes, but the major points are all there.

Please ask if you have any questions.

Official Practice Times

• NA: Mondays @ 8:00 PM Eastern / 5:00 PM Pacific
  • EU: Tuesdays @ 20:00 GMT / 3:00 PM Eastern / 12:00 PM Pacific

I would like to suggest to everybody who signed up to come and participate in the practice tomorrow because we have many new entries here. 👍
We do some short practice races there too.
This is just to make sure everyone get's a good feeling of what the first turn is going to be like in a large group AND on cold tires.
I'm just trying to avoid several cars spinning out there and taking possible innocent drivers with them.
Hope to see lot's of you there tomorrow. :)

I'm going to miss most of the official NA and EU practices so I'm going to set up the lounge at 6:30 PM Eastern (90 mins early) for NA and add a couple additional official practices times that I'll host.

Here is an optional interest check / sign up sheet for the practice session so we have an idea who can make it. You can join any on the spot even if you don't sign up. And if you sign up and can't make it that's fine.

Practice #1 (NA): Monday @ 6:30 PM Eastern / 3:30 PM Pacific

1. GTP_WRP001 (Host) until 8:00 PM eastern
2. GTP_Hydro (Host) after 8:00 PM eastern

Practice #2 (NEW): Monday @ 11:00 PM Eastern / 8:00 PM Pacific

1. GTP_WRP001 (Host)

Practice #3 (EU): Tuesday @ 20:00 PM GMT / 3:00 PM Eastern / 12:00 PM Pacific

1. GTP_Hydro (Host)

Practice #4 (NEW): Tuesday @ 11:00 PM Eastern / 8:00 PM Pacific

1. GTP_WRP001 (Host)

All practices in GTP_3D3Racing lounge. Practices usually last two hours, but will be extended if the room is active. Practices consisted of free run open practice and 12 lap practice races (15 mins). If you join the lounge right after the start of a practice race you may have to wait 10 minutes to join the track, but you can use the watch race function to observe.

To sign up: Quote this message, remove the quote tags and add yourself to the appropriate list(s). Add new numbers as necessary. Note your times if you can only make part of the practice.

Can't make it :(
If there was a chance we could make a practice at Monday for EU, I would jump in 👍
Maybe I can come at Practice #1, but for a short period of time, as I will be sleepy and the time would be 1:30AM :grumpy:

Can't make it :(
If there was a chance we could make a practice at Monday for EU, I would jump in 👍
Maybe I can come at Practice #1, but for a short period of time, as I will be sleepy and the time would be 1:30AM :grumpy:

You are free to create a monday EU time slot and host if you want. You can just quote the above and add your slot. Some people do tend to be reluctant to practice before the offline time trial completes, but you could see if anyone has interest.

Any objections to me using the lounge for a bit of practice this evening? (EU time!) If so and anyone wants to join feel free. I'd prefer to use the 3D3 lounge rather than my own so other 3D3'ers can join, just want to scope tyre wear and cold tyre performance. Probably on in an hour or so if its cool?

I'm going to miss most of the official NA and EU practices so I'm going to set up the lounge at 6:30 PM Eastern (90 mins early) for NA and add a couple additional official practices times that I'll host.

Here is an optional interest check / sign up sheet for the practice session so we have an idea who can make it. You can join any on the spot even if you don't sign up. And if you sign up and can't make it that's fine.

Practice #1 (NA): Monday @ 6:30 PM Eastern / 3:30 PM Pacific

1. GTP_WRP001 (Host) until 8:00 PM eastern
2. GTP_Hydro (Host) after 8:00 PM eastern

Practice #2 (NEW): Monday @ 11:00 PM Eastern / 8:00 PM Pacific

1. GTP_WRP001 (Host)
2. GTP_Chuk

Practice #3 (EU): Tuesday @ 20:00 PM GMT / 3:00 PM Eastern / 12:00 PM Pacific

1. GTP_Hydro (Host)
2. GTP_Chuk

Practice #4 (NEW): Tuesday @ 11:00 PM Eastern / 8:00 PM Pacific

1. GTP_WRP001 (Host)
2. GTP_Chuk

All practices in GTP_3D3Racing lounge. Practices usually last two hours, but will be extended if the room is active. Practices consisted of free run open practice and 12 lap practice races (15 mins). If you join the lounge right after the start of a practice race you may have to wait 10 minutes to join the track, but you can use the watch race function to observe.

To sign up: Quote this message, remove the quote tags and add yourself to the appropriate list(s). Add new numbers as necessary. Note your times if you can only make part of the practice.

I'll do my best to make these times as I think I really need the on-line practice this week!

Back