GTP WRS-Online : Event 17 : An M3 on S3's at GVE - Jan 4

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 209 comments
Here is an optional interest check / sign up sheet for the practice session so we have an idea who can make it. You can join any on the spot even if you don't sign up. And if you sign up and can't make it that's fine.

Practice #1 (NA): Monday @ 6:30 PM Eastern / 3:30 PM Pacific / 11:30 PM GMT

1. GTP_WRP001 (Host) until 8:00 PM eastern
2. GTP_Hydro (Host) after 8:00 PM eastern
3. GTP_Speedy6543

Practice #2 (NEW): Monday @ 11:00 PM Eastern / 8:00 PM Pacific / 4:00 AM GMT (Tuesday)

1. GTP_WRP001 (Host)
2. GTP_Chuk

Practice #3 (EU): Tuesday @ 20:00 PM GMT / 3:00 PM Eastern / 12:00 PM Pacific

1. GTP_Hydro (Host)
2. GTP_Chuk
3. GTP_Speedy6543

Practice #4 (NEW): Tuesday @ 11:00 PM Eastern / 8:00 PM Pacific / 4:00 AM GMT (wednesday)

1. GTP_WRP001 (Host)
2. GTP_Chuk

All practices in GTP_3D3Racing lounge. Practices usually last two hours, but will be extended if the room is active. Practices consisted of free run open practice and 12 lap practice races (15 mins). If you join the lounge right after the start of a practice race you may have to wait 10 minutes to join the track, but you can use the watch race function to observe.

To sign up: Quote this message, remove the quote tags and add yourself to the appropriate list(s). Add new numbers as necessary. Note your times if you can only make part of the practice.

Last edited:
Any objections to me using the lounge for a bit of practice this evening? (EU time!) If so and anyone wants to join feel free. I'd prefer to use the 3D3 lounge rather than my own so other 3D3'ers can join, just want to scope tyre wear and cold tyre performance. Probably on in an hour or so if its cool?

You are always free to use the 3D3 lounge unless there is an official event scheduled. I may join you if I'm able... sick of banging my head against the wall in the offline time trial. :grumpy:

Any objections to me using the lounge for a bit of practice this evening? (EU time!) If so and anyone wants to join feel free. I'd prefer to use the 3D3 lounge rather than my own so other 3D3'ers can join, just want to scope tyre wear and cold tyre performance. Probably on in an hour or so if its cool?

I'll join you this evening around 9:00 PM GMT 👍

Here is an optional interest check / sign up sheet for the practice session so we have an idea who can make it. You can join any on the spot even if you don't sign up. And if you sign up and can't make it that's fine.

3. GTP_Speedy6543

Practice #2 (NEW): Monday @ 11:00 PM Eastern / 8:00 PM Pacific / 4:00 AM GMT (Tuesday)

1. GTP_WRP001 (Host)
2. GTP_Chuk
3. GTP_gooners_17

1. GTP_Hydro (Host)
2. GTP_Chuk
3. GTP_Speedy6543
4. GTP_gooners_17

Practice #4 (NEW): Tuesday @ 11:00 PM Eastern / 8:00 PM Pacific / 4:00 AM GMT (wednesday)

1. GTP_WRP001 (Host)
2. GTP_Chuk
3. GTP_gooners_17

All practices in GTP_3D3Racing lounge. Practices usually last two hours, but will be extended if the room is active. Practices consisted of free run open practice and 12 lap practice races (15 mins). If you join the lounge right after the start of a practice race you may have to wait 10 minutes to join the track, but you can use the watch race function to observe.

To sign up: Quote this message, remove the quote tags and add yourself to the appropriate list(s). Add new numbers as necessary. Note your times if you can only make part of the practice.

You are always free to use the 3D3 lounge unless there is an official event scheduled. I may join you if I'm able... sick of banging my head against the wall in the offline time trial. :grumpy:

Thanks guys, I'm opening the lobby now if anyone is about, if not I may jump out and run the WRS version until 9 ish when Speedy is joining.

Thanks guys, I'm opening the lobby now if anyone is about, if not I may jump out and run the WRS version until 9 ish when Speedy is joining.

I'll join you for a bit. I can't do anything with my offline ghost who is already slow enough... :grumpy:

I'll post when I'm in the 3D3 lounge, Jim.
See you then. :)

I'll be there for a few practise sessions. Too lazy to do the sign up thing.. :P

And going in the 3D3 lounge now later.:P

Take a look at this guys.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=237539

From what I read in the OP and on the thread, I think this glitch occurred in our previous race, which would explain the complaints a few people were having.

Nice find 👍

MGR
I am now convinced the cause of the massive lap time discrepancies sometimes experienced when racing online are related to the use of a steering wheel.

It seems that there are several contributing factors for it to occur:

Room size
Not entirely sure of the exact number but around 12+ it starts to appear.

Car type
Seems easy to replicate the bug with races full of premium cars (like one-make races).

Racing Only
The bug doesn't seem to show itself in free run mode before the race (although this could just be because there may not be 12+ cars simultaneously lapping the circuit)

One thing's for sure, when it does occur it's only the wheel users that suffer. The car seems to suffer a massive loss of grip and reduced straight line speed. I also notice a lot of small frame dips and stutters.

For all the bugs and glitches in GT5 this one's by far the worst in my opinion.

If there even a work-around for this problem? (with the exception of unplugging my G25)

Yep,all the problems described noticed,

Saw Pekka race away from me on the straight, together with all the other differences confused me big time.

These are the first lap times of the testrace and the real race of six racers.

1:1'45-1'45
2:1'46-1'48
3:1'47-1'53
4:1'47-2'00
5:1'50-2'01
6:1'52-2'04

Testrace a difference of 7 sec ,the race 19 sec.

Signed up (finally) for the EU race. Still not had much running on the WRS offline - 3 sessions of about 25 laps so far but still about 0.5 off Wes' pace and not really getting where I'm losing time.... but online with 3D3 is always fun. :)

Happy New Year you guys. Hope its a good one for all. :cheers:

Signed up (finally) for the EU race. Still not had much running on the WRS offline - 3 sessions of about 25 laps so far but still about 0.5 off Wes' pace and not really getting where I'm losing time.... but online with 3D3 is always fun. :)

Happy New Year you guys. Hope its a good one for all. :cheers:

Glad you'll join us Chris! Just so you know in case you don't submit to WRS you will start near the back for the Sprint. I'm not too happy with my offline time either, but I'm probably submitting just so I don't have to start at the back.

Of course you only have to get through 1/2 the field in order to advance to Feature A, but then you start at the back of Feature A. So it's a relatively big advantage to get in a good WRS time this week. I think Speedy and I and others are going to be practicing in a bit if you want to join, plus all the sessions listed above.

Great practice session with Jim and Mohit. It's hard to pass here unless the guy in front makes a mistake or spins the tires. The final corner/straight is a decent passing spot, but the draft doesn't do much at these speeds so it's not easy either.

The right turn at the exit of the tunnel is not what I'd normally consider a good passing spot, but it's probably the only other spot to pull off a pass. If you are getting run down don't be surprised if someone dips inside there and be prepared for it. Especially in the sprint when time is short. IMO, if you have enough speed to pull beside a little at the start of the brake zone it's a legit move... if you dive bomb and make contact to slow yourself down it's not a gentleman's move. Use the practice session to work that out and let us know what you think.

Finally, we ran a 12 lap race in practice and I protested my loss by 0.004 to Jim, but I was beat:

M3PracticRace.jpg

Oh Yah!

Happy New Year!
:gtpflag:

Last edited:
Just join the 3D3 lounge.
It will never be online.
When you want to join it, you will see who's in there.

In the practice session, I selected the watch race option to watch where I'm losing time, but I couldn't change the view from the default. There's no change view button and I pressed everything but nothing worked.
Any ideas?

In the practice session, I selected the watch race option to watch where I'm losing time, but I couldn't change the view from the default. There's no change view button and I pressed everything but nothing worked.
Any ideas?

Yeah, that's always been like that. 👎
IDEA: save the replay of a race and look in that replay.

Any ideas?

As far as I know you can't. You can save a race replay from practice and watch, but you can't change views in watch race. You can change what driver you are watching usually... but sometimes lately that doesn't work either.

Yeah, that's always been like that. 👎
IDEA: save the replay of a race and look in that replay.

As far as I know you can't. You can save a race replay from practice and watch, but you can't change views in watch race. You can change what driver you are watching usually... but sometimes lately that doesn't work either.

Shame. I was watching the free run not the race, but thanks anyways.

3. GTP_Speedy6543
4. GTP_EDK

1. GTP_WRP001 (Host)
2. GTP_Chuk
3. GTP_gooners_17
4. GTP_Gravitron

1. GTP_Hydro (Host)
2. GTP_Chuk
3. GTP_Speedy6543
4. GTP_gooners_17

1. GTP_WRP001 (Host)
2. GTP_Chuk
3. GTP_gooners_17
4. GTP_Gravitron

Last edited by a moderator:
...added myself to your post above, Tim, for practices 2 & 4. Neither are definite, but I really hope to make at least one. I *might* get one last crack at the offline TT tonight, and if so, might also mix in an informal online set of laps in the GTP_3D3Racing lounge. I also could be dreaming all this up, as I haven't checked what the fam's doing. :dunce:

EDIT: No GT5 for me tonight, doh!

EDIT2: Signed up for EU!

Last edited:
...added myself to your post above, Tim, for practices 2 & 4. Neither are definite, but I really hope to make at least one. I *might* get one last crack at the offline TT tonight, and if so, might also mix in an informal online set of laps in the GTP_3D3Racing lounge. I also could be dreaming all this up, as I haven't checked what the fam's doing. :dunce:

EDIT: No GT5 for me tonight, doh!

EDIT2: Signed up for EU!

If you add a new region to an existing registration you have to select both regions otherwise it removes you from the first region. I fixed your entry manually.

Note: For any of the newer drivers in this series... we are going to be running a special event in a couple weeks:

I posted an interest check a few weeks back, but you may not have seen it if you are new. Click the link above and sign up if you are interested. We are definitely looking to round out the field with some D4 and D5 drivers in particular. The car is just awesome and we're going to be using it for WRS-TT and WRS-OE right after the snow rally event.

I'm in the 3D3 lounge now.
If anyone wants some practice?

Latest Posts

Back