GTP WRS-Online : Event 24 : That's MonZa - Feb 22

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 118 comments
A good $60 headset, like the Turtle Beach P11's, will have 2 volume controls: one for the chat sounds, and one for the game sounds. This has made it infinitely easier for me to understand everyone.

I don't think my Tritton AX Pro headset has that feature and they cost more than double that??? If they have that feature I've missed it and I must find it.

EDIT: Looks like my headset supports this and I've been missing it because of a setup difference on my PS3! :dunce: I'll have to try the new setting tomorrow and see if it works. 👍

To properly setup the AX Pro for voice chat, be sure to set both the "Input Device" and "Output Device" to "c-Media USB" under Settings > Accessories Settings > Audio Device Settings. If the "Output Device" is set to anything else you may still hear the chat audio, but you will not be able to control the chat volume via the inline controller.

My biggest problem is that different people have totally different chat volumes... I can always hear Speedy loud and clear. Marc almost always. Kevin almost always. Lucas about 50/50. Dale almost always clearly... but others are sometime barely audible above the background noise of the car. Probably has to do with how everyone has their own microphone input volume set.

Last edited:
My mic volume has been at the max for about a month now. I'll just have to mumble louder. :lol: And the mic has an easy-to-adjust telescoping arm and it easily could be too far from my frothing mouth. :)

I'm going to jump in the lounge for some... Practice with a C.

Sorry for missing the practice today but had very little to no energy when I got home. I will be at the race tomorrow and my mic is alright for the price I have on it, only paid €15 for it but most people can hear me fine on it once they get through my accent :lol: I find it hard enough to hear on it though do I may have to ask you to repeat yourself but it should be okay. 👍

Finished with tuning. Lots of 2nd gear on corner entrys.

I did several 1'46's with this tune.
This combo is faster online than offline , interesting. :odd:

Pekka, are you running tomorrow in EU or NA? Online is faster because we are using softer tires. :sly:

Those of you on reserve for EU (or last minute registrations) please update your status tomorrow by one hour before the event so we can figure out if we need to run split grid or just one room.

If we end up with 17+ drivers we'll split qualifying between two lobbies. Group A will qualify in GTP_3D3Racing and Group B will qualify in GTP_3D3_B. Your group assignments are included in the registration image. Qualification times across both rooms will be compared, the fastest half of the drivers will race in GTP_3D3Racing (Race A) and the remaining drivers will race in GTP_3D3_B (Race B).

Everyone will have an opportunity to race regardless as long as you confirm at least an hour before the event. 👍

If we end up with 13-16 all drivers will qualify in GTP_3D3Racing, but will enter the track in groups (A & B) to alleviate traffic issues. The race will take place in GTP_3D3_A which has mics-disabled (to reduce lag) and we'll migrate there right after qualification.

In any case all drivers should report to GTP_3D3Racing for pre-race and we'll give instructions there. If the room fills up we'll open a 2nd lounge and post instructions on this thread.

Dropped out, have done exactly 0 laps of this combo, so it's pretty pointess for me to race. Also can't stop lapping the nurburgring :lol:

I am using the playstation headset, i think i am understandable, what i have noticed in the past while playing among friends is that when you talk all togheter, the ones with the weaker internet connections are not to be heard. So my opinion, if you have problems with lag, you better not use the microphone.... During the practice session last night, it was 'cote d'azur' who was having connection problems, even during the race i saw his car doing strange things cause of 'lag'.

I just bought a cheap (30€ at that time was cheap) universal bluetooth headset.
My volume is set at max,

headseta.jpg
smlcvff378364432392.jpg

I do not own any kind of headset, maybe I'll buy one sooner or later. Unfortunately all kind of voice-recording stuff makes my voice quite childish - I just hate hearing myself that way, I sound like 10-11 year old even though my real voice is not so bad. Quite embarassing :indiff:

Apart from all the mistakes I made in the practice races yesterday :dunce:, I had a beautiful side-by-side entry at Ascari with Thierry.

I'm in the GTP_3D3Racing lounge for some more laps and tweaking, feel free to join.
EDIT: Nevermind, Going to hit the 'ring.

Last edited:
I am using the playstation headset, i think i am understandable, what i have noticed in the past while playing among friends is that when you talk all togheter, the ones with the weaker internet connections are not to be heard. So my opinion, if you have problems with lag, you better not use the microphone.... During the practice session last night, it was 'cote d'azur' who was having connection problems, even during the race i saw his car doing strange things cause of 'lag'.

I was using a Jabra 250 blue tooth and I could hear every one well.
For today I will not use it during the race to help with my connection. at some point yesterday, briefly, my car would not accelarate any more and also it would not start in the 3rd race.

Apart from all the mistakes I made in the practice races yesterday :dunce:, I had a beautiful side-by-side entry at Ascari with Thierry.

I'm in the GTP_3D3Racing lounge for some more laps and tweaking, feel free to join.
EDIT: Nevermind, Going to hit the 'ring.

Yes much better than when I missed my bracking point at the parabolica. :dopey:

I was using a Jabra 250 blue tooth and I could hear every one well.
For today I will not use it during the race to help with my connection. at some point yesterday, briefly, my car would not accelarate any more and also it would not start in the 3rd race.

That is what i do aswell, as soon as i notice trouble, i switch off my headset. Although i must admit since i have upgraded my internet connection, i did not experience any failure's again.

I spend total of ~40 laps of practice (both online and offline, including the practice race) also using Jon's tune. Today I decided to check out the Speedy's one. I beat my previous record easily with it.

By over half of the second.

On the 2nd lap.
:dunce:

Can't wait for the race! :dopey:

I've registered for both. It should be some interesting racing, to be sure. Lots of people!! :)

My plan is to hijack Pekka's tune and run with it. I'm still not confident enough about on-line tuning to try my own, but I'm going to practice for a couple of hours. We'll see what that brings. :dopey:

I love Wednesday racing! 👍 Thanks Tim for the work you do! 👍👍

Great combo Speedy! 👍👍 [And thanks for your work on "Speedy's Site!!!" :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Stewards Driver Instructions for the EU race

Looks like we are hovering right around 16... with under four hours to go until race time we are at 15 + 1 reserve (+ pekka?). The most likely scenario is we'll all race in one large grid in which case we are going to run the following procedure:

1. Pre-race practice in GTP_3D3Racing starting by 19:00 GMT (hosted and announced by Speedy)
  2. Group qualifying in GTP_3D3Racing starting at 20:00 GMT. Track reset at 19:59 GMT sharp.
  3. After qualification Speedy will exit lounge and setup GTP_3D3_A while I review quali order and staging instructions
  4. Drivers will exit GTP_3D3Racing and enter the GTP_3D3_A lounge
  5. Drivers will enter pits/track immediately (after checking their car settings/tires) and park in start order at end of first straight
  6. Race timer will be started by a racing steward. All drivers remained parked in order (no horns)
  7. Race Start!

Lounge Switch: For those that are new, we are switching over to GTP_3D3_A for the actual race because it's a mic-disabled lounge and that uses less bandwidth and has fewer connection problems with large grids over 12. Even if all drivers mute/disable their mics a mic-enabled lounge has extra overhead. We'll go over all the procedure while still in the mic-enabled lounge so everyone is clear on the procedures because once we migrate any communication will have to be via text.

Group Qualifying: Check the driver registration image for your qualifying group. We will reset the track at exactly 20:00 GMT and Group A will enter the track immediately. Each driver will have a single untimed out-lap and then 2 timed hot laps. After your second hot lap you should continue at reduced speed until you find a safe place to park off track. When we've recorded all your times we'll ask for the track to be cleared and you should exit to the lobby. You can use the watch race function while the other group qualifies to follow the action. Keep text/voice chatter for emergency/admin only use during qualification so as not to distract drivers running hot laps. During the out laps we will be giving instructions, but we'll try to keep everything quiet for all hot laps.

The following web page will be updated live by Speedy and myself as drivers qualify: Quali Times (EU). If you have access to a smart phone or PC while you drive then you can view that page to find out where you are positioned for staging. We will also announce the order via voice before and text after we switch lounges. It's most important to know who you are positioned behind so you can park direct behind them for staging.

Grid Start: If for some reason after we stage the grid order is wrong (rare, but it happens) just go with it. Don't slow or try to give back positions as it can result in some ugly turn 1 outcomes. No restarts for grid mis-placement. Also with a large grid there are occasional occurances where a driver has a delayed black screen and misses the start by a second or so. You'll just have to gather yourself and take what you've got as we will not restart for this either -- happened to me two weeks ago. In the future we are going to start doing rolling starts as our regular procedure and this will alleviate the problem, but for this week we're sticking with an automated standing grid start.

Turn 1: Turn 1 is more of a kink this week and we should be able to take that safely if everyone is patient and most should be single file by the turn. It's a long race and drafting/tire wear will play a large roll so you will have plenty of time to gain positions with smart and safe driving! The sand to the left of the "kink" is unforgiving... remember if you push someone off there you have to wait for them to get back on track losing a lot of time so it's worth displaying a little caution for the start.

Change your oil before entering the lounge for pre-race practice. Free run laps will not impact your oil condition and you will not need to leave the lounge and change the oil again before the race.

Good Luck, OLR Team:gtplanet:

Last edited:
A couple more Steward's notes that apply to both of the races today:

DC's:

If you DC during quali and you can re-enter and get a lap in before the completion of quali you can do so. If there isn't enough time you can rejoin and start in the back of the field. A Group A driver that DC's can run quali with Group B, but it's doubtful a Group B driver would have time to complete a lap. We will try to record your first hot lap for Group B so if you DC after that lap and we have recorded the time you can go with that time.

If you DC during the staging of the grid, but before we start the race timer then we'll wait up to 5 minutes for you to reconnect to the lounge, enter track and get back in your original position before starting the timer. If you DC a second time you are out of luck.

Once the race countdown timer has started we will not restart unless there are multiple DCs as it will require a room reset, re-staging, etc. and we have a limited amount of time. You are welcome to come back to the lounge and observe or watch Speedy's live feed.

Pits:

There is a speeding penalty on this track. I *think* it's around 100-120 mph and if you stay under that speed when the AI takes over you should be fine. If you go in too fast the system will hold you in the pits for a few moments after your stop. If anyone has a better idea of the speed limit please post.

Well, I just got myself some earphones (the P11 that Lucas mentioned), so I'll be able to hear you even while I'm driving. It has a mic too, so you will have the privilege of hearing my melodious voice.

Concerning the DMZ setup... it looks like I changed the admin password to our router and then forgot what I changed it to :dunce: There must be a way to reset it, I guess, I'll look into it between the two races.

Race timer will be started by a racing steward. All drivers remained parked in order (no horns)

I'll type "honk if you love Tim!"... :dopey:

^Yep, yesterday in practice, I took the pits at 180Km/hr and didn't get the penalty.

180Km/hr has to be your speed at the moment AI takes over your car. Then your safe.

Here's when you know weither or not you got the penalty.

GTP_3D3Racing lounge is open for official pre-race practice. 👍

Update: There are 14 in lounge now. Only JTV missing from the confirmed list. Pekka or akmuq there is one open spot... If jtv doesn't show by the top of the hour (start of quali) there will be two open spots.

Too many people trying to connect at once is the problem I think

Great race, loads of fun....congratulations to all drivers

Sorry Twissy, did not know that was you coming....thought 'aspecbob' was tryin to catch the 10th place.

I will be enjoying more off this :)

Back