GTP WRS-Online Event 3 : MCMLXXIII - MMII - February 12, 2014

Yah, I wonder if it's the added weight of the fuel (which seems to be ignored offline) or maybe the front tires grip a little less with tire wear on so when the backs slide the fronts slide with them a bit giving you more time to recover. OR online physics are just different.

Would be easy to test I guess just run online with tire wear off completely and see if it reverts exactly to the TT. Don't give away any lap times or final sector times if you do this though until the TT is over. :sly:

I'm about 1s slower online. I've heard somewhere around here that it's normal.
You guys can confirm?

I'm about 1s slower online. I've heard somewhere around here that it's normal.
You guys can confirm?
Yes, it's normal. In fact if it wasn't slower than the offline time trials, we wouldn't have practice leaderboards up in these threads, because then there would be no mystery for the T3.

Sprint Points System

Points will be awarded to a driver for each race and the overall event winner determined by points.

The points earned for each race will be a function of finishing position. The first place driver gets 16 base points and based points decrease by 1 for every position back. In addition the top 3 finishers in each spring get "podium" bonus points: 4 bonus points for first, 2 for 2nd and 1 for 3rd. For example if 11 drivers start a race:

P1 : 16 + 4 = 20
P2 : 15 + 2 = 17
P3 : 14 + 1 = 15
P4 : 13
P5 : 12
P6 : 11
P7 : 10
P8 : 9
P9 : 8
P10 : 7
P11 : 6

Drivers get points if they start the race even if they DC.
The first tie breaker is a driver's best finishing position across all three sprints.
The final tie breaker is finishing order in the first race.

Drivers that DC can return for the next sprint, but will start in the back because we are using fastest first based on previous results for sprints 2 and 3. Fastest first based on qualification is used for the first sprint race. Our normal procedure for qualification will be followed. Race alone with enough time to complete 3 laps.

Grid starts will be used for all races, however we will not start at "GO". This is to avoid any black screen issues and sort any grid order issues. Drivers should stay on the brakes/grid and all will go at 30 secs on the clock. If anyone raises an issue on the start (they have black screen or are in the wrong spot) we will hold the start until it can be corrected and the director will pick a new start time. Do not jump start... it's easy to catch with replay and you will get penalized points for that sprint.

There will be a 5 minute break between each sprint race to allow stewards to enter in results. You are welcome to practice between each race during this period. Please be ready to go after the break promptly so we can fit the entire event in the allocated time spot.

If spots are available in the lounges we'll allow "tardy" drivers to join after sprint 1. Drivers are also welcome to leave after 1 or 2 sprints, but please let us know if you plan to do this as it may impact our lounge splits.​

I know I'm going to be ready for this week race. Last weeks combo wasn't my thing but I always like driving a BMW and can handle this.

You weren't showing up in the registration table because you mispelled your name, you typed it with three L's. I fixed that for you, so now you are registered 👍

Funny, Don did the same exact thing last week and I fixed it... Don and kessil must have certain typing quirks in muscle memory. :lol:

Double post alert -- but this is a public service announcement and important.

Updates to the race details post:
  • Sprint 1 will be run using room mode PQR
  • Sprint 1 will be run using grid order "fastest first" (order based on qualification)
  • Sprints 2-3 will be run using racing mode PR (host must change after sprint 1)
  • Sprints 2-3 will be run using grid order "fastest first based on previous results" (host must change after sprint 1)
  • Qualification time reduced from 6 to 5 minutes. That's enough for 3 laps, maybe 2 if you spin out on one, so don't spin out. :sly:
  • Race Finish Delay reduced from 180 to 90 seconds. It's a short track and a short race.
  • Laps have been increased from 10 to 12 (grabbing the time we gave back with a shorter quali and race finish delay)
  • No formation lap so that section was replaced with a "delayed grid start" explanation (read it please)
  • Slipstream weak and tire wear normal have been finalized
  • Point system copied to details post

No race for me this week, away in Newcastle :-(

Pity was just getting used to the track and car...

Hi racers.Is it just a time trial event like seasonals or there is race too after this?

Yes, there is are online "live" races on Wednesday following the TT. See the first few posts in this thread for details. You are in the right place.

You're not listed in the registry yet though, so that qualifier is required before you can participate in the TT or the online race: GTP_Registry Qualifier - GT6

1472-6118-3787-3249-5376

Closed.

Last edited:
1472-6118-3787-3249-5376

Closed.

You are always opening rooms after my bedtime...you crazy Cali people. :sly:

...and I'm torn on your new avatar. Obviously, I love the Star Wars; but I'm not a big fan of the Pats (even though I'm from Michigan and The Golden Boy became famous here; sorry, I know he is from California, but being a Wolverine is what made him). :D

You are always opening rooms after my bedtime...you crazy Cali people. :sly:

...and I'm torn on your new avatar. Obviously, I love the Star Wars; but I'm not a big fan of the Pats (even though I'm from Michigan and The Golden Boy became famous here; sorry, I know he is from California, but being a Wolverine is what made him). :D

I'm from New England, love the Pats, love Star Wars so I'm not conflicted at all.

And... I usually open rooms after my kids' bedtime. One of them is a huge Pats fan too, the other has gone to the dark side. :lol:

Yes, there is are online "live" races on Wednesday following the TT. See the first few posts in this thread for details. You are in the right place.

You're not listed in the registry yet though, so that qualifier is required before you can participate in the TT or the online race: GTP_Registry Qualifier - GT6

You mean i must attach the files with the renault and the M3 replay laps or i could participate straight with the 2002 turbo?

Back