GTP WRS-Online Event 3 : MCMLXXIII - MMII - February 12, 2014

Registered for EU.
Had a good practice and got my times down to 26.6 :D

Don't forget to use the practice leaderboard... useful if we ever use this combo again to see the spectrum of times.

1472-6118-3701-4256-5331

Disconnected.... Going to see if room blew up.

Mohit saved the room.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I'm going to have to cancel my slot in tonights EU race, work commitments will have me still working way beyond the race time!! Damn Red Bull Racing urgently need another fuel cell and muggins here has the delight of having to build it :(

Have a great nights racing guys 👍

Cheers,

Chris

Yo guys,

Just a heads up I should be racing but my area has been issued a red weather warning for wind so not sure what I should put on the front registration. Essentially If I don't turn up it's because the power has gone or the house has blown away (Delete appropriately).

Nearly forgot about this, signed up for the EU race. Might consider signing up for the AU/NZ race too.

It's almost time to show those Romans who's boss. :mischievous:

Practice Room Title: GTP-WRS: BMW @ Rome Practice

Room ID: 1472-6118-3916-1739-2375

:cool: Open :( Closed due to the actual race start time being reached.

Last edited:
Looking forward to tonights races. I hope for good concistancy because my flying lap in the TT wasn't that fast. @all:tdown:

It looks like I am not going to be home in time to race EU today. I will stay on reserve for now.

Al

Yo guys,

Just a heads up I should be racing but my area has been issued a red weather warning for wind so not sure what I should put on the front registration. Essentially If I don't turn up it's because the power has gone or the house has blown away (Delete appropriately).

We are running three lounges for EU (unless things change significantly in the next 90 minutes). So Tidgney, you will have a spot in in room A.

All reserves should get a spot if they can arrive on time, but we'd appreciate it if all reserves update their status by 90 minutes before the race. Unless we drop to 24 confirmed we'll stick to 3 lounges. This event has a setup (small track / sprint races) where bigger lounges aren't necessarily better. 8-11 per lounge is probably an ideal number plus we can use mics. On bigger tracks / longer races we'd be more likely to go with 2 lounges in this registration scenario.

PS> Reminder that all races will start at 30 seconds, not at the green light. It'll be a pain if a few guys take off from the line and we have to reset.

I updated my registration status and will race in the EU race.

Does anyone have the answer to my previous question, is the use of handbrake also prohibited on the grid when waiting for the start time?

I updated my registration status and will race in the EU race.

Does anyone have the answer to my previous question, is the use of handbrake also prohibited on the grid when waiting for the start time?
If you want you can use the handbrake on the grid.
We just don't want to see anyone using the handbrake to get a dragracers' jumpstart.

NOTE: Be careful not to be paused/ghosted on track when any of the sprints are started. I made that mistake yesterday and it put me on the grid without any HUD. I had to stop, hit pause, turn off the HUD and then turn it back on for it to appear. Luckily it was a practice race. If this happens today and you notice it on the grid notify us immediately... since we are not starting until 0:30.000 on the clock you should have time to sort it out before we go and if necessary we'll push back the start time a few secs. Mics will be enabled today so the directors can give instructions more easily when on track.

If you want you can use the handbrake on the grid.
We just don't want to see anyone using the handbrake to get a dragracers' jumpstart.

OK well, it feels to me like that is kind of the point of using the handbrake, to get a faster release for a quicker start ;)

It shouldn't be that much of an advantage that it would let you gain positions into the first corner. But you don't wanna get a bad start so you get passed while taking off from the grid :sly:

Back