GTP WRS-Online : Event 35 : In the Mood for Some Italian - May 9

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 147 comments

Standard Garage vs Premium Garage w/Tuning Prohibited

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tim opened the main lounge already for pre-race practice/warm up.

I have to cancel my reserve status for this race.

Fun race guys 👍

Had to do a 2 stop, couldn't keep the tyres. Which ended up having a fun race with Pekka for most of it and a few others here and there.

Was debating whether or not to add fuel on the 2nd pit, decided not to which was a mistake. Ran out on lap 29 and got pushed round by Pekka :cheers:

Sorry for any bumps, don't think it caused any problems. The draft in the braking was hard to judge sometimes.

Awesome race again guys. 👍 Congratz to Twissy.

I tried to hang with Twissy as long as possible and managed to do so for 8 race laps, but the guy never makes a mistake and unfortunately I make plenty (and I kill tires), so he rocketed away after that and once I was out of his draft I had no shot of keeping up.

I fell into a good rhythm for a while and then the 2nd stint I decided just to manage tires as the gap to 3rd was at least 15 seconds which I stretched out to 20. Towards the end the brain was definitely wandering a bit too much. On the final lap I was watching the map more than the course and spun coming out of the first chicane and ended up behind the tire barriers. Luckily I had a 21 second gap to 3rd at the time because I was pushing the wrong button for reverse before I figured out what was going on and got back on track only about 8 seconds ahead of gooners, but he was far enough back that there was really no pressure on me.

Fun time, but if I want a chance at a win tonight I've got to hold it together for one more lap!

italianresultseu.png

Congrats James!

Tim and Mohit aswell for the Podium. 👍

Hey guys, sorry about this,but I have to cancel tonight. Thought I had work covered, but someone got sick and I have to stay.:grumpy: I try to not confirm unless I am sure,then life gets in the way of my racing. Have a great race tonight.

Hey guys, sorry about this,but I have to cancel tonight. Thought I had work covered, but someone got sick and I have to stay.:grumpy: I try to not confirm unless I am sure,then life gets in the way of my racing. Have a great race tonight.

Stuff happens Joe. 👍

Cancelling for one of the weekly events 3 hours before an event is not what I would consider a faux pas unlike just not showing up at all. Thanks for the heads up.

Loved this as a TT so you guys must be having a blast in the races. I remember I messed up Parabolica on my best lap, but even if I'd done my best T3 I wouldn't have beaten Ian for the D2 win.

Enjoy guys, and I'll be racing as soon as I can (currently scheduled to arrive in the US sometime on Memorial weekend)

:cheers:

Lounge is open for pre-race practice. I'll be away and probably on track about 30 minutes before the qualification period starts.

I'm looking forward to that Jon. :)

On another note I'll have to cancel for the NA race. :mad:
My daughter isn't feeling well and wants to sleep rest *be* in the livingroom. If I want her to be able to get some more sleep, I shouldn't be making noise racing in there.

I love this Combo and will try anything to get her upstairs in bed...

Had to retire. :guilty: Wheel was making to much noise while everyone is trying to sleep :ouch:

Congrats to Twissy for the win and Tim for running a great race for 2nd too.

Also a big 👍 to Paul (Hasslemoff). You ran a solid and consistent race, and it's a shame as soon as I pulled alongside you, you had to pit for fuel. Well there's always next week :lol:.

I had a great time today! I raced in both events! Had a great battle with Jammy in the E/U race and got to run with a rusty Mark for a few laps in the N/A race. Stuck a tire in the grass and I couldn't catch him again. :( Oh well. Here are a few pictures of the races. My favorite picture would be Lucas showing me the side of his car in the formation lap!

Enjoy!

Al

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_1.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_2.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_3.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_4.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_6.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_8.jpg

OH! Hello Lucas!
AutodromoNazionaleMonza_10.jpg

I don't think this is going to turn out well! Sorry Litchi, I had no idea you were up the inside! Oh and Mark... Your car needs a waxing!
AutodromoNazionaleMonza_13.jpg

I don't think this is going to turn out well! Sorry Litchi, I had no idea you were up the inside! Oh and Mark... Your car needs a waxing!

Not gonna happen!
I'll be painting my cars to celebrate the remaining NHL teams from here on.
Welcome to the Phoenix Coyotes SuperLambo :D
FYI, hockey sweaters aren't shiny.

Jets Fan
I had a great time today! I raced in both events! Had a great battle with Jammy in the E/U race and got to run with a rusty Mark for a few laps in the N/A race. Stuck a tire in the grass and I couldn't catch him again.
Although I hadn't thought of it until just now, my car is basically Rust coloured - very fitting :lol:

What a race! Great battle with Jon all the way. 👍

What a dumb move to start it out though. :ouch: Sorry again, Al, and everyone else, for the disruption near the end of the formation lap. :dunce:
Glad you got a pic of it, Al! :cheers:

Tim has had his revenge. :mischievous:

Unofficial Results:

Week35NAResults.png

RESULTS are unofficial for now, a couple incidents need review.

Last edited:
Gravitron
Tim has had his revenge.

Took almost a year for that revenge, but feels good. Would have been better to pass you on final lap final corner, but I'll take it. I love this track.

I'm up for a Saturday race this week... No baseball game. We could do attack format dual 15 lap sprints or no pits last man standing type race. Attack sounds more fun for this combo. Given speedy couldn't make NA race hopefully he will be up for it. If GATE is racing maybe we should run after they are done?

It's a shame how RL can ruin someone's pleasure. ;)

Saturday Attack it will be Tim. :mischievous:

Seeing those EU pics it's kind of funny actually.
The poll was 6/1 to use the Premium Lambo and restrict tuning. Allowing everybody to paint their car in *any* way.
Yet we did end up with 3 oranges and 3 blacks. That's basically 6/10 cars in the same colour. :lol:

My EU race started well enough qualifying 3rd behind Twissy and Tim, but coming up to the second chicane I missed my braking point, went around Tim
then smashed into the wall. On the next lap I did exactly the same thing and that really set the tone for my race. When I was able to stay on track I had some fun Battles with everyone but James, Tim and Paul(they were all too far away :)).
I short pitted due to excess tire wear had some more fun battles, then the mistakes came again until I had some track to myself in 6th. Due to my short stop I had 18 Laps to go on a set of tires. My last 3 laps were around 2'00 or more and I was comfortably passed by Jammy and Al.
Congrats on the win Twissy 👍

So onto the NA race for a big turn-around ;)
Once again qualifying went very well, slotting in behind Tim in 2nd. This time out no mistakes early and quickly got into a good rhythm with Lucas, occasionally changing places and keeping a good steady pace.
A7XMaverick had just caught up to us before we dived into the pits 15 laps in.
We stayed close for sometime afterwards, until I lost their draft and couldn't catch back up. Lucas kindly dropped back to keep me company until the start of Lap 27 ;).

For some reason my overtake attempt didn't stick :confused:

:dunce: I slightly missed my timing on the brakes and avoided what would have been a light tap on Lucas in spectacular style :sly:.
With a comfortable lead over Marc losing 4th wasn't an issue, so I finished the remaining 4 laps without the need to push.

Nice race Tim, very well controlled throughout 👍.
Awesome fun Lucas, the race seemed to fly by 👍:D

The poll was 6/1 to use the Premium Lambo and restrict tuning. Allowing everybody to paint their car in *any* way.
Yet we did end up with 3 oranges and 3 blacks. That's basically 6/10 cars in the same colour. :lol:

Mine's actually Matte Dark Grey (the first car in the 3rd picture). She's a beauty eh :sly:.

There on Saturday.

Nice win Tim!

I had a great time today! I raced in both events! Had a great battle with Jammy in the E/U race and got to run with a rusty Mark for a few laps in the N/A race. Stuck a tire in the grass and I couldn't catch him again. :( Oh well. Here are a few pictures of the races. My favorite picture would be Lucas showing me the side of his car in the formation lap!

Enjoy!

Al

Yes i really enjoy the race with you. First at start of the race trying to keep you behind. Just a lap before my pit stop i drove to the sand after second chicane and lost some second. After pit stop i was last driver and start chasing you and still try to save tires. Finally managed to past you on main straight. Last laps of the race i was trying to again keep you behind watching mirror and watching tires. Great race and lot of fun watching replay how's everyone did different mistakes.

Could you PM me the replay? I forgot to download it after the race.

Mike, I bet you want to relive that 1'51.994 lap. 👍 You were only 0.004 away from the best lap of the entire day! Nice.

I managed a 1'52.060 during the NA race and one 1'51.9 in practice, but couldn't match that in the race even with the draft from Twissy. If you throw out my last lap "gaff" in the EU race my finishing times were probably within a couple seconds so pretty consistent, but I think I improved in NA (per usual) as I didn't have a toe rope tied to Twissy for 8 laps helping me out.

Speedy I made a comment about the colors in NA which had a lot of green and red also. :lol:

On Saturday I think we can stick to the normal start time for our race this week as GATE doesn't start until May 19th. Let's set it for 20:00 GMT.

Congrats to Twissy for the win and Tim for running a great race for 2nd too.

Also a big 👍 to Paul (Hasslemoff). You ran a solid and consistent race, and it's a shame as soon as I pulled alongside you, you had to pit for fuel. Well there's always next week :lol:.

I need to learn to put fuel in cars it does seem to help a lot.

Would of been really close at the end, I was watching you catch me slowly every lap and new I would have to up my pace near the end was trying to save tyres a bit, but then I noticed the red on the fuel gauge and new I wouldnt make it till the end :grumpy:.

Had a good run on this no major mistakes (apart from fuel) and was surprised to run most of the race in third after seeing a few mistakes infront of me, I thought christophe was going to catch me in the first stint as he was in my mirror for most of the 14 laps, then I had Mohit chasing me down the second stint 👍.

Saturday "Attack" Sign up Sheet

Event: Italian and in the Mood :sly:
Type: Attack Format (basics here, we'll post specifics for this combo later)
Date: Saturday, May 12
Time: 20:00 GMT / 4:00 PM Eastern / 1:00 PM Pacific

Drivers:
  1. WRP001 | GTP_WRP001 | Div 2 Silver | US-Pacific | 90%

To express your interest please quote the latest version of this message, remove the quote tags and add your name to the list.

Use this format to add your information:
GTP username | PSN ID | Division | Time Zone | % Chance you can make the event.

Last edited:
I thought christophe was going to catch me in the first stint as he was in my mirror for most of the 14 laps.
I think I was but everytime I gained a little, I made a mistake wanting too much, losing it all again.

Drivers:
  2. Speedy6543 | GTP_Speedy6543 | D2S | CET (GMT +2) | 99%

To express your interest please quote the latest version of this message, remove the quote tags and add your name to the list.

Drivers:
  2. Speedy6543 | GTP_Speedy6543 | D2S | CET (GMT +2) | 99%
  3. STRUNZ1098 | GTP_STRUNZ1098 | Div 3 Gold | EST | 90%

Back