img.php

North American Time Slot

10:00 PM Eastern / 7:00 PM Pacific / 2:00 AM GMT

img.php

Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 '08 @ Autodromo Nationale Monza

car_lamborghini_gallardo_lp_560_4.jpg
track_autodrome_monza.jpg

Stewards Notes

We promise to use the Shelby Cobra in the future for an online race, but in deference to sheet metal protection acts across the world (and in particular in Spain) we're going to give the walls of Madrid a respite this week. This Italian treat has been on our list for some time as a replacement candidate and it's time has finally come. Gustare!

UPDATE: We are likely going to change to the premium garage version of the LP-560-4 which will allow custom paint jobs, but we'll set tuning prohibited and max power at 552 hp which equals the stock value. There is a poll attached to this thread to capture your vote. If we go with premium You will have to buy a car from the new car dealership, break it in, perform an oil change and then limit power with the limiter to 552 hp (PL=95.2%).

Last edited:
wrstitlesdriverregistra.png

In the event of a field of 13-16 drivers we will disable mics and race with one grid. With 17+ we will split the grid.

event35_reg.png

(table will auto update approximately every 30 minutes)

Eligibility

This WRS-Online event hosted by 3D3 Racing is open to GTP_Registered members only. If you are not currently on the registry run the GTP_Registry qualifier and join now!

Registration Instructions

The following must be performed by every driver for every event:
  • Click the registration button above, fill-in and submit the online registration form (use your GTP_ tag ID)
  • Leave a quick note in this thread to let us know you've registered and any other comments.
The following must be performed only one time per driver (not per event):
  • Send a PSN friend request to GTP_3D3Racing, GTP_3D3_A and GTP_3D3_B from your GTP_tag account.
  • Submit the 3D3 Racing Online Driver Database Entry Form. Your information will need to be verified before you are added to the db and before your ID will appear in the registered driver table above. You can view the official driver database here.

There is a 32 car/driver limit for this event (per region) and slots are awarded on the grid using a first come first serve basis. Reference the registered drivers table above for availability. This is a stand alone race and points are not tallied for a series. Future WRS-Online races hosted by 3D3 racing may have different driver limits and will require re-registration using the same first come first serve basis and participation in future events is optional.

Registration Changes

If you want to change your time slot, add a time slot or update your color choices just click on the registration link and fill out the form again and submit with new values. Your last entry will override any previous entries.

Cancellations

If for some reason, after you register for the event, you are unable to attend please click the registration button above and complete the form again selecting "cancel" as your status. Please also post a note in this thread as the table above can take some time to update.

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_8-800.jpg

Last edited:
wrstitleseventdetails.png

Lounge Settings (@ GTP_3D3Racing)

• Race Quality: Standard
  • Voice Chat Quality: Low (Disabled if grid is over 12 drivers)

Official Practice Times

• NA: Tuesdays @ 8:00 PM Eastern / 5:00 PM Pacific / 12:00 AM GMT
  • EU: Tuesdays @ 19:00 GMT / 3:00 PM Eastern / 12:00 PM Pacific
  • Pre-Race: The lounge is open for pre-race practice appx 1 hour prior to the official start of each event

Course & Car Settings

• Track: Autodromo Nationale Monza
  • Car: Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 '08 (Premium from New Car Dealership / Stock)
  • Tires: Sports Soft (S3's)
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Tuning Prohibited - R/A functions allowed
  • Example Tunes: N/A

Qualification Procedures

• Type: Live Online Single Stint - No pits
  • Length: Single out-lap and 2 timed hot-laps
  • Groups: Group qualifying will be used if the grid size is large enough to warrant in order to avoid traffic during qualification.
  • Notes: Drivers not in the lounge by the time the first driver has entered the track after reset will not be allowed to qualify. They are welcome to join the race, but will start at the back of the grid. If we are running multiple qualification groups and the driver enters before the last group has entered track an exception will be made.

Event Settings

• Game Mode: Normal Race
  • Laps: 30 (+1 formation lap)
  • Start Type: Staggered Formation Lap with Rolling Start (see below)
  • Grid Order: Fastest First
  • Boost: No
  • Slipstream strength: Weak
  • Penalty: Off
  • Automatic Race Start Cycle: Disabled
  • Race Finish Delay: Set to 110% Average lap (130 sec)
  • Grip Reduction: Real
  • Mechanical Damage: Light
  • Visible Damage: Off
  • Tire Wear / Fuel Consumption: On
  • Pits: Open & Optional

Regulation Settings

• Car Restriction: See above. Do not add any non-removable parts.
  • Performance Points: N/A
  • Power: 552 HP (Power Limiter must be set to 95.2% after the car is fully broken in)
  • Weight: 1410 kg (Stock)
  • Engine Tuning Modifications: N/A
  • Intake, Exhaust Modifcations: N/A
  • Turbo or Supercharger: N/A
  • Aero: N/A
  • Tire Restrictions: See above
  • Skid Recovery Force | Active Steering | ASM: Disabled
  • TCS | Driving Line | ABS: Optional

Formation Lap

• A steward will exit track, view the live timing monitor and announce the order after qualification while all drivers remain on track.
  • All drivers should exit track after the order is announced and enter the pits. When all drivers are in the pits a steward will start the race.
  • After the system places you on the grid drivers should proceed into stagger formation in order.
  • Pole sitter will take side of track (right or left) that is normally assigned to the pole position on the grid (Monza = TBD).
  • There should be no overlap between cars in the staggered formation.
  • Speed limit on formation lap is 63 mph / 100 kph and pole sitter should maintain this speed (or less) to keep pack together, in particular in the final sector.
  • Weaving or other tire warming procedures are NOT allowed during the formation lap.
  • Pole sitter will exit the last corner and take care to give enough time to allow all cars behind to safely exit the final corner.
  • Start marker for Monza is start/finish line.
  • The pole sitter should start the race by accelerating to race pace at the identified start marker (track specific and may or may not be the start/finish line).
  • All other drivers should accelerate after the driver in front of you does so.
  • No passing is allowed before the start marker.
  • Be cautious and courteous in the first turn. Dive bombing will be penalized and will not be tolerated.

Standard Clean OLR Rules Apply:

• Unless otherwise specified, all rules from the original WRS event apply.
  • You are expected to drive clean at all times as if you are racing in the WRS. All participants are required to follow the GTPlanet Online Racing Rules & Guidelines.
  • 3D3 Race Stewards (who are taking part in race, but will review the replay) reserve the right to kick out or invalidate the result of any driver from the Race Room for driving offensively. If you ignore any warnings from the stewards and are kicked out of the race room, you will not be allowed to participate in future 3D3 events.
  • 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • Runoff areas are not part of the track
  • Limit your contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Passing and Blocking: Aggressive blocking is not permitted, but the driver in front has the right to choose his/her line and braking point and drivers behind should respect that line. Be especially careful when you are on older tires than the competition as the speed difference may be significant. These events are "for fun" so just play nice and take a conservative rather than an aggressive approach when possible.

Good Luck, OLR Team:gtplanet:

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_6-800.jpg

Last edited:
wrstitlesraceresults.png

Official Feature Races

event35_res_eu.png

event35_res_na.png

Unofficial Saturday Attack-Format Sprint Races

event35_sat_overall.png

event35_sat_race1.png
event35_sat_race2.png

Last edited:
I was just looking at the Week 18 TT thread for this one, from 11 months ago, cruisin' down memory lane...

And found me saying this, 2 days before the deadline:

Gravitron
Looks like WRP001 has D3 gold wrapped, though.:drool:
:sly:

Above that, Chris was questioning if Tim perhaps sandbagged a little on the WRS qualifier. :lol: *slap on back* What a great (almost-a-)year it's been, guys. :cheers:

I guess I still owe you a slingshot draft-pass around Parabolica on the final lap, Tim. 💡

And holy hell, is it great to have Marc back! 👍

This was my first WRS ever. I was still using AT because I didn't know when to shift. I got the PM from Kevin asking if I was sandbagging too. I replied with about an eight paragraph explanation -- something like the enduro details post. :lol:

I ended up not hot lapping past Wednesday for fear of improving my time and getting lambasted on the thread. Plus I had D3-gold wrapped up right... not so fast, in the end Lucas beat me for the gold, overcoming a large gap in the final sector. It took me about 4 months to finally get a D3-gold.

Memory lane! Now I'm looking for revenge. Lucas... see you on Wednesday.

And I thought your background was French-Canadian (the good half anyway) :lol:

Oh it is... that's why I'm so funny. :P And it's not just half, I'm 100% Franco-American, so I guess that means both halves are good?

We had some good races with this combo, I think it was more than a year ago. Back then Pekka showed D1 pace already. This has to be a close, fun race.

This was my first WRS ever. I was still using AT because I didn't know when to shift. I got the PM from Kevin asking if I was sandbagging too. I replied with about an eight paragraph explanation -- something like the enduro details post. :lol:

I had forgotten about that until you mentioned it when in a lounge last week.

I looked back at it, and saw I was nice to you. I've sent nastier PM's than that. :mischievous:

There are ony 3 colors available for this car in the recommanded garage. So, is it possible to change for our own car with personal body / wheel colors? Just need to set "tuning prohibited" for the room and I think it's fine.

Just my thoughts.

There are ony 3 colors available for this car in the recommanded garage. So, is it possible to change for our own car with personal body / wheel colors? Just need to set "tuning prohibited" for the room and I think it's fine.

Just my thoughts.
The cars in the arcade list and the cars from the new car dealership aren't equal.

The cars in the arcade list and the cars from the new car dealership aren't equal.

Really, what's different about them (besides extra power from break in)?

I am OK either way to be honest as long as we use the prohibited tuning function and we all use the same car I really don't care that much. I do like the color variation.

I've created a poll attached to this thread. We'll go with the majority. Your vote will not count if you are not registered for the event. And the vote closes 48 hours from now which will give people a chance to acquire and purchase a new car if that's the direction we take.

If we go with the premium garage version we will prohibit tuning and set max HP equal to that of the arcade car. Meaning you should break in the car and then use the PL to get it down to 552 HP. Drivers will need to own a version of the car that has no "non removable" parts.

In the case of a tie we'll stick with the recommended garage. If the premium car is significantly different from the arcade version then I'll remove the poll and stick with the recommended garage -- we'll wait for people to weigh in.

Would like to hear from someone who has time to test both variants, before I vote. Not sure if I'll have time to test for myself. Would be curious if one variant supports F/R torque balance, while the other does not, for example.

EDIT: But am leaning toward the Premium one, for the color variations alone. :D

Yes, if Wes can use pink that's a big advantage. :lol:

If it's just minor differences and we all have the same car it's really not a major thing. But if handling or something fundamental is different I'd rather stick with recommended.

I'll test the premium stock... I already know what my lap time is from the testing I did last night on this. I didn't even check F/R torque and just messed with BB. :dunce:

Really, what's different about them (besides extra power from break in)?

I am OK either way to be honest as long as we use the prohibited tuning function and we all use the same car I really don't care that much. I do like the color variation.

I've created a poll attached to this thread. We'll go with the majority. Your vote will not count if you are not registered for the event. And the vote closes 48 hours from now which will give people a chance to acquire and purchase a new car if that's the direction we take.

If we go with the premium garage version we will prohibit tuning and set max HP equal to that of the arcade car. Meaning you should break in the car and then use the PL to get it down to 552 HP. Drivers will need to own a version of the car that has no "non removable" parts.

In the case of a tie we'll stick with the recommended garage. If the premium car is significantly different from the arcade version then I'll remove the poll and stick with the recommended garage -- we'll wait for people to weigh in.
Oh, nevermind.

I don't know where my mind is at but I thought that we would see races in which some people use the one from the new car dealership and some the one from the arcade list. I didn't realise we could all use the one from the new car dealership.:dopey:
But in that case I'm all for it.:D

Signed up for NA Reserve, won't know till Tuesday afternoon for sure.
Voting for Premium Garage w/Tuning Prohibited.👍

So after testing it looks like the Recommended Garage Model at 552 hp and the Premium Garage model fully broken in and limited to 552 hp are almost identical. I would say the premium is a bit faster accelerating in a straight line due to the changes in the power curve using the PL, but it only amounts to a few tenths over an entire lap and we'll all be using the same car anyway so it's a wash.

You'll want to fully break in the premium model after oil change which will put the car at 580 hp. Then limit the power to 95.2% to back it down to 552 hp.

We will set up the lounge to allow 552 hp max, 1410 kg min and vehicle tuning prohibited.

You are still allowed to set break balance and ABS, but can do so via the setup menu and you do not have to use the RA functions (thus you won't forget to make the adjustment every time we reset the track). On top of that you can fix the tire choice to sports soft so it reduces the risk of using the default tire by accident. Finally, you can't change the F/R torque in either model since that part is not stock.

The *only* downside to using the premium model is that anyone who signs up last minute will have to break in the car last minute, but we're not going to set up our events for people who decide last minute so tough cookies.

Remember, you must have clean/fresh oil (viewable on replay) when the race starts or you will be disqualified.

Given the vote numbers it's unlikely we are using the recommended garage so I suggest you guys start breaking in the premium model if you haven't already. Don't add any parts that can't be removed or you'll have to start over.

And now I can use green! I won't make the official change to the sign up form allowing color entry until the poll closes on Sunday afternoon. Register now using whatever colors are available and you can update your registration after Sunday assuming we make the switch.

I assume we can change wheels too? Worked for the Viper SRT and Alfa when Tuning Prohibited was in effect.

EDIT: Thanks a ton for testing, Tim (and anyone else, too). Makes the replays much more fun to watch.

I assume we can change wheels too? Worked for the Viper SRT and Alfa when Tuning Prohibited was in effect.

EDIT: Thanks a ton for testing, Tim (and anyone else, too). Makes the replays much more fun to watch.

Yes, but if you change the wheels you have to go back into setup and reset the transmission otherwise you won't be allowed on track with the Tuning Prohibited option.

I like the stock wheels much better on this car than any of the custom ones. Too bad they can't be painted.

PS> The only thing I'm going to miss is that the driver registration looks like a bumble bee and I kind of like it. :sly:

Yes, but if you change the wheels you have to go back into setup and reset the transmission otherwise you won't be allowed on track with the Tuning Prohibited option.

I'm pretty sure that with the stock transmission this is not an issue, but it's good to remember if anyone doesn't pass the track entry check.

I'm pretty sure that with the stock transmission this is not an issue, but it's good to remember if anyone doesn't pass the track entry check.

OK, I know it was an issue in the ORCA event as several people ran into that issue and fixed it by resetting the transmissions. Might have been just the Alfa Romeo.

Took the car for a few laps last night and it seems to handle quite nice. Bit of under-steer at times which I like.

I seem to remember it being a bit of a handful during the WRS week, I was pleasantly surprised though.

OK, I know it was an issue in the ORCA event as several people ran into that issue and fixed it by resetting the transmissions. Might have been just the Alfa Romeo.

Since we have 3 tuning sheets per car, i always keep 1 sheet with stock tune and i use it in rooms where tuning prohibited is ON. Imo, this is the best way for don't reset your previous tunes ;)

Above that, Chris was questioning if Tim perhaps sandbagged a little on the WRS qualifier. :lol:

I ended up not hot lapping past Wednesday for fear of improving my time and getting lambasted on the thread.
:lol: What a nerve! I was actually not in a great position to be questioning such things, seeing as I was D3 Bronze in Prologue, started GT5 in D2 Bronze and then.... Week 1.. :mischievous: So my apologies for halting your possible progress there Tim mate :sly:

What a great (almost-a-)year it's been, guys. :cheers:
Yeah, brilliant Lucas 👍 I haven't run anywhere near as many 3D3 races I should have but I've immensely enjoyed my time with you guys. :cheers:

I ended up not running this one... lost my patience with the car after 10 goes - 5 going off at the first chicane, 5 going off at the second chicane. :P Maybe I should bite the bullet and run this then...? I reckon I'll be easy pickings for anyone who enjoys beating D1 drivers. :scared:

Not sure if I enjoy beating D1 drivers...:odd: Never happened yet. :P

Thanks Chris, and yes, you should join in. 👍

Got my threads mixed up.

SO how far is 1'54.689 off the pace?

It's off a bit. Just to be clear I'm running a fully broken in premium garage car with tuning prohibited and power limited to 552 hp (95.2%) so it's a little faster than the recommended garage model at the same power (maybe 2-3 tenths).

My best is 1'52.267 (Splits=31.509, 38.184, 42.574) and I'm going quite deep into the stint before hitting 1'54s.

I'm sure we'll see the D1 guys running 1'51s for quali laps. I have my brakes set up for the race to save the front tires (BB=3/5, ABS=10).

This car, even without tuning, is just perfect for this track. Love it. It's not the most exciting place to hot lap by yourself, but in a race it's a really fun and strategic track where it's possible to hang with someone a bit faster if you control your pace and don't make any mistakes. One mistake and lose the draft and the faster guy is gone though.

The race will be on the longer end of our spectrum... close to 60 minutes. I was hoping to induce a split strategy of pits (1 or 2) with the 30 laps, but I'm guessing most everyone will stretch the stints to 15 laps and attempt just 1 pit. Push the fronts too hard however and those last 3-4 laps will be brutal so going easy on the tires will pay off.

PS> It looks like the vote is going for the premium car... I'll have one extra car ready on Wednesday for any last minute gifting -- fully broken in and set to spec. If a couple people (Lucas, Speedy) do the same thing we should be able to easily cover any last minute registrations who expected the recommended garage car and aren't prepared.

Last edited:
Back