GTP WRS-Online : Event 35 : In the Mood for Some Italian - May 9

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 147 comments

Standard Garage vs Premium Garage w/Tuning Prohibited

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Saturday "Attack" Sign up Sheet

Event: Italian and in the Mood
Type: Attack Format (basics here, we'll post specifics for this combo later)
Date: Saturday, May 12
Time: 20:00 GMT / 4:00 PM Eastern / 1:00 PM Pacific

Drivers:

1. WRP001 | GTP_WRP001 | Div 2 Silver | US-Pacific | 100%
  2. Speedy6543 | GTP_Speedy6543 | Div 2 Silver | CET (GMT +2) | 99%
  3. STRUNS1098 | GTP_STRUNS1098 | Div 3 Gold | EST | 90%
  4. jtv90069 | GTP_jtv90069 | Div 3 Gold | ACST (GMT +9.5) | 90%
  5. mohitraina91 | GTP_gooners_17 | Div 2 Silver | EST | 100%
  6. jammy21 | GTP_Jammy | Div 3 bronze | GMT +3 | 99,9%
  7. NINE_HUNDRED | GTP_NINE_HUNDRED | Div 4 Gold | GMT+1 (BST) | 70%
  8. Litchi | GTP_Litchi | Div 3 Silver | UTC+2 | 100% (i need a revenge)
  9. Zubski | GTP_Zubski | Div 2 Silver | EST | 100%
  10. DustDriver | GTP_DustDriver | Div 1 Silver | GMT +2 | 90%
  11. Hasslemoff | GTP_Hasslemoff | Div 3 Gold | GMT +1 | 70%
To express your interest please quote the latest version of this message, remove the quote tags and add your name to the list.

Use this format to add your information:
GTP username | PSN ID | Division | Time Zone | % Chance you can make the event.[/QUOTE]

I've updated my probability to 100% 👍. Also updated the PSN id for Strunz and removed Lucas from the list. I plan to open the lounge about 45 minutes prior to qualifying (~19:15 GMT) and will post here when I do so.

Remember to change your oil before joining the lounge. We're running two "sprint" races so if your oil gets dirty in the first race you'll be running then 2nd race short of power. We're running reverse grid so nobody will be allowed to leave the lounge to change oil. If you join with clean oil in the first place there won't be an issue.

Last minute additions are welcome even if they haven't signed up ahead of time. Just try to be in the lounge by 20:00 GMT. If you are very late and want to run just the 2nd sprint race, you are also welcome, but you'll be starting in the back (2 second delayed release *after* the winner from round 1 who would otherwise start last). In this case, you'll have to ghost on the starting grid since the reverse grid setup will put those that didn't compete in race one in the front.

If everythign goes according to plan...

• Qualifying will start at 20:00 GMT sharp with track reset a few minutes before to clear practice times.
  • A 15 minute qualification session with no pits allowed (single stint). You can lap as many times as you can in 15 mins on a set of tires and all drivers qualify together. The race countdown timer will be started at exactly 15:00 on the lounge clock no matter where anyone is on the track. If you can finish the lap by the end of the timer then it counts (if the system counts it), but no waiting for anyone to finish a hot lap include late arrivals.
  • All drivers *must* remain on track during the entire quali session and must not pit during quali or the grid order will be messed up. If the grid order is messed up anyway (which sometimes happens) we'll just go with it. There is reverse grid with gaps in race 2 so ultimately it will even out somewhat anyway. Make the best of whatever the system throws at you.
  • Race 1 will start at ~20:15 GMT and go 12 laps and end somewhere around 20:40 GMT.
  • Grid start and no rolling start or formation lap so be courteous entering turn 1.
  • We'll break for 5 minutes after race 1 while admins enter results into Google Docs and calculate gaps for 2nd race. Track is open for free run during this time. Drivers... your job is to remind the admins to change the settings to reverse grid!
  • Race 2 will start at ~20:45 GMT and end somewhere around 21:10 GMT.
  • After race 2 admins will enter results into the docs and announce the final results for the overall event.

Hmm, don't see any 3D3 account online. Did you open a lounge with your GTP_WRP001 account or is it a problem on my end?

GTP_3D3Racing is never online when we are about to race.
It just come online for brief moments to accept FR's and stuff.
Just search for the account all the way at the bottom of your community tab and join that lounge.
You will see there will be people in there. :)

Im froze on the chat.

Please add a few seconds to my overall time iam sure I cut a couple off times but I need to check replay:grumpy:.

Here are the results from the Saturday attack races.

event35_sat_overall.png

event35_sat_race1.png
event35_sat_race2.png

I voided and removed the results fro myself and Wes due to the fact we didn't finish the races we started.

Some fun races.
Lol, thought I would have finished higher with my 4th and 5th position finishes, but should have kept the gap to the guy in front smaller. At least the gap to the leader is consistent :P

Had the most fun in the after party race though with PASM and Hasslemoff. Close racing for sure.

Congrats to Jon for the win and Paul for 2nd place. Two Div 3 guys showing everyone how its done 👍.

That was close Zubski, but I just knocked you off the bottom step :sly:

+1000 to the attack format. 4 people within 3 seconds.

Was a good few races 👍

Messed up early on in the first race, hit one of those numbered blocks that I thought was moveable - it wasn't :guilty: Managed to climb back from last (on my screen anyway) to 7th.

Second race I was pretty consistent throughout, went wide a couple times, but nothing major.

A good choice of combo this week 👍

- Sorry if I caused any incidents, there was a few people who didn't show up on track, though they were loaded up in the lobby fine, except Speedy. Strange.

Cool shots. 👍

That Lamborghini was a beast in tight spaces under braking and draft. Made for an interesting first couple laps for sure. I tapped hasslemoff a few time and got tapped a few times behind but nothing major.

Did notice speedy ditch it once coming into ascari after missing brake point. That was a sight to behold. :lol: I think chuk did that exact same thing at the same spot last time we were here in the "O".

I was following Pekka's draft halfway on the grass - which is about his trademark :lol: - and got to late on track again for the brakezone, so started to go sideways as soon as I hit the brakes. :D
I did manage it pretty well IMO. :sly:

I was watching the first race replay and manage to see Zubski smack the wall at turn one 5th lap. LOL

I've merged all the pictures from Al, Dust Devil Driver and a few others in the magically inserted highlights post on page 1 of this thread.

Very Cool! If you like, I can continue to add photos of every week I participate.

Al

I wasn't going to ask, but that's just what I was thinking. You are our official photographer... at least for the events you run. 👍

Others are also welcome to pitch in and at the end of the week I'll aggregate it all to the front page!

PS> GTP WRS-Online : Special Event V - World Tour

Last edited by a moderator:
Very Cool! If you like, I can continue to add photos of every week I participate.

Al

I wasn't going to ask, but that's just what I was thinking. You are our official photographer... at least for the events you run. 👍

Others are also welcome to pitch in and at the end of the week I'll aggregate it all to the front page!

If anyone that does pics uses photoshop (or any photo edit software) let me know if you want me to make you a personal watermark - like the 3D3 one we use, but it will be driver specific so we know who the pics came from. 👍

PS> GTP WRS-Online : Special Event V - World Tour

Most excellent! Send me a watermark Mark! Feel free to add the Jets logo in there somewhere! :sly:

Al

Last edited:
I was thinking something like this:
AutodromoNazionaleMonza_4wmkd.jpg

I'll go for a template design, and have it ready before wed's races 👍
Suggestions are of course very welcome - feel free to think of a design if you like, but I'd like to include the GTP name, division, nationality, and a personal logo (if the driver wants one).
3D3 will find it's way in there too, but I'll figure that out ;)

Back