GTP WRS-Online Event 5 : 1(11) Yea(R)s - February 26, 2014

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 196 comments
Most lobby specs have been finalized in the OP.

Laps = 39
Tire/Fuel rate = Normal
Draft = Real

Tested it last night and if you get a similar run as the guy in front of you out of the 2nd tunnel, the draft can allow you to at least get alongside by the braking zone.

First-stint tires lasted great until lap 20, then they fell off the wagon. 2nd-stint tires are quite a bit slower but easier to drive than 20+ laps 1st-stint tires.
No need for fuel, so this will be a zero-stopper vs a 1 stopper. 👍

Signed up for the Pacific, never done one of these races before so might be a little confused haha and will probably get my ass handed to me, but it looks like a good learning experience!

When you talk about first stint tires and 2nd stint tires what do you mean? Do you need to pit and change to different tires? I didn't notice that in the room settings?

Signed up for the Pacific, never done one of these races before so might be a little confused haha and will probably get my ass handed to me, but it looks like a good learning experience!

When you talk about first stint tires and 2nd stint tires what do you mean? Do you need to pit and change to different tires? I didn't notice that in the room settings?

It's a bug in GT6. The tires you get to start the race are normal in terms of grip level, degradation rate, lap times. But the tires they give you in the pits when you stop are lower grip, slower and faster to wear even though they are the same compound.

I call them scuffs, but they are really glitched.

The resulting strategy is different then if you got identical tires. You try and not pit at all or minimize the 2nd stint.

As long as you know this and plan ahead it's the same for all drivers so it works out. If you can save tires it can benefit you.

Last edited:
I know this question was probably answered before but: Why in-race penalties are not used?

Very inconsistent penalty boundaries on some tracks. If you get pushed out there you get penalized for no fault. Sometimes when there is contact you get penalized when it's not your fault too. Also can destroy wheel to wheel action pretty easily.

We used to have them on over two years ago but they did no good during the race. If you take someone out and don't give position back you get penalized after race by the stewards. Same thing with corner cutting. People have been penalized post race for both.

My lap time for the Time Trial has been submitted and everyone else's is due later on today. Seems like the perfect time to set up a Practice Room.

GTP-WRS: Lotus @ Trial Mountain
Room ID 1472-6118-3701-4257-2831 :cool: Open :( Closed

Last edited:

New guy here too. Its really simple when you don't know what to do. I take it that i have to submit a lap today to qualify ? Also if you pit I assume that it is automatic except for turn in and blend out ?
Ned

New guy here too. Its really simple when you don't know what to do. I take it that i have to submit a lap today to qualify ? Also if you pit I assume that it is automatic except for turn in and blend out ?
Ned
You don't _need_ to submit a lap, but if you do then your performance in the Time Trial results would determine which room you race in (if there are more than 16 signed up). New guys need to fill out the driver infomation form, which I see you did, and you also signed up for this event. 👍

To answer your questions that you put in the driver form submission - you can use any kind of controller and auto-transmission, no problem.

When you enter the pits it pops up a menu for selecting tires and how much fuel, and when you hit OK the rest is automatic.

The pit exit on Trial Mountain is always a problem, you pop out right on the racing line for turn 1. :ouch:

Where are the driver names being pulled from, I noticed I'm the only one the board who is named ??. I'd prefer Strop if possible though real name is Craig (The real Strop aka John Cornell was a favourite character from The Paul Hogan show back in the 70's).

Where are the driver names being pulled from, I noticed I'm the only one the board who is named ??. I'd prefer Strop if possible though real name is Craig (The real Strop aka John Cornell was a favourite character from The Paul Hogan show back in the 70's).
I changed it to Strop just now. That name would have come from when you filled out the driver info form a few weeks ago.

I did not put in my usual time this week for the TT, but looking at the submitted D2 times I feel lost. The lap I submitted felt like I got all I could, but it is over a second slower than some other D2 silvers. I am going to have to watch some replays to see what I am missing.

Last edited:
I changed it to Strop just now. That name would have come from when you filled out the driver info form a few weeks ago.

It's actually because he never bothered to fill out the form so I did it for him. Anyone with a ?? for name skipped that step and I had to do it for them. To fix it, just submit the driver registration form again with your first name/nick name and we'll update the ??.

Room open

1472-6118-3701-4257-3220

Servers down for maintenance. Pitt tire glitch fix maybe?

Last edited:
Back