GTP WRS-Online Event 5 : 1(11) Yea(R)s - February 26, 2014

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 196 comments
Who needs practice? I need practice. You need practice. We all need practice.

Practice Room ID 1472-6118-3658-4760-7522 :cool: Open :( Closed

Last edited:
It's actually because he never bothered to fill out the form so I did it for him. Anyone with a ?? for name skipped that step and I had to do it for them. To fix it, just submit the driver registration form again with your first name/nick name and we'll update the ??.

I was sure I had filled out that one before the first race but I guess not. I've resubmitted another form with the correct nick-name (Strop) and country (AUS).

I was sure I had filled out that one before the first race but I guess not. I've resubmitted another form with the correct nick-name (Strop) and country (AUS).

Updated. I saw your profile listed (in fact it still lists) you in San Jose, CA so I originally added you in US.

You probably filled out the form in GT5, but that database was linked to the old registry so all drivers had to resubmit once we switched over.

Updated. I saw your profile listed (in fact it still lists) you in San Jose, CA so I originally added you in US.

You probably filled out the form in GT5, but that database was linked to the old registry so all drivers had to resubmit once we switched over.

Thanks for that. Yes, I think I'm just up the road from you, but even after nearly twenty years here I still consider myself more an Australian than an American. At least it doesn't confuse the replay issues anymore now that GT6 is region agnostic.

I've opened a room for practice: 1472-6399-8537-0919-6921

Closed.

Last edited:
Just because my name is "Death Star" does not mean that everyone should try to be Luke Skywalker and take me out. :lol: Every room today is a "take out DeathStar" room.

Just because my name is "Death Star" does not mean that everyone should try to be Luke Skywalker and take me out. :lol: Every room today is a "take out DeathStar" room.
I might have a go :sly::lol:

Ill join the practice in a bit and :cheers: @Speedy6543 for posting the tune's.

Seriously...I think half of the entire field took me out. The only safe place to go was in the pits...so that is where I am now until people stop ramming me off the road.

I'm also noticing people trying to pass in those few esses that make it VERY DANGEROUS to pass. Sometimes it's best to just wait and pick your battles for farther down the track.

Last edited:
yes finally im registered in the event. NA time slot and maybe the AU zone later the same night

Here's my current setup:

Lotus Elise 111R Race Car '04

Suspension
70/120
10.00/16.70
4/3
2/1
5/1
0.0/0.0

-0.30/-0.75

Brakes 3/5 (ABS1)

Transmission (using +1 inch rims)
(move final gear to 6.000 and then max speed slider all the way to left and then set the gears as follows)

F4.100 (shift up before 9000 rpm)

LSD 8/25/20

Downforce 200/500

Racing Hard tyres

EDIT: changed a few settings

Last edited:
Seriously...I think half of the entire field took me out. The only safe place to go was in the pits...so that is where I am now until people stop ramming me off the road.

I'm also noticing people trying to pass in those few esses that make it VERY DANGEROUS to pass. Sometimes it's best to just wait and pick your battles for farther down the track.

Yes, it will not be an easy race tomorrow and starting from behind (for me) will be not such a handicap as I had to slalom around some wrecks during the races today.
I've hit some cars and was also hit or taken out several times, but after watching the replays i could see that in fact there is not much margin for reaction and thereby no intention at all as those tiny cars are jumping al over the place on this bumpy track.

We have to reign in the aggro driving. It is going to stop or we are going to continue sending messages. Just because it's practice doesn't mean you shouldn't follow the OLR.

I wasn't at practice, but I'm seeing reports and I'm not real happy about it. People need to show respect for other drivers.

I'm not racing tomorrow, but I'm going to try and observe the races [closely]. We are going to come down hard until either these things stop or offenders get the boot.

I'm pretty sure in the races tomorrow it will be way more clean. this practice had a ton of people going at very different speeds so sometimes you didn't know what the person ahead of you was going to do.

Here's my current setup:

Lotus Elise 111R Race Car '04

Suspension
70/120
10.00/16.70
4/3
2/1
5/3
2.0/1.5
-0.30/-0.75

Brakes 4/5 (ABS1)

Transmission (using +1 inch rims)
(move final gear to 6.000 and then max speed slider all the way to left and then set the gears as follows)

F4.100 (shift up before 9000 rpm)

LSD 8/25/16

Downforce 200/500

Racing Hard tyres
Thanks I have been really surprised that the basically undriveable (at Speed) Lotus can be as solid as it becomes on most of the setups I have been trying over the last couple of days. The one I'm playing with now is hard as a rock until.....well until the rear end vanishes...and will not recover short of the next hard object. Is practice still set for & central??
R15

Thanks I have been really surprised that the basically undriveable (at Speed) Lotus can be as solid as it becomes on most of the setups I have been trying over the last couple of days. The one I'm playing with now is hard as a rock until.....well until the rear end vanishes...and will not recover short of the next hard object. Is practice still set for & central??
R15
would you believe 7 central.
R15

this practice had a ton of people going at very different speeds so sometimes you didn't know what the person ahead of you was going to do.
As much as I agree with you on that, it shouldn't be the case.
If you really misjudge, make contact and he goes off or you make a dirty pass, you should wait and let the guy pass you again. Even in practice. If that would've been applied in that first practice race with all those incidents going on, a lot less people would've been ticked off after the race. Mistakes will happen, we're no robots. We can however acknowledge we've been at fault and be a gentlemen about it.

I will not be on for practice till about 10 Central. See you then!

Al

Darn, not going to make it tonight, see you on track tomorrow

Last edited:
Holy 🤬 !!! I came in 2nd place. :gtpflag: Must be Karma from the last few races that took place this afternoon. :cool:

Time for bed.

Room blew up when K1utch became host with just me and Pekka left.

New room up: 1472-4711-0081-4389-2096

EDIT: Accidentally only made room for 4 total, but I doubt that's a problem. If I'm away and don't respond, I'll check back in 5min.

Talk about jumping in at the deepend. I went to practice to pound around getting used to things and Holy 🤬 ended up racing. Thanks for the lessons guys. Question...when sitting in pit after pitting from practice lap... How do you get back to the bottom menu to alter settings. I was stabbing keys at random with various ungood results.

Last edited by a moderator:
Talk about jumping in at the deepend. I went to practice to pound around getting used to things and Holy 🤬 ended up racing. Thanks for the lessons guys. Question...when sitting in pit after pitting from practice lap... How do you get back to the bottom menu to alter settings. I was stabbing keys at random with various ungood results.
You have to exit out of pits, then hit the red x button which puts you into the lobby mode. You can then edit your car's settings.

Back