GTP WRS-Online : Event 54 : Getting a Grip in Tokyo - September 19

• Thread starter Speedy6543
  • 101 comments
I was running 3/1 but switched to 2/1.

Edit: We have 6 confirmed, so as long as all 6 show up, it's an official race. 👍

Congrats Mohit, Shawn and Jon!

20_09_12_zps740cb0cf.png

Glad we were with 7! 👍

Good race everyone, congrats to Mohit on the win and to Jon on taking the other podium position.

My strategy of pitting on lap 10. 20 and 30 (29) almost worked out for me. If I had just ran a couple laps a bit quicker the race would have probably been mine. Based on the EU race, I figured if I could run 1'37-1'38s I could make the tires last 10 laps and still keep enough pace to where my final pitstop would allow me to push the car and make up any time I could, which worked out for the most part. Pekka held me up on one of the laps mid-race, but I still was on my target pace even though I was held up a bit by him.

When the final stops happened, I thought I would be able to get out of the pits right behind Mohit as he had pit from just behind me the lap before, but I guess with him being on fresh tires, he did what he needed to do to be in front of me when I exited the pits and that was what got him the win tonight.

I may have had the pace to be in the top 3 but certainly not the tyre management skills. :ouch:

These were some good races though! 👍

My second NA race - early morning 5:00am :crazy:
I don't know why i spin three times on the last corner and also drove to the pitstop wall :ouch:
Maybe wasn't quite wakeup yet. It was fun race - little pinpong here and there as Pekka said.

Last edited:
Sorry I had to go before the race even started.

Spent my night going to the hardware store to get new copper pipe to repair a broken pipe. Good times.

Highlights from EU Race!

Take a good look at the staggered formation before the start. Just perfect! 👍

It's viewable but Youtube is still processing to get to 720p. Edit: 720p available. :D

Last edited:
Nice video Speedy, very entertaining 👍 Even without the names I could pick out multiple battles that I was involved with :D

I won't be there tonight but you guys can deffinitely meet in one of the lounges and do some racing.

In case there's a steward or admin present you guys could make it a Sat Attack event.

I won't be there tonight but you guys can deffinitely meet in one of the lounges and do some racing.

In case there's a steward or admin present you guys could make it a Sat Attack event.
I may be able to do that depending on how much interest there is.

Yes that would be great indeed! 👍

Edit: Wes and I are now in the main lobby doing some practice :)

Last edited:
Oh sorry Christophe, at that time only me and Bart were in the room.

Jammy and Mamba just joined us.👍

Results:

Attackrace1-_zps27b97937.png

Race1-1_zps256a5c2f.png

Overall_zps81c88824.png

Last edited:
Iron man race:

Jammy_zps04a2f38f.png

Joel was the only one to finish this cruel 20 lap-race. Congratulations.:cheers:

Getting the hang of this.:dopey:

Iron man race:

Jammy_zps04a2f38f.png

Joel was the only one to finish this cruel 20 lap-race. Congratulations.:cheers:

Getting the hang of this.:dopey:

What was the race? no pits allowed / tire saver race?

What was the race? no pits allowed / tire saver race?

I think that's it, Marc. Plus you get eliminated if you get lapped. But let's wait for confirmation.

Back