GTP WRS-Online : Event 54 : Getting a Grip in Tokyo - September 19

• Thread starter Speedy6543
  • 101 comments
That was it - TCS disallowed, no pits, can't get lapped. Pekka's idea.

I'd be down for a race like that, although I think it would come down to the the winner being the guy who isn't fastest or slowest, but is best on tires.

Yeah, I went out too hard - I'd misjudged the rear wear. Fronts would have made it, but the sweepers kept eating the back tires,especially right; I didn't start really short shifting/higher gears until too late. I was barely touching the brakes. Joel was staying cautious in the back.

Joel was staying cautious in the back.

Very smart move as it's a pretty long track. Less chance of getting lapped.
I'm horrible at these Ironman/Last-Man-Standing Races, although I should do more of them to improve my tyre-eating disorder. :ill:

What was the race? no pits allowed / tire saver race?
I called it iron-man race because Pekka called it that at first. No pits allowed / tire saver race.

I could have included myself and others in the results but thought it looked funny with only Joel in it.

Very smart move as it's a pretty long track. Less chance of getting lapped.
I'm horrible at these Ironman/Last-Man-Standing Races, although I should do more of them to improve my tyre-eating disorder. :ill:
I'm not sure if that helps.. Just look at the race time, 37 minutes for 20 laps.:dopey:

I'm not sure if that helps.. Just look at the race time, 37 minutes for 20 laps.:dopey:

Yeah I know, but it would give me a better sight on how to save tyres and still race for position like you do on less stops than everyone else.

I was using all big gears. Very little break - slowing down with gearing down. Very carefull on corner not to get tires heating - only little - most of time they were cold (blue). Break balance so that tires wearing was even with front and back tires - always watching how they were wearing. Almost whole race my break balance was 5/0 so that when i was breaking only front tires was used. ABS was 5.
My lap times were round 1:45-1.49. In middle of the race i was starting to fear that i could be lapped and start little pushing lap times. Then finally difference between me and leader started to decreases then i was sure my lap times were good and can win this race :)
Then everyone started drop behind me and finally i pass also Wes in 20th lap. This was fun but also scary and cruel race.

Although I was to ill to participate Shawn (GTP_orsche) sent me the replays and I captured a few moments of your races. Hope you enjoy.

Al

TokyoR246_3copy_zpsa28a39eb.jpg

TokyoR246_26copy_zpsdfae283a.jpg

TokyoR246_25copy_zps7269a2c8.jpg

TokyoR246_24copy_zpsfa062bab.jpg

TokyoR246_23copy_zpsb45994ae.jpg

TokyoR246_21copy_zps2864682c.jpg

TokyoR246_19copy_zps1ba9bd29.jpg

TokyoR246_17copy_zps5c608876.jpg

TokyoR246_14copy_zps7a18348b.jpg

TokyoR246_13copy_zpse7969138.jpg

TokyoR246_11copy_zps2347b9f4.jpg