GTP WRS-Online (*GT6*): Event 120 : Mountaineering V2.0 - January 8, 2014

• Thread starter Speedy6543
  • 362 comments
I'd join but don't really feel like riding around in the back by myself all race.:lol: You aliens have fun though. 👍
You're D2 right? Well, so am I. ;)

If everyone would think the way you do, nobody would come out to race because they 'think' they are slow.

I'm not winning races either, heck I only won maybe 2 races over the past 2 years.
I know my place on the grid and know there will always be someone around me of the same level to race with. Wether it's bumper-to-bumper, trying to catch up after a mistake or trying to maintain a certain gap.

I'd join but don't really feel like riding around in the back by myself all race.:lol: You aliens have fun though. 👍

You should join, it is fun, and I am not an alien, now am I ????? By the way, I ve been waiting for a very longtime now to race you online.... come on Mitch....

Just signed up, hope we'll see us on track :)

Cheers

Edit: ...just to add my 207 beauty :D And tried lap or two, did ~1.47 on first hand, has room for improvement!

h8if.jpg

m5k2.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: EDK
Registered :D. Really looking foward to this race now all i need to do is practice, ain't raced on that track in reverse in a very long time, so it's going to be tough, but still looking foward to it see you guys on track in our french little hot hatches! :D

Signed up for my first WRS experience. Still have no time for Brands Hatch qualifier and this one will need a lot of practice too I guess...
Looking forward to next week!

Welcome guys!
Good to see some new blood join. 👍
For whoever is not in the registry of GT5, and thus doesn't have a Division placement, feel free to share your best laps so we can split the lounges somewhat accordingly. Making sure everyone is in a similar pace group.

@greatone1992
I know this is not your GTP ID so I hope you read this because I'm not able to @ you.
You registered but didn't tick any of the boxes of which race you'd like to register for.

Last edited:
EDK
Just abuse the crap out of the curbs in the first corner, and then make sure you carry loads of speed up the hill. Those are the main points of the lap here. 👍
There is a kerb on the inside of a sharp 90 degree left near the end of the lap, don't abuse that one, I went over it once and it resulted in a spectacular flip! :crazy:

@Speedy6543 May be we'll run first some kind of room split quali as we have done in some of the events and then do drivers room shifts according to qualitimes (that is if we need more rooms than one) 💡

@Speedy6543 May be we'll run first some kind of room split quali as we have done in some of the events and then do drivers room shifts according to qualitimes (that is if we need more rooms than one) 💡
Yes, Joel. Something like that but it would be usefull to know some laptimes ahead of time so we can minimize the lobby switches.
I'm hoping on multiple rooms. :)

EDK
Just abuse the crap out of the curbs in the first corner, and then make sure you carry loads of speed up the hill. Those are the main points of the lap here. 👍
The problem with that is, when I treat the curbs like rental cars, the wall tends to fight back.
There is a kerb on the inside of a sharp 90 degree left near the end of the lap, don't abuse that one, I went over it once and it resulted in a spectacular flip! :crazy:
The one just before the last tunnel? I've done wheelies off of that.

The problem with that is, when I treat the curbs like rental cars, the wall tends to fight back.

The one just before the last tunnel? I've done wheelies off of that.
Yep, that's the one! And for the first corner, it's best not to take too much of the first kerb, otherwise the car bounces too much and you lose grip and go straight into the outside wall on the exit haha!

Yes, Joel. Something like that but it would be usefull to know some laptimes ahead of time so we can minimize the lobby switches.
I'm hoping on multiple rooms. :)

I'll put a practice leaderboard online later in the week. Drivers can submit their best practice laps and we can use it as a guide to assign drivers to lounges for the initial race. The practice time submission is optional, but will certainly help.

At this point we plan to run at least four 15 minute races (and more if there is interest). The stewards will synchronize each race start between lounges and we will allow for some limited switching between races too during the intermissions. A sort of promotion / relegation to fine tune the split and increase the chance everyone gets to enjoy some close racing.

Any driver who can't make the first race is welcome to join later and drivers are allowed to leave early if they can only make the first few. If you are in that category please notify us via the thread AND registration comments so we can plan accordingly.

It's great to see new drivers to the WRS. 👍 If any of you aren't online regulars (with other series or just public rooms) you are likely to see a few network issues before your sort out your connections. If possible, try to attend a practice session on Tuesday to make sure you can connect to the room and don't experience any incompatibility problems with the host, etc. We can spend a lot more time working out issues on Tuesday whereas on Wednesday everyone would rather be racing than waiting. The GT6 manual has some pretty good information on connections. You'll want to have UPnP, DMZ or port forwarding enabled and make sure you have a NAT 2 (or NAT 1) connection. You can try to create your own test room to see what the system says about your connection. If you are shown as NAT 3 you are likely going to have serious issues. Feel free to post any questions here about your connection.

Also, anyone is free to create a lobby and set up an ad hoc practice at any time between now and next Tuesday. Follow the details post in setting up the room, then just post the room number here to invite other drivers. Or better yet, post a little ahead of time that you'll be opening a room "in an hour" for example.

Finally, remember these unofficial races are going to focus on fun and clean racing and we're not tracking any results associated with these races. Once we complete the qualifier and assign handicaps/division we'll start our full length official races with results tracking, formation laps and official qualifying. These unofficial races are the perfect opportunity for new drivers to get their feet wet or past regulars to kick off some rust. As we get closer to official races we may implement a few more of our normal procedures (formation laps, rolling starts, etc) but the first event will keep things as simple as possible.

Yep, that's the one! And for the first corner, it's best not to take too much of the first kerb, otherwise the car bounces too much and you lose grip and go straight into the outside wall on the exit haha!
Yeah, my "Abuse the crap out of" terminology was not entirely accurate. :sly:

There is a very specific line, but that corner is really make or break to the lap time, along with the right hander over the yellow paint that leads to the back straight.

Coming down the hill, I imagine it's possible to just take it flat. I have not run the combo on GT6, but it was possible on GT5, particularly when on fresh tires.

Here is a video of what appears to be a pretty fast lap on Trial Mountain Reverse It should serve to give you an idea of the best lines to take. I searched for a WRS TT, but could not find one. It is a different car, so ignore the shift points.

1:43.6 with two tenths lost in the last sector. This will be a fun race for sure!

Right, my times are all converging at about 1'49 dead, best being a .037. Really thinking that's my limit for now.

Signed up as a reserve. Should be able to make the first three races.

Just registered did 20 odd laps averaging 1:46's the best being 1:46:865 and there's deffo room for improvement
See you guys on track

Just created a lounge for a bit of practice, join if you like! It's titled 'Peugeot 207 GTI' :)

I did first 10 laps to try out the car and track. Managed to get lap time 1:46.4 with 172 hp.
Question: What is the right BHP? 172, 179, 188?

Latest Posts

Back