GTP WRS-Online (*GT6*): Event 120 : Mountaineering V2.0 - January 8, 2014

• Thread starter Speedy6543
  • 362 comments
I did first 10 laps to try out the car and track. Managed to get lap time 1:46.4 with 172 hp.
Question: What is the right BHP? 172, 179, 188?
I've got 188 after I changed the oil, so I presume that's the correct figure đź‘Ť

I did first 10 laps to try out the car and track. Managed to get lap time 1:46.4 with 172 hp.
Question: What is the right BHP? 172, 179, 188?
I've got 188 after I changed the oil, so I presume that's the correct figure đź‘Ť
Straight from the dealership + oilchange and you're at max HP.
Break-in is something from the past.

@Speedy6543 Yes, no more break-in, but are we using max BHP (=188)?
Yes, max HP but I think I know why you're unsure if you have the correct value.
Technically that's 188 SAE HP in the OP.
I bet you're getting 191hp as max power, right?
My game also says 191 hp on the car but that's because I'm falling under the German regulations in DIN.
Multiply 188 by 1.0139 and you will get from SAE to DIN.
Source: http://www.ehow.com/how_5845776_convert-din-hp-sae.html

After about 20 laps my average is in the upper 1:47s with a best lap of 1:47.540. Did not find a lap without mistakes, hopefully I will improve till Wednesday

I am new here to (not new to Gran turismo almost playing it for 15 years now :D )
Did a couple of laps so far 1.43.004 I did cut the corners where there are yellow lines do'nt know if that is allowed???
Looking forward to do some online racing (never did in gt5)
Grtz

Last edited:
Reactions: EDK
I am new here to (not new to Gran tursismo almost playing it for 15 years now :D )
Did a couple of laps so far 1.43.004 I did cut the corners where there are yellow lines do'nt know if that is allowed???
Grtz
Hi mate, good to see you here. đź‘Ť
Yes, it's allowed to drive onto the yellow lines.
Track bounderies are the same as they were used in the TT. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtp_wrs-gt5-week-27-mountaineering-101.218687/

I am new here to (not new to Gran tursismo almost playing it for 15 years now :D )
Grtz
We consider all tarmac and rumbles track.

Take note of all of our settings. Tire wear and fuel consumption on, grip reduction on track edge real, SRF and active steering off.

Your time should be practice from an online lobby.

EDK
We consider all tarmac and rumbles track.

Take note of all of our settings. Tire wear and fuel consumption on, grip reduction on track edge real, SRF and active steering off.

Your time should be practice from an online lobby.
I practiced in arcade time trial...
Al driving aids of abs on 1 grip reduction real already did 1.42.45 just now but this will be slower in online lobby I guess.
I will do a few more laps in arcade just for practice till I know the track and than do it for real in online lobby :)

Roomnumber is 1472-6118-4259-7711

I have never tried to join by the room number, I tried last night entering the numbers with and without the dashes. I kept getting the message room not found. I did this within 10 minutes of the post with the room number. Is there something I am missing or need to do in order to enter a room using a room number?

Al driving aids of abs on 1 grip reduction real already did 1.42.45 just now but this will be slower in online lobby I guess.
I will do a few more laps in arcade just for practice till I know the track and than do it for real in online lobby :)
Yeah, the car will feel different online with tire wear on, you'll probably lose around 1 second from your laptime, if GT5's history holds true.

Welp, I didn't know we could go on the yellow lines. I reckon I could knock an extra second off my time now easy.

Welp, I didn't know we could go on the yellow lines. I reckon I could knock an extra second off my time now easy.
You just need to keep 2 wheels on/over track, so you might have more wiggle room in the first corner, and coming down the hill at the end as well.

I have never tried to join by the room number, I tried last night entering the numbers with and without the dashes. I kept getting the message room not found. I did this within 10 minutes of the post with the room number. Is there something I am missing or need to do in order to enter a room using a room number?
That's pretty weird.
Did you enter the roomnumber without space nor dashes. Just enter the numbers all next to eachother.

Yes, max HP but I think I know why you're unsure if you have the correct value.
Technically that's 188 SAE HP in the OP.
I bet you're getting 191hp as max power, right?
My game also says 191 hp on the car but that's because I'm falling under the German regulations in DIN.
Multiply 188 by 1.0139 and you will get from SAE to DIN.
Source: http://www.ehow.com/how_5845776_convert-din-hp-sae.html

Can you update the PP in the details post (if you haven't already). That should be a common number to reference without unit of measure conversion issues. If you are on track with tuning prohibited and achieve the desired PP you know you are at full power.

That's pretty weird.
Did you enter the roomnumber without space nor dashes. Just enter the numbers all next to eachother.
I tried just number no spaces and numbers with dashes. Do you have to be friends to join a room like that? If not, maybe I just did something wrong. Thanks for the answer.

Can you update the PP in the details post (if you haven't already). That should be a common number to reference without unit of measure conversion issues. If you are on track with tuning prohibited and achieve the desired PP you know you are at full power.
Sure Tim, will do when I get the chance.
I tried just number no spaces and numbers with dashes. Do you have to be friends to join a room like that? If not, maybe I just did something wrong. Thanks for the answer.
That room is probably not open anymore.

Did you tune your car or adjust any suspension settings? 1:42.45 should be impossible in a stock version of this car, even with full bhp.

Did you tune your car or adjust any suspension settings? 1:42.45 should be impossible in a stock version of this car, even with full bhp.
Don't worry John. It's an arcade run with no tyrewear. Online is a different story

In Arcade TT without tire wear?

I did note how his time compared to yours, which is the reason I pointed out the settings. If your times are set in an online lobby, his times should theoretically be possible in Arcade Mode, if he's fast, which I'm guessing he may be. ;)

Get me signed up for this one please! EU start for me.
You get to do that yourself. :)

Notice the big "Register Here" button in the OP.

upload_2013-12-31_7-35-8.png

EDK
In Arcade TT without tire wear?

I did note how his time compared to yours, which is the reason I pointed out the settings. If your times are set in an online lobby, his times should theoretically be possible in Arcade Mode, if he's fast, which I'm guessing he may be. ;)
I set my 1:43.3 in offline free run without tire wear, I couldn't see a 1:42 was possible even there. Online with all the correct settings for the race I managed a 1:44.2 out of slipstream and a 1:43.8 with a tow from Doodle.

I set my 1:43.3 in offline free run without tire wear, I couldn't see a 1:42 was possible even there. Online with all the correct settings for the race I managed a 1:44.2 out of slipstream and a 1:43.8 with a tow from Doodle.
Don't worry so much John.
I'll set up a decent amount of practice lobbies the next couple days with tuning prohibited. :)

Yeah, then that time seems a little too quick. :lol:

@Tomk5 you might want to double check your settings and car to the regs. Bandit might seem a little sure of himself :P , but he's one of the fastest guys around here. People don't best his times routinely.

EDK
Yeah, then that time seems a little too quick. :lol:

@Tomk5 you might want to double check your settings and car to the regs. Bandit might seem a little sure of himself :P , but he's one of the fastest guys around here. People don't best his times routinely.
Also, I watched Division 1 and 2 comparison video from the week where this combo was used, and Dan Holland did a 1:43.181, so the times seem pretty similar for GT6, despite the changes to the physics :)

Back