img.php

North American Time Slot

10:00 PM Eastern / 7:00 PM Pacific / 3:00 AM GMT

img.php

Peugeot 207 GTi '07 @ Trial Mountain Reverse

Peugeot 207 GTi '07.jpg
trial-mountain-circuit-w-jpg.90656

Stewards Notes
Awaiting the TT's for GT6, we're revisiting some popular and fun races from the past. Starting off with the first ever organized 3D3Racing Race.

Last edited by a moderator:
wrstitlesdriverregistra.png

In the event of a field of 13-16 drivers we will disable mics and race with one grid. With 17+ we will split the grid.

event120_reg.png

(table will auto update approximately every 30 minutes)

Eligibility

This WRS-Online event hosted by 3D3 Racing is open to GTP_Registered members only. If you are not currently on the registry run the GTP_Registry qualifier and join now!
As we're waiting for the first GT6 Qualifier submissions to be processed, we are opening our races to all members who are currently running the Qualifier and waiting to join the WRS.

Registration Instructions

The following must be performed by every driver for every event:
  • Click the registration button above, fill-in and submit the online registration form (use your GTP_ tag ID)
  • Leave a quick note in this thread to let us know you've registered and any other comments.
The following must be performed only one time per driver (not per event):
  • Send a PSN friend request to GTP_3D3Racing, GTP_3D3_A and GTP_3D3_B from your GTP_tag account.
  • Submit the 3D3 Racing Online Driver Database Entry Form. Your information will need to be verified before you are added to the db and before your ID will appear in the registered driver table above. You can view the official driver database here.

Registration Changes

If you want to change your time slot, add a time slot or update your color choices just click on the registration link and fill out the form again and submit with new values. Your last entry will override any previous entries.

Cancellations

If for some reason, after you register for the event, you are unable to attend please click the registration button above and complete the form again selecting "cancel" as your status. Please also post a note in this thread as the table above can take some time to update.

Delaying or Restarting Race Start

Once the race countdown timer has started, the race will only be restarted in these cases:
  • Multiple drivers report a black screen/hang, instead of the 3-2-1 countdown.
  • One or more drivers get disconnected before race-pace has begun ("GO" for grid-starts, end of formation lap for rolling starts).
  • Steward realizes there is a condition that would lead to an unfair or poor race experience.

Once the race countdown timer has started, the race will explicitly NOT be restarted for:
  • Latecomers, even if you've registered
  • Driver realizes he picked the wrong car parts (ie, tires) or driving options (ie, Auto tranny)

trial-mountain-circuit_20-copy-jpg.94486

wrstitleseventdetails.png

Basic Settings
  • Room Mode: Race with Qualifier (Race 1) | Practice Race (Races 2-4)
  • Room Privacy: Public (type GTP WRS upon entry to identify yourself)

Room Settings
  • Room Comment: GTP_WRS Mountaineering V2.0
  • Room Type: Race for Real
  • Race Quality: Standard
  • Fixed Room Host: No
  • Voice Chat Quality: Standard
  • Max Number of Participants: 16 per lounge

Official Practice Times

• NA: Tuesdays @ 8:00 PM Eastern / 5:00 PM Pacific / 12:00 AM GMT
  • EU: Tuesdays @ 20:00 GMT / 3:00 PM Eastern / 12:00 PM Pacific
  • Pre-Race: The lounge is open for pre-race practice appx 1 hour prior to the official start of each event

Course Settings
  • Course: Trial Mountain Reverse
  • No. of Laps: 9 (~15 minute races)

Qualifier Settings
  • Qualifier Format: Race Together
  • Time Limit: 10 Mins

Race Settings
  • Hold Races Automatically: Disabled
  • No. of Laps: 9 (~15 minute races)
  • Start Type: Grid Start with False Start Check
  • Grid Order: Fastest First (Race 1) | Grid Based on Previous Race Results (Race 2-4)
  • Boost: No
  • Penalty: Off
  • Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption: Normal
  • Grip Reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge: Real
  • Minimum Number of Pit Stops: 0
  • Require Tire Type Change: Off
  • Race Finish Delay: 180 secs
  • Visible Damage: Off
  • Mechanical Damage: Light
  • Slipstream Strength: Real

Car Selection Method
  • Car Selection Method: Garage
  • PP Limit: 401
  • Drivetrain: FF
  • Tires: Sports - Hard (S1)
  • Nitrous: Prohibited
  • Vehicle Tuning: Prohibited
  • Oil change: Recommended
  • Custom Rims: 1 inch larger rims are allowed

Limit Driving Options
  • Skid Recovery Force: Prohibited
  • Active Steering: Prohibited
  • Active Stability Management (ASM): Available
  • Driving Line: Available
  • Traction Control: Available
  • ABS: Available

Standard Clean OLR Rules Apply:

• Unless otherwise specified, all rules from the original WRS event apply.
  • You are expected to drive clean at all times as if you are racing in the WRS. All participants are required to follow the GTPlanet Online Racing Rules & Guidelines.
  • 3D3 Race Stewards (who are taking part in race, but will review the replay) reserve the right to kick out or invalidate the result of any driver from the Race Room for driving offensively. If you ignore any warnings from the stewards and are kicked out of the race room, you will not be allowed to participate in future 3D3 events.
  • Contact with walls should be avoided. Wall riding/bouncing to gain time will be penalized and/or can result in disqualification.
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • Runoff areas are not part of the track including green painted concrete.
  • Limit your contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Passing and Blocking: Aggressive blocking is not permitted, but the driver in front has the right to choose his/her line and braking point and drivers behind should respect that line. Be especially careful when you are on older tires than the competition as the speed difference may be significant. These events are "for fun" so just play nice and take a conservative rather than an aggressive approach when possible.

Good Luck, OLR Team:gtplanet:

trial-mountain-circuit_1-copy-jpg.94483

Notes:​
  • Times submitted will help the race admins create the initial lounge split.
  • If you end up in the wrong lounge you are going to end up racing with people who are not closest to your pace so please submit a practice lap if at all possible, especially if you do not have a division/handicap from the GT5 registry.
  • If you go faster in another session just re-submit, only your last submitted lap will be displayed and used.
  • Please be sure to match the regulations used for the events so all drivers are using a common set of regulations.

trial-mountain-circuit_21-copy-jpg.94487

Last edited:
wrstitlesracehighlights.png

NA A room Race #1 by oink - full race and highlight lap

EU A room Race #1 by Tidgney

GTP_gmmatthew battles

RobertSamuel vs oink

Pics by Racingworld68 - more HERE.
trial-mountain-circuit_2-jpg.97100

Pics by Allibubba99 - more HERE.
trial-mountain-circuit_1-copy-jpg.97788

Welcome guys. 👍

We'll be holding these races in a different way of what we're used to.
Not one long race but several short races with a small break in between them.
This way we can all get to know eachother in a more relaxed enviroment.

I'm gonna give this a shot. Don't expect a miracle, I need to learn to turn the BLOODY SRF off first.

I'm gonna give this a shot. Don't expect a miracle, I need to learn to turn the BLOODY SRF off first.
We welcome racers of all abilities, with all levels of experience.

Yes, some of the guys here are quite fast, but many are new to all of this, and learning the ropes. 👍

You probably noticed that we set out lounges up to allow only a few aids - Driving Line, TCS, ABS. All other aids are prohibited, and the grip reduction on track edge is set to "Real".

Yeah, until now I've basically been playing in maximum-cotton-wool mode with all the aids on. I reckon I'll give manual a try, but switch to auto when I inevitably flip the car due to overcooking it.

Edit: Right, I've given this a run on the allowed settings. Brilliant choice of car for entry-level racing, it's very forgivable, and nowhere near as hard as I thought it was going to be. After a few laps I've clocked a 1'51.102, athough I reckon I can get it to a low 1'50 if I properly knuckle down (if only work didn't exist tomorrow, and there wasn't a New Years party going on), and doubtless some of you lot are in the mid 1'40s.

Edit 2: BOOM. 1'49.950. Oni should not be allowed to make estimations.
I get the fear I'm getting excited over a time most of you could do with broken wrists. I should stop now before I embarrass myself on race day.

Last edited:
This race sounds really fun! I'll sign up as soon as I've decided which colour car to get! 👍

Reactions: EDK
Ooh, apologies if I've done a silly and not read about, but do I have to sign up and change my ID to GTR_whatever?

Ooh, apologies if I've done a silly and not read about, but do I have to sign up and change my ID to GTR_whatever?
No, we no longer require a GTP_Tag. You can use whatever ID you would like.

That said, we would like to limit these races to folks who are taking part in our qualifier.

Question - if we were part of the GT5 version of WRS, but not the online portion, should we fill out the database entry form?

Question - if we were part of the GT5 version of WRS, but not the online portion, should we fill out the database entry form?
That won't be needed.
We will ask all drivers to re register for the initial GT6 official races. We have to anyway with the new registry.

Ran a few laps and already down to a 1:43.3, I think this combo should provide some very close racing! :D

I'd join but don't really feel like riding around in the back by myself all race.:lol: You aliens have fun though. 👍

Registered, looking forward to it.

Mitch, you were in D2, time to start racing against humans. Have to put all your TT practice to good use;). Sure the best separate from the pack, but there is plenty of good racing going on behind them. Plenty of D2s like Paul, Kevin, Tim, and Jon give the D1s a run for their money.

Last edited:
I'll lose 4-5 seconds per lap to the aliens, but now's as good a time as any to finally start online racing.

I'll lose 4-5 seconds per lap to the aliens, but now's as good a time as any to finally start online racing.
The car isn't technically hard to drive, just need to sure you hit the apexes so you get around fast! Go into practice mode and get a bit of practice before the event, I did a 1:43.3 earlier after a few laps, that should give you a good target to aim for 👍

The car isn't technically hard to drive, just need to sure you hit the apexes so you get around fast! Go into practice mode and get a bit of practice before the event, I did a 1:43.3 earlier after a few laps, that should give you a good target to aim for 👍
That's what I've been aiming for. I'm a bit short of that at 1:46.8. Then again, it's been ages since I did this track in reverse.

That's what I've been aiming for. I'm a bit short of that at 1:46.8. Then again, it's been ages since I did this track in reverse.
There's still over a week left to practice before the event :) You just have to make sure you're carrying the right amount of speed into each corner so it doesn't understeer, and if you make the apex you can actually get back on the power surprisingly early 👍

Use the yellow stripes, they are part of the track. I did 10 laps hit the high 1:45s. Within 2 seconds of Bandit, so I won't be lapped in these short races :P. I did the laps in Arcade mode, will probably be a little slower on line.

Welcome to all the first time entrants, it is lots of fun. I did my first on line race about 10 months ago, I was nervous and still am. Aim to have fun, race clean, and get to know the really good people that enter these events.

Last edited:
Signed up for the EU race with my main account since I won't be using my old GTP_account for the WRS anymore.

Just abuse the crap out of the curbs in the first corner, and then make sure you carry loads of speed up the hill. Those are the main points of the lap here. 👍

Latest Posts

Back