GTP WRS-Online (*GT6*): Event 120 : Mountaineering V2.0 - January 8, 2014

• Thread starter Speedy6543
  • 362 comments
EDK
Bandit might seem a little sure of himself :P , but he's one of the fastest guys around here. People don't best his times routinely.
He's a personal friend of mine so I'll make sure he get's everything correct.

Reactions: EDK
I practiced in arcade time trial...
Al driving aids of abs on 1 grip reduction real already did 1.42.45 just now but this will be slower in online lobby I guess.
I will do a few more laps in arcade just for practice till I know the track and than do it for real in online lobby :)

Welcome Tom, always good to see more Belgian racers. Like your psn name 'snelnEddy' :dopey:

Haha thx
yes I didn't try very hard to get to 1.43 but as mentioned I did it in arcade without tyre wear ;) (stock car though except oil change and soft sport tyres) .
Bandit should be faster than me I will wait til online lobby's are open for posting a real time maybe I can't even get 1.44 's with all the correct settings ;)

Haha thx
yes I didn't try very hard to get to 1.43 but as mentioned I did it in arcade without tyre wear ;) (stock car though except oil change and soft sport tyres) .
Bandit should be faster than me I will wait til online lobby's are open for posting a real time maybe I can't even get 1.44 's with all the correct settings ;)
Sports soft is the reason then ;)

If you want I can post a video of my (invalid) 1.42.442 lap I saved the replay 👍

Ok..... I made a mistake with using the wrong tyres lol will try again with sport hards....

Last edited by a moderator:
The practice leaderboard is online here (on the front page of this thread):

Mountaineering V2.0 - Practice Leaderboard

There is a submit button in that post which will allow you to submit a lap and the leaderboard will refresh every 30 minutes. Do not submit a lap unless regulations are followed exactly including tires, tuning prohibited, aids, etc., and it must be run in an online lobby with tire wear normal. You can resubmit as often as you like and your last submission will override any previous so feel free to submit after every session in which you beat your personal best. Be sure to check your PSN ID as that's used to key your laps and over-write previous entries (it's case sensitive too).

The leaderboard will be closed just prior to the race and used to create the initial lounge splits. For those that were not on the GT5 registry it's especially important since we have no real judge of your speed. If you were on the GT5 registry it would still be nice to have a lap on file, but if not we'll use your handicap to give us a rough idea. After the first race we'll shuffle a bit if people end up in the wrong lounge, but we'd like to start as close as possible to minimize shifting around and maximize race time.

PS> I put in Bandits 1'44 lap to get things started (screwed up and assigned it to doodle, but will delete as soon as someone submits a real lap).

Ok..... I made a mistake with using the wrong tyres lol will try again with sport hards....
I just had a serious attempt offline to reach your time and managed a 1:43.161 with a theoretical best of 1:42.6 :)
But online with tyre wear and fuel you won't get into the 1:43s without a slipstream.

I just had a serious attempt offline to reach your time and managed a 1:43.161 with a theoretical best of 1:42.6 :)
But online with tyre wear and fuel you won't get into the 1:43s without a slipstream.

I won't get into the 1:43s with a slipstream and a Bugatti pushing me down the straights.

Confirmed up for NA race. My sleep schedule probably will have me waking up after the EU race so think I'll stick to the later race ;)

Signed up as a reserve for the EU race, pretty sure I'll make it but I'd like to be 99% sure before confirming. Might even enter the NA race if things turn out well.

Happy new year everyone :cheers:

Seen as though I can't drive in real life today due to alcohol from last night, ive opened a practice room.

1472-4711-0038-4890-8506
Title: WRS/3d3 Pug 207 gti

Please state WRS when you join, I may not be there all the time though.

I put in time 1'46:780 and it shows 13min lol... I did it 3x till now!?!?!
I will take a look and fix it. I'm guessing you are confusing it by using a colon instead of a period for the decimal.

Ps. Looks like someone already fixed it as your last entry was with a decimal and was processed properly.

Are there still places to fill in? I´d like to compete in the European race slot.
Yes, you can sign up using the 'register here' button under the registration table in the second post. 👍

I've created a practice room, will be up all evening, I will be AFK most of the time but I will set an automatic race start cycle for anyone who wants to practice. The room ID is 1472-6118-3701-4253-3894 👍

@BanditKarter22, I've set up a new lobby with voicechat enabled.
1472-6118-3615-5259-9873

I'll be on and off be will keep the lobby running.

There is still a lobby open for anyone that did want to join. 7 of us in atm.

1472-6118-3615-5259-9873

Edit: I'm out but the lobby lives on ;)

Last edited:
It's great that every day I seem to be losing a second off my times. Just broken into the 1'47s. There are a few spots I can improve, it's just finding the lap in which all of them happen at once.

Had a good practice tonight guys. 👍
Set a best lap of 44.7. :D

44.4 @Gravitron? Damn that's a saucy lap!

Edit: Or was that in draft during a race? Because that's cheating :sly:

Back