GTP WRS-Online (*GT6*): Event 122 : Fuji(Nissan) GT(-R) V2.0 - January 22, 2014

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 319 comments
Good call on the merge, Tim. 👍

Great racing, and most of you avoided my targeted spins that were meant to test your concentration. :mischievous::dunce:
But not Joe, sorry bout that engine damage, buddy. :(

Staying up for Aus/NZ.

Not going to make the AU race. It is just an hour too late for me this week. I'll get sleep and be ready for the Audi tomorrow. Good luck to those who race.

Had a lot of fun in the races yesterday, especially the second one. (the fist i spinned and had to chase the field).
Had some good battles.

Got DC"ed in the race after, was too tired to reboot everything.

On to next week:cheers:

Enjoyed the racing in EU room C last night and even managed to reduce my PB with this combo down to 1'43.5xx. 👍

Annoying with the connection issues though. There was 3-4 people I couldnt see on each race and not sure if they could see me, so apologies if there was any contact. Tried to race as clean as I could with the people I could see. It seemed OK, if I re-entered the lobby, for about 30 seconds then they dissapeared. Made for an interesting re-shuffle on the formation lap as the screen was telling me I was in the right position when I actually wasnt! Hopefully next time it wont happen.

Apart from that was great fun!! :cheers:

A good evening racing in room C 👍
Thanks to LittlePaul, Nish, Speedy, Skyline, Trux, and all the rest. From my point of view the racing was tight and clean. Congratulations to everyone :cheers:

A good evening racing in room C 👍
Thanks to LittlePaul, Nish, Speedy, Skyline, Trux, and all the rest. From my point of view the racing was tight and clean. Congratulations to everyone :cheers:
Room B you mean. :lol:
Was good fun indeed. A couple mistakes here and there but all in all good reactions/behaviour. 👍
I'll see if I can make a highlights vid.

Exciting race for me. I was very consistent(ly slow :D). Had fun with TurboSnail. :cheers:

Drew, Paul's GTPlanet ID is actually @oink83. I actually heard Paul mention he might make some video highlight of the race tonight... his videos are awesome so I look forward to that if it happens.
Yup, might do a little post-race commentary on the thing or something...💡 Or might just do a replay.

Last edited:
After watched #Tidgney s Qualifier, im flabergated how it a 2 second gap from my PB, braking and turning point are almost identical apart from second to last corner which i never got right. Would shifting up at 7k and not 7.5-7.7k make that much difference, does the power band dip off? I hit 159 at start point when clearly his in high 160s.

Maybe aliens do live among us

Think of it as more momentum, once you get the braking points try to release brakes slightly earlier, and accelerate slightly earlier. Time should then start decreasing a bit more :)!

I've just realised, we were running 1 lap too short in NA. It was supposed to be 12+1 but we ran 11+1.

I've just realised, we were running 1 lap too short in NA. It was supposed to be 12+1 but we ran 11+1.

I realized that last night. I typed that as we were doing the formation for race 2. :dunce: since we were 16 with mics disabled it was hard to communicate once driving. Thankfully the system got the grid order right and no Benny hill shuffle required. Maybe the quali order bug is track dependent.

Nice video. I bet you wish you had that one extra lap... I think you would have passed me there in lap 12 and then it would have been hard to retake the position. Seems like I was getting beat badly in turn 1, but had an advantage in the final sector and mostly final turn for most laps.

Funny you only saw 13 on track when there were 16 (I saw all 16), but on the timing screen at the end you could see the other 3 (Nish, See and thematic) and they showed 10 laps down, when in fact all of them finished on the lead lap and at some point on the last lap I think DeathStart disconnected. I wonder if See23 was invisible to you in the last race... you guys were racing pretty close in that one at times, but I was either a bit in front or a bit behind you guys when you were close so I couldn't tell if you were occupying the same real estate.

We have to keep working on guys connections and try and get as much sorted as possible. There is stuff we can't do anything about (server issues or just slow connections), but we can at least make an attempt to eliminate any problems caused by routers.

Thanks for posting the video Oink.
There were 16 of us and the replay only shows 12. I was one of the missing cars.
I know I was there because JTV and I had an epic battle for 5 th.
Do you have the second race and can you post it?

Pretty sure Oink saw me in race two because he had a personal encounter with my tail lights.

Deathstar finished slightly ahead of me in that race. He was DC'd in between the finish of the race and heading to the main menu.

I DC'd five seconds or so after I crossed the finish line during the first NA race. :nervous: I then had to restart and system check the PS3 to get it to go back to the game. :banghead: Once I entered the room again I jumped in and then the count down began. Talk about cutting it close. :scared:

I guess I am going to have to take my G27 pedals apart and try to fix. In that video, my gas pedal went dead for 4 or 5 seconds and I dropped from 4th to 10th, happened again later in another race but for a much shorter time. I have had issues of brake and gas pedals being slightly intermittent or sticking, but never going dead. Anyway, I had a great time in all the races I was in, even managed to get 3rd in one. I ran tons of laps with Bart, James and other really fast drivers who gave me some nice tips during the week, and it paid off.

The other interesting thing from the race is the various lines and their interaction.

I learned to turn in very late in the tricky right hand turn right after the GT corner (which sets up the entire sector), but oink turned in much earlier. I think the late turn in was faster overall, but it wasn't a good defensive line and when oink took his line right behind me it made me prone to mistakes because I wasn't sure if he was inside my quarter panel and if it was safe to take my normal shot at the apex. I ended up adjusting to something in between when anyone was close. And when I had a couple car lengths I took my normal late turn in.

It was almost the same for the penultimate corner where a very wide looping entry could get a really great exit, but another car close behind could make that difficult. Adjustment of the line was key to keeping a good defend-able position (not blocking, just choosing a line that left your inside protected).

And on the final corner I had a favorite line that was sort of not too wide, just in the middle. But it was fun to adjust that based on traffic. When someone was in front, there is no way to undercut so it was possible to go a little wider, brake a little later and try to get a run.

I love racing at Fuji.

Yeh first half of the lap I was quicker, turn 2 and 3 (left hander then the long right hander) I would come right up to your bumper, but the final 2 turns I was really struggling with and lost time most laps there.

Yeh I was missing a couple, but fortunately not anyone I was racing close with in either race. I didn't get race 2 so no video for that one. I would like to think that given I could see 13-14 at most times when arranging the lobby, that it's not a problem on my end. More likely some strict router setups that are just not very compatible with me.

Edit: Yeh agreed on that. There's a couple lines through the very long right hander too. You were often taking it quite alot wider through there and I had to ease up on the exit. Same with the penultimate, as you said, you were wide through that, I sliced it a lot narrower, so when I was behind you, I was losing time because your wide line would be cutting in front, so after I learned your lines, when I was following, I adjust my own lines to what you were doing, but when ahead, I could just use the lines I liked :D

Here's NA Race 1 replay. Got a bit of a cold and didn't feel up to 20 minutes of speaking so just trying to persuade some viewers to sign up instead! :sly:

Nice video, really enjoyed watching it. 👍 Also learned a few things just from watching. Keep posting these as they are not only enjoyable to watch, but also a great learning tool. :cheers:

I think it would be a good idea that everyone has the Blind Spot Indicator on for all races.
If you use an in car or bumpercam view it is a vital tool for knowing where the other guy is.
(it's annoying during qualifying though)
If everyone had it on there would be no excuse for not giving enough room or cutting off.

so sad I couldn't race.. would have been one of my fastest performances in my not so extensive WRS career, relatively speaking. hopefully I can find time to race next wednesday.:gtpflag:

Back