GTP WRS-Online (*GT6*): Event 122 : Fuji(Nissan) GT(-R) V2.0 - January 22, 2014

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 319 comments
Had fun and kept the heart rate up almost every lap. :scared: I should have done better. I was just slow, with a little bit of sloppy, during the first race...even though I was apparently in a battle for position most of the race with Hetoft, but he was invisible the entire race. :confused: I wish I could have seen it. The second race caught me in some traffic and 🤬 happens. :mad: Oh well.

Now the goal is to get a podium spot in the North American Event. :D
:gtpflag:

Last edited:
I had a lot of fun in my first WRS race in the B room tonight. My quali laps were a bit of pace because of the pressure probably, and I did a couple of mistakes in the race which resulted in some contact and an awkward crash while in traffic. Pretty much all my mistakes originated from slightly missed braking points, when my concentration was on the cars around me Still, I enjoyed pressing hard to catch up with the pack and get to fight for the last positions, against good drivers.

Especially the first 3 laps in the second race were intense. I started from 6th (I and the guys I had next to me were 1 place up from our finish in the last race, for some reason) and I soon managed to take 5th. Then took 4th just as our pack up front got even tighter, while RowdLL and the rest of the pack behind were steadily closing in. Shortly after I crashed in 100R.

Thanks to everyone participating, and I hope to race you again soon.

EDIT: Mixed up grid positions

Last edited:
(I and the guys I had next to me were 1 place up from our finish in the last race, for some reason)
That was because I dropped back from first to last place for the second race.

Glad you guys enjoyed it. 👍

I hope to make the NA spot, only 16 on the list so should i make 17 to split the pack or would that be unfair? Just got back at 10pm here, no 3/4g around either so couldnt cancel.
And depending on how much sleep i want, could always go in the NZ too, deathwish against PASM though lol.

Enjoyed it was a understatement the battle i had with you in the second race was great.
Exchanging positions a few times was brilliant even thou I was suffering major understeer on exits roll on next week.

Was fun racing tonight, the first race I initially was hanging back a little from PASM and Twissy, and then after a few laps I was struggling to hang on suddenly, and then got close again for a fantastic finale :D!

2nd Race was a good start, an initial contact in one move on me, but from there, it was an epic race! I'll be uploading both I think :D!

But I did as I always do, record my qualifying lap!

Enjoy!

Was fun racing tonight, the first race I initially was hanging back a little from PASM and Twissy, and then after a few laps I was struggling to hang on suddenly, and then got close again for a fantastic finale :D!

That is alot of fast drivers in one race. Seven qualifications in the 1 41s, and another at 1 42 02.

I meant to say that already on the grid we were 1 place up. But after watching the replay, I remembered that I finished the first race in 6th, so grid positions were in fact correct.

After watched #Tidgney s Qualifier, im flabergated how it a 2 second gap from my PB, braking and turning point are almost identical apart from second to last corner which i never got right. Would shifting up at 7k and not 7.5-7.7k make that much difference, does the power band dip off? I hit 159 at start point when clearly his in high 160s.

Maybe aliens do live among us

I hope to make the NA spot, only 16 on the list so should i make 17 to split the pack or would that be unfair? Just got back at 10pm here, no 3/4g around either so couldnt cancel.
And depending on how much sleep i want, could always go in the NZ too, deathwish against PASM though lol.

If we are only 16 confirmed (as is the case now) at 90 minutes to the start of the NA race then we are running one lobby only and those on reserve at that point will be without a grid spot. If we get to 17 confirmed we will run two lounges and spots will open for other reserves. But we hope nobody abuses the confirmed status and only signs up that way if they are sure to make it.

So, for the six of you on reserve, update your status in the next couple hours. If you can't make it please cancel and if you are going to make it 99% then confirm. If you are still unsure stay reserved and you'll get a spot if we have to split lounges.

NOTE: If any grid is 13 or larger we'll be disabling mics and putting my speed typing skills to the test. :sly:

PS> The AU race has many open slots so feel free to sign up near last minute for that slot if you can make it.

Thanks for the good fun tonight!

I tried to avoid contact, but sometines I find it hard to determine braking points when I have several drivers around me. I did the best I could, and I learned a lot (I'm still quite inexperienced with racing online).

First race for me was among the best, serious online race I've done so far, finishing 7th - but very close to 6th, leading DeathStar for 5 laps, then at the last lap I lost the line a bit, he hit me from behind which made me lose it, and overtook me. Good battles though... And then I found out I was invisible to him the whole race. :S Strange. I also did my best lap yet in Race 1; a 1'44.1.

All in all a great experience, thanks SO much for organizing this and putting it all together. You guys deserve a medal (or at least a lot of good food, beer and sex).

I love GTPlanet and WRS!

I guess I'm not gonna like that post then :P

AU/NZ 6hrs to go...

I'm on Reserve slot but there's an 80% chance that I'll be joining the last batch of WRS today. Good luck to me, :nervous:

Still 3 seconds behind, not enough time to Practice, practice, practice...

So I'll just Pray, pray, pray...:D

AU/NZ 6hrs to go...

I'm on Reserve slot but there's an 80% chance that I'll be joining the last batch of WRS today. Good luck to me, :nervous:

Still 3 seconds behind, not enough time to Practice, practice, practice...

So I'll just Pray, pray, pray...:D

👍 Can you fill out the 3d3 driver form if you haven't already so we can fill in your first/nick name for the registration system.

Enough guys no showed that we can merge in one room:

1472-4710-9909-6401-1209

If you weren't in a room before then you showed up too late to race.

PS> Mics are disabled since this room will be almost full.

I think I will be a time trial warrior / tuner from now on. Was good being on the track with a lot of you guys.

This was my first race and had a blast even though not a fan of Fuji. Also hope I don't get reported for dirty racing I made contact on lap 2 going into 1 the draft made me blow my braking.

Sorry for the bump tonight @Nish. I decided to wait for you on the next lap but you must have left the room, again. Very sorry...:guilty:
Al

I think I will be a time trial warrior / tuner from now on. Was good being on the track with a lot of you guys.

Nish, I understand you got punted by someone. They said so in the lobby and waited for you before you quit and it was a mistake. I know it can be frustrating, but we'll all find ourselves on both sides of a mistake from time to time. I know I have. Don't let it get to you. It's fun to drive with you online in the lobby and just remember this is for fun and it also makes you a better driver (not the getting punted part, but driving with others and with tire wear, etc.).

Thank you to all the guys I raced close with tonight. Very nice battles and very clean. Sure a few inadvertent taps, but nothing on purpose and nothing that anyone took advantage of... and we were racing close lap after lap. :cheers:

Holy 🤬! I won!! ...lap 10 & 11, I think, and then all hell broke loose and I was drowning in it. :boggled:
Cleanest racing I've ever seen... at mid pack. The front? Meh...not so much... but not that bad.
Totally fun any way you slice it!!!
Thanks guys!

Smooth racing tonight in the North American Event. :cheers: I only saw a small amount of contact but thankfully it wasn't with me, and the contact that was there didn't seem very bad from my point of view. :cool: I just wish I could have kept up with the few cars within sight down the track...just a touch out of reach the entire second half of the second race. :( At least I had a few laps of bumper to bumper racing. I just wish I didn't get DC'd between races so I wouldn't have had to start from the back for the second race. :ouch: May have cost me some places. Consistent running for both races; 29 seconds back in both...and a Top 10 in the first race!!!

Another great Event here on the :gtplanet:. Can't wait to see what's next.
:gtpflag:

Last edited:
I know, I know, things could've been cleaner, but I think everyone made mistakes tonight. Too many braking zones... If someone misses their braking point by a foot, it causes the whole field to "accordian..." ...right into each other.

Patrick, I'm sorry for the race 3 spin. Same thing happened in race 2, but I didn't collect anyone or anything. Race 3, you were too close... I hate that GT-R and always will... Too much oversteer. I have better car control in Aussie V8 :lol:

@See23, @Gravitron, @WRP001, and @Oink (is that his GTP?) ...great racing! :D Nice and close first race with WRP001 and Oink. Race 2 was strange but still close. Race 3 was a blunder on my part...

But, I'll take my 2nd place. :D

Back