GTP WRS-Online : Special Event III - Spa Mixed Class Enduro - Mar 25

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 777 comments
Going to 3D3 lounge again :D
I would like to run my LMP qualification sometime today if any stewards are available.

I'll be available to observe starting in about an hour pending no work emergencies.

I'm down for this!! Looks epic! 👍...

Be sure to fill out the appropriate forms. First, the general 3D3 driver registration and friend requests sent to the lounges. Then the specific event registrations for the enduro and/or support races. It's all in the registration posts on the front page of this thread. Once that's done just post here when you are ready to have a steward observe your qualification run.

There will be one mandated (simulated) driver change during the race which must take place in a specified time window. To simulate the change a driver will pause during a regular pit stop for 5 minutes. The time window is long enough that it will throw some interesting dynamics into the race and it will also allow the participants to take a small break during the race for a stretch, drink or a real life pit stop during this challenging event.

Specifics:
  1. To begin the simulated driver change enter the pits as normal during the driver change window (race clock between 1:00:00 to 1:24:00).
  2. Begin the pit stop as normal allowing AI to take over and then selecting tires and added fuel amount and select OK
  3. After that screen is dismissed hit "Start" which will show the options buttons ("resume", "chat", "options" and "exit").
  4. As long as you see those option buttons you will not be released from your pits. Do not click any buttons including chat or you will be released when you dismiss that screen.
  5. The AI will drive the car into your pit stall and begin your normal pit stop. At this point you should be watching the race timer and the crew member with the release flag.
  6. When the flag man raises the release flag, your 5 minute wait officially begins.
  7. Note the race clock time and write it down. Then manually add 5 minutes and write down this time which is when you can leave the pit stall.
  8. Take a break, stretch, pat your dog and do whatever else makes you feel refreshed.
  9. After the target time has been reached on the race timer hit start and proceed with the remainder of your race.

So I can not take into account filling the fuel tank up to full and tyre change in the 5 min driver change. The 5 mins would only start once the tyre change and refueling has stopped.

So I can not take into account filling the fuel tank up to full and tyre change in the 5 min driver change. The 5 mins would only start once the tyre change and refueling has stopped.

Bold = correct

JTV will be qualifying shortly so please do not enter the main lounge (GTP_3D3Racing) until I update this post that he's completed his run. Thanks.

Update: Qualification run is complete. Great run JTV! I won't give any times away, but he met the floor requirement for LMP with some room to spare. 👍

Last edited:
Nice work, Jon! 👍 My attempt last night at slowing you down by careening into you failed, apparently. :dunce:

lol I thought that was partly my fault last night Lucas, should have slowed a bit when you spun :dopey: I even managed to go a little faster today than I had before :D
Thankyou to Wes, Tim, Marc, Lucas, Mohit and Adermm(for allowing me to watch his qually) for all your help with my LMP times(plus any I have missed :D). My first few drives were around 2'10 and didn't look like even getting close to qualifying.
I am thinking about dropping out of the GT class as I am enjoying the Peugeot 908 more than I had imagined :).

Edit: Changed Registry to LMP only

Last edited:
Going to jump in the LMP for a few laps at Spa in GTP_3D3Racing.

Welcome to the Event 👍

We haven't decided on the order for starting the race yet, but you are correct in that lap counts (between GT and LMP classes) won't matter as this is a timed event.
ATM we are considering letting the GT class start first, then starting the LMP class once the GT's are through Pouhon.

Re 2: Drivers only need to qualify for the class they prefer to race.
Some drivers have not decided which class they prefer yet, and some would like to give the LMP class a shot, so all drivers can try to qualify for both.
It's not required to run the LMP quali if you are only interested in the GT class.

Thanks for clearing that up. It's my not so perfect english that keeps me from uderstanding every little detail in huge OP's from time to time.
Really appritiate your help. 👍

Be sure to fill out the appropriate forms. First, the general 3D3 driver registration and friend requests sent to the lounges. Then the specific event registrations for the enduro and/or support races. It's all in the registration posts on the front page of this thread. Once that's done just post here when you are ready to have a steward observe your qualification run.

Yes, I saw that "Register here" button in the OP.
But I did not register right away, cause I was at the same time starting up my GTP-account for the first time in like 12 mounths, and I could not open it up. Need to do something about that.
Any ideas?
It says that I need to contact "support", cause my password was'nt valid or something like that.
What's this "support" thing.. Who do I contact? Could not see that information.

Can I just create a new PSN with the same name, or will it stop me since the name is already taken (by me, on my real GTP_tagged account)?
Do I have to use the exact PSN account that I've used for the WRS rankings?
Is there any other way around this?
If not, I'll just have to dig in to straight it out, but it seems like so much trouble..
Can I quali with my non-GTP-account, or do I need to use it even there?
(Caus I'm not sure I'll have the time to sort it out before the deadline is reached)

So sorry for all questions.
I organize events around here as well, so I totally understand that dealing with other participants PSN troubles is not your responsibility.
It's just that I don't know what to do, so any advice is much appritiated.

Anyway, the event looks awesome, and I know I can make the race. So count on me. Just need to get my GTP-tag up and running. 👍

cheers

EDIT: I signed up on the google docs site.
Did I pick #11 before Eddie did? :lol:

Last edited:
But I did not register right away, cause I was at the same time starting up my GTP-account for the first time in like 12 mounths, and I could not open it up. Need to do something about that.
Any ideas?
It says that I need to contact "support", cause my password was'nt valid or something like that.
What's this "support" thing.. Who do I contact? Could not see that information.

Can I just create a new PSN with the same name, or will it stop me since the name is already taken (by me, on my real GTP_tagged account)?
Do I have to use the exact PSN account that I've used for the WRS rankings?
Is there any other way around this?
If not, I'll just have to dig in to straight it out, but it seems like so much trouble..
Can I quali with my non-GTP-account, or do I need to use it even there?
(Caus I'm not sure I'll have the time to sort it out before the deadline is reached)

So sorry for all questions.

Try this link: http://us.playstation.com/support/answer/index.htm?a_id=2539

Basically, if you still have access to the email you registered under you should be able to get a password reminder. But all the scenarios are covered under that link. That's for US, but I assume it's the same internationally? Worse case scenario you'll have to go to the relevant link for your country if you are in the scenario that requires a phone call to support in order to get the proper phone #.

Hopefully you fall under this scenario: I don't know my password, but I do have access to both the email account and Date-Of-Birth associated with my Sony Entertainment Network account. If that's the case try this:

https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/pc/reg/account/forgot-password!input.action

If you cannot get your GTP_Chorda account up and running PM me and I'll see what we can do about the registry. You won't be able to reuse that PSN account, but you may be able to start another and get your registry record linked to the new GTP tag PSN account.

In any case, you will be required to run the races using a GTP tag account that's listed on the registry, but you can run your qualifying race under your normal account if it's just a matter of a few extra days to get it sorted out.

Did I pick #11 before Eddie did? :lol:

Eddie isn't on the registry yet (:scared:) so you've got claim to #11. Hopefully he has his registry qualifier in pronto (like today!) and we'll keep our fingers crossed it's processed in time.

Last edited:
Is any of the stewards available now? I'll be away this weekend and now it would be my shot at a quali for the LMP class. Not looking good, but I'm afraid to miss any other chance.

PS - I'm online on PSN now, just need a PM there to do as requested.

If you can start immediately (like now) I can observe, but I only have about 20 minutes... just enough for the qualifier and not much time for you to warm up. Another Steward might be available a littler later... not sure.

If so go to GTP_3D3Racing lounge ASAP.

EDIT: In qualifying now so please stay out of lounge until I update this post.

UPDATE: Qualifying run complete!

Last edited:
I have a suggestion..

Would it be possible, that after the first car over the line type "checkered flag", all cars line up behind as the cars start crossing the line (as explained in the OP), the lead car will cruise for one lap, and crossing the finishline once again.. As they do in Le Mans.. And then roll for one more lap.
And when reaching the bus stop after the 2nd in-lap/cool down lap, park top 3 cars in each class (like "parc ferme" if you will) on the same spot that you've taken some pics (the donought picture i.e) at.
No reving after the parking/ E brake applyed.. Winner in the middle slightly (half a car leanght?) ahead, 2nd to it's right, and 3rd to it's left.
The rest drive in to the pits.
When the last driver is parked (all cars will pause the game exactly when they enter the pits) in his pit box, he'll type "race complete" or similar.

So we need to pre determine where top 3 should park in each class, and also no need to stay too close during the last 2 laps. Just stay fairly close when crossing the finishline after the first out of 2 "cool down" laps.

I think it will look extremely neat, and concidering the race is almost 2,5 hours, those extra minutes is defenetly worth it imo.

Is this possible to organize?

I have a suggestion..

Would it be possible, that after the first car over the line type "checkered flag", all cars line up behind as the cars start crossing the line (as explained in the OP), the lead car will cruise for one lap, and crossing the finishline once again.. As they do in Le Mans.. And then roll for one more lap.
And when reaching the bus stop after the 2nd in-lap/cool down lap, park top 3 cars in each class (like "parc ferme" if you will) on the same spot that you've taken some pics (the donought picture i.e) at.
No reving after the parking/ E brake applyed.. Winner in the middle slightly (half a car leanght?) ahead, 2nd to it's right, and 3rd to it's left.
When the last driver is parked (all cars will pause the game exactly when they enter the pits) in his pit box, he'll type "race complete" or similar.

So we need to pre determine where top 3 should park in each class, and also no need to stay too close during the last 2 laps. Just stay fairly close when crossing the finishline after the first out of 2 "cool down" laps.

I think it will look extremely neat, and concidering the race is almost 2,5 hours, those extra minutes is defenetly worth it imo.

Would be very realistic, but i do not see the benefits of this, you would have a nice replay, true, but IMO it does not add anything to the race itself.

I have a suggestion..

We had considered a post race pic setup for the podium finishers which is very similar to what you have suggested.
We will post / advise the drivers of any post race setup / pic staging when we have decided on a procedure.

Hey Denilson, any progress on your GTP tag PSN account? Did the links I posted give you any assistance?

Depending on my schedule today I may be qualifying myself this evening for LMP. Any of the west coast stewards going to be online? I'm going to see how I'm feeling later as I've been burning the candle at both ends lately so I may also punt and wait for Sunday. But if my preparation laps go well I might be posting for a steward.

I will be available to observe anyone else's qualifying most of today with the exception of a few meetings here and there. I'll have GTP_3D3_B set up and ready for Spa and leave it idle so I can hear any activity while I'm working. Just pop in and make some noise (driving or mic) and if I'm available I'll pop over and let you know. Otherwise feel free to run practice laps.

I'll post to this thread when/if the lounge is being actively used for qualifying runs at which point it'll be closed until I updated the post again saying it's over. No observers unless the driver gives explicit permission. The main lounge is open unless someone else posts they are using it for quali.

Hey Denilson, any progress on your GTP tag PSN account? Did the links I posted give you any assistance?

Depending on my schedule today I may be qualifying myself this evening for LMP. Any of the west coast stewards going to be online? I'm going to see how I'm feeling later as I've been burning the candle at both ends lately so I may also punt and wait for Sunday. But if my preparation laps go well I might be posting for a steward.

I will be getting in tonight around 9 pacific if you want me to observe your Quali Tim.
Hopefuly I'll be running my Quali tomorrow, I really don't want to leave it until Sunday.

No, I have'nt. That's why I asked if quali was possible from my other account since I don't have much time at all these next few days.

But I'll def try to sort it out a.s.a.p 👍
Thanks for the links!

Cheers

Would be very realistic, but i do not see the benefits of this, you would have a nice replay, true, but IMO it does not add anything to the race itself.

You're right, but I did not say that it would do anything to the race either.
It will look extremely good on the replay, and the fact that it will only take roughly 3-4 minutes extra added to a 2,5 hour race, I think it would be worth it..

But I do see that it might be hard to do. It's just that it would look really good. And concidering the amount of time invested in this race, why not add 3-4 minutes to get that little bit of extra out of the event? 👍

Anyway, it was just a suggestion.

Cheers

Just had 15 laps practice with tyre wear, fuel and light damage. The Z06RM is fantastic, didn't get much more than 20 mins before I really needed some new rubber....

Didn't apply the power limiter so I won't mention any times, they probably weren't that good anyway. I've got a colour and a number now so I need to put them into the registry....

Edit: Ok - not sure if I can edit it, I'm using #9 and Matte Silver

I've got a colour and a number now so I need to put them into the registry....

Edit: Ok - not sure if I can edit it, I'm using #9 and Matte Silver

You sure can 👍
Just re-register, fill in the car colour and number.
The new entry will overwrite the old one.

I do like Denilsons idea for the photo opportunity after the race. Another way of doing so is to finish the race as planned then have everyone head back on to track start a race and simply line up all the podium cars and maybe the rest of the field lined up or scattered behind them. This would save any confusion at the end of the race would still only take an extra 5-10 min.

I'm not going to qualify tonight... Been too busy and also trying to get ready for Aderrrm event tomorrow. Some confusing with the car specs prevented me from qualifying today... last shot tonight I think or I may miss that race.

I'll qualify either Sat night or Sunday.

I do like Denilsons idea for the photo opportunity after the race. Another way of doing so is to finish the race as planned then have everyone head back on to track start a race and simply line up all the podium cars and maybe the rest of the field lined up or scattered behind them. This would save any confusion at the end of the race would still only take an extra 5-10 min.

That's also a good option.. Reason why I want it all to be done straight after the race (Before officially finishing it) is to have it all in 1 replay. Will look awesome in the replay. 👍

If we could hire a virtual pit girl to visit us in victory lane I might just buy into this pomp and circumstance stuff. GTP_Wow comes to mind.

After some extensive tuning of the Corvette, to get rid of its horrid understeer. (I can't stand understeer I like my car to be very pointy ;)) Ive managed to get my best lap down to a 2:13.895 :D.

Back