GTP WRS-Online : Special I - Silverstone Mixed Class Enduro - Feb 22/23

• Thread starter oink83
  • 562 comments
Ooooo 2 cars i loved in GT5. So let me get this straight, instead of qualifying submissions, its just done in a lobby with someone watching your EVERY move?? (Both classss)

Yes.
Can you handle the pressure :eek::mischievous:

Yea I'm ready for long race that's where I'm goid at for long haul. Oh yea I didn't know what choose for race my first one these. I sign up for gt3 for primary and gt1 for secondary but I don't know what that means really.I figure Imeans I drive the gt3 class and gt1 a back up.
Yes, unless at a later date you decide to strike off GT1 altogether, having one as reserve, one as primary, means you will set a qualifying lap with both classes, then a decision can be made which you will race. If you think you will only have time to practice one car or something, then just choose that as your primary, and "no" other car.
Ooooo 2 cars i loved in GT5. So let me get this straight, instead of qualifying submissions, its just done in a lobby with someone watching your EVERY move?? (Both classss)
Yeh, it can be quite nerve racking the first time you do one of these observed qualifications, but you gotta start somewhere and this method will be used in events down the line for sure. It's a good learning experience :)

Yeh, it can be quite nerve racking the first time you do one of these observed qualifications, but you gotta start somewhere and this method will be used in events down the line for sure. It's a good learning experience :)
Love the track and love the car, don't see a problem other than time.

I've never actaully been verry nervous for those since I don't think it's much different than the 2 lap qually we do for the weekly races.

Tonight I made a setup for the McLaren F1 GTR "GT1".

Bart, I can't get all those gear ratios to work at the same time... same problem that occurred from time to time in GT5. Does anyone know how to make this work?

Bart, I can't get all those gear ratios to work at the same time... same problem that occurred from time to time in GT5. Does anyone know how to make this work?
Try changing to a different tuning sheet to get the tranny reset. ("B" seems apt here ;)) Leave the Max Speed (Auto Set) alone and go set the individual gears first. The default for Max Speed is 211mph/338?kph.

EDIT: On second thought...maybe not. :(

Tonight I made a setup for the McLaren F1 GTR "GT1". It handles pretty well, on both new and pit stop tires. It rewards trail braking without becoming unstable. It's also very agile in the high speed direction changes. If you are having problems with the traction zones you could maybe add +0,05 or +0,10 rear toe. The gears are obtained by setting the final gear to 4,225 and then setting top speed to 220 km/h. Then set each individial gear and the final gear setting mentioned in the tune below. Have fun!

View attachment 109445

The only way to get the gears:
  1. Start with a default transmission (final gear 3.100, max speed 340 kph/210mph)
  2. Set the final gear to 4.225
  3. Set the max speed to 220 kph/140mph
  4. Set each individual gear to the setting in the image
  5. Set the final gear to the setting in the image (2.846)
  6. Burn some rubber :D

Interesting...very interesting event. You have my attention; let's see if I get sucked into a long one (race). :lol:

Stuck a practice time on the board. Just started working on my own tune, I'll post it up here because I did try Bart's and it didn't quite suit me, but it's not done yet.

Just to confirm : I will be running FULL LENGTH practise races, just like in GT5 ;) I will announce in the this thread when these will be organised. So let's start some practise now :)

Just to confirm : I will be running FULL LENGTH practise races, just like in GT5 ;) I will announce in the this thread when these will be organised. So let's start some practise now :)
if you want to i have a lobby open right now for some practice :D
@ 1472-6399-8365-2931-8403
CLOSED!

Last edited:
Hy guys... So.. I read everything in OP in first page.. and if i did understand it good, i must first do the registry run GTP_Registry qualifier and then join? Registrations are still open?
Yes, and yes. Good luck on your Qualifier. Don't rush it, put in a decent effort so you get placed in the correct division. 👍

Well, it says that deadline for GTP Registry qualifier are done days ago ( January 13 )... That doesn't matter, i can still post my time for this endurance? Sorry to bother you..

The first deadline of Jan 13th was for the first batch of submissions. That part should not be in there anymore because the Qualifier is always open for submissions from now on.

Opened another practice lobby number: 1472-6118-4130-9223-6434 or again just add GTP_Mika.

ROOM CLOSED!

Last edited:
Quick question: :confused: Are these races all-or-nothing or can we cherry pick just one to race? If one does not want to run the Support Races and just run the Enduro or vice versa, is it possible to pick just one race? Sorry if it says somewhere in the post, but I didn't see it; lots of information in there to read through still.

Yes you can race any of the races or none, up to you. Just 1 is fine. But also plan to pre-qualify, as it determines your start position and is a good thing to experience. 👍

Just to add a little more, you could even choose to run the qualification and not even race the race. If you would like to try one of the observed pre-qualification sessions and get a feel for how it is and what the pressure can be like, you're welcome to qualify, even if you don't think you will race the full enduro.

Apart from that, as Lucas said, all the different races are their own individual thing :)

Hm.. a quick question.. What does support race means? does it need to be run like some kind of need for the final enduro race on 23 January?

Hm.. a quick question.. What does support race means? does it need to be run like some kind of need for the final enduro race on 23 January?

It's just a formal practice race. You don't have to run it, but it is used to practice for the real thing on Sunday. I highly recommend trying one so you can get used to the multi car class traffic.

Back