GTP WRS-Online : Special I - Silverstone Mixed Class Enduro - Feb 22/23

• Thread starter oink83
  • 562 comments
Oh nice.. I think i will able to run it.. Cool.. But it doesnt last as long as sunday race? 2.4 hours?

It's a shame that I'm going to have to miss the first special, but good luck all and have fun.

Oh nice.. I think i will able to run it.. Cool.. But it doesnt last as long as sunday race? 2.4 hours?
Nope, it will be around the same length as our normal weekly races around an hour. We'll add some more information on the support race at some point soon.

Does anyone tried to make pitstop? Everytime I go to pit (OnLine room in freerun or race) room crashed.

Last time I made a pitstop at Silverstone it went fine, so I don't know what is causing your problem :confused:

I had the same problem crashing after pitting too. Like, the entire room itself just self destructed. I'm not sure if it works out @jammy21 but avoid using room settings like minimum pit stops or having to change tire. At least that's what I believe is the problem.

Yeah I did tested this more and here how's I could make it work in my own room:
-create your own room
-change track to one where you know that pitstop work with your car
-go track and run freerun and go pitstop
-exit from track after pitstop
-change track to Silverstone
-go track and now pitstop work!

I'll need to test what happen when I'll enter room that were created by other person to see will pitstop work for me or would it be DC or some other crash.

Edit: I did one more test. You/me don't have to go track at all after room created. Only change track (to track where you know pitstop work with this car) after created room and then change track back to Silverstone and pitstop work!

Last edited:
That's really odd that you guys need to do that. It's been fine for me so far. Do you know if you get this bug joining another persons room that is already on silverstone?

So here's my setup for the MP4 it's not finished yet but it's pretty stable and nothing to crazy to handle. Should be good for anyone that want's to run GT1 and needs a tune ready or for people that want a base tune.
I've done some testing on camber because it's bugged I will post my findings tomorrow afternoon. This is also why i have no camber on this tune but I will explain futher tomorrow.

Last edited:
In the OP:

Qualifying Deadlines

GT1 Class

Sunday, February 17th (10:00 PM Pacific)

GT3 Class

Thursday, February 21st (10:00 PM Pacific)

Sunday is the 16th and Thursday is the 20th.

Or is it 'the 17th is Monday and the 21st is Friday'? :)

I signed up for the GT3 class. I just ran about 20 laps, very fun car to drive on the track. The sound of the shifting in that car is nice too. I have wanted to try one of these, but was apprehensive, time to jump in.

In the OP:

Sunday is the 16th and Thursday is the 20th.

Or is it 'the 17th is Monday and the 21st is Friday'? :)
Sorry about that, fixing it shortly.

Just in case anyone was looking for other/more tunes, I have added a selection to the OP. You will find them in the spec sheet for each car, so far 3 different pre-made tunes there so if you're looking for a starting point, there's a bunch to choose from there.

Quick question, I have already filled out the form and looks like I have a spot in the GT3. If I refill out the form to put the GT1 down as a maybe, then will I lose my spot I already have?

So here's my results of testing the camber bug. Ok so the setup that I did all of this with is the one I posted before. And I drove 8 laps with every tune to get consitant results on lap times and tire wear. The three times are always the last three laps of an 8 lap run. Do keep in mind that I was just warming up with the first tune and that I can probably still go faster around this track.

So the first thing I tried was having 0.8 front camber and 1.3 rear with 0.20 toe on the rear. This tune felt quite neutral and drove quite nicely although it was a little bit tail happy through some of the slower corners and a bit hard to drive if you made a small mistake.
Times: 2.00'876 - 1.59'241 - 1.59'785

After that I removed all the camber so I had 0/0 camber and 0.20 rear toe. This made the car understeer quite a lot but did remove some of the oversteer in the slow corners and was a lot more forgiving when making a mistake. What I also noticed about this was that my front tires were wearing really quickly compared to my last run.
Times: 1.58'923 - 1.59'237 - 1.59'586

Then I tried no toe on the rear to see if that would fix the understeer still running 0/0 camber. This felt a lot better car was now pretty stable and easy to controll the understeer was fixed and I ran my fastest time yet with this. The tires also didn't wear as aggressively and a lot more gradual between front and rear.
Times: 1.58'942 - 1.58'730 - 1.58'858

So as last to confirm my thoughts about camber I ran 0 camber front and 1.3 rear with 0 rear toe to see if this would make the car handle any worse, and if it became slower. The car became a lot more difficult to drive again aspecially going over cerbs the rear wheels would loose grip. It had a bit of an weird mix of having a bit more understeer but having a lot more turn in aswell which also resulted in the car becoming tail happy through slow corners again.
Times: 1.59'294 - 1.59'365 - 1.59'294

Conclusion: So what camber is normally supposed to do is give you more grip going through corners. It doesn't seem to do that now in gt6 the only thing it seems to do is make the car loose grip the more camber you add. This can result in two things either you use it to your advantage to give the car more turn in thus reducing understeer. Or it makes the car loose so much grip that you become slower and the car becomes more difficult to drive this is what happens to the MP4.
I'd stay away from camber for now unless you can use it to get rid of some understeer.

@oink83
With regards to the replays being checked after the race, i've noticed when racing for longer than 48 min, a message appears in the coloumn on the left hand side (can't remember what it says) suggesting that 48 min is the longest replay that can be recorded, is this true? as i've never saved a replay to check i don't know.. but as the race is 2.4 hr it may be an issue...

Never had a problem with the pits at Silverstone, but I have found out that on the last lap, going through the pits is quicker than using the track.. had it used on me, damn cheat beat me by 2 sec :lol:..

@oink83
With regards to the replays being checked after the race, i've noticed when racing for longer than 48 min, a message appears in the coloumn on the left hand side (can't remember what it says) suggesting that 48 min is the longest replay that can be recorded, is this true? as i've never saved a replay to check i don't know.. but as the race is 2.4 hr it may be an issue...

Never had a problem with the pits at Silverstone, but I have found out that on the last lap, going through the pits is quicker than using the track.. had it used on me, damn cheat beat me by 2 sec :lol:..

I've seen that message too, for the first time in the M4 race we did. Despite the message, it actually continues recording until the end of the race like normal. I haven't raced races longer than an hour, but seems like the message is incorrect. Fortunately! ;)

@oink83

Yup as Bart said, that message often comes up for hour long races and whatnot, but seems to never be true. The video in the OP is footage from GT5 where the same thing apparently happened, but clearly saved because we had all those replays :D

I think it's the largest replay size you can export, but as mentioned the replay will continue to record.

So here's my setup for the MP4 it's not finished yet but it's pretty stable and nothing to crazy to handle. Should be good for anyone that want's to run GT1 and needs a tune ready or for people that want a base tune.
I've done some testing on camber because it's bugged I will post my findings tomorrow afternoon. This is also why i have no camber on this tune but I will explain futher tomorrow.View attachment 110850Gearbox is based of this now with custom final gear but will be redone soon i'll update it then.
http://praianogt6tunes.blogspot.com.br/2014/01/mclaren-mp4-12c.html

Did you buy a rear wing to adjust the downforce to 100? My default is set to 80 with no option to adjust. I don't think I saw the option to add a rear wing in the specs, maybe it is implied that you can by allowing adjustments to downforce.

Edit I see in the event picture the car is pictured with a rear wing.

Last edited:
Did you buy a rear wing to adjust the downforce to 100? My default is set to 80 with no option to adjust. I don't think I saw the option to add a rear wing in the specs, maybe it is implied that you can by allowing adjustments to downforce.

Edit I see in the event picture the car is pictured with a rear wing.
This?
  • Aero: Up to Max Aero Allowed (rear wing at 100 DF)

This is a tempting event, is there still room left for the Sunday classes or is everyting full?

This is a tempting event, is there still room left for the Sunday classes or is everyting full?
There's room. :)

The last registration image update for the Sunday race failed, so next time it runs it will show that there are 17 confirmed and 7 reserve.

Back