GTP WRS-Online : Special I - Silverstone Mixed Class Enduro - Feb 22/23

• Thread starter oink83
  • 562 comments
Going to have to do something about my tune understeers like hell after the first pit.That will screw up handeling for the first stint though, but that's only a smaller part of the race. I hope that this pitstop tire bug get's fixed soon.

PS3 just froze. I hope the lobby survived. Thanks for the practice guys!

Going to have to do something about my tune understeers like hell after the first pit.That will screw up handeling for the first stint though, but that's only a smaller part of the race. I hope that this pitstop tire bug get's fixed soon.
I watched you for a while, observing your shift points and lines, it helped a lot. I knocked off over a second from what I was running yesterday, thanks. I never got to the 1 58s, but I was close to getting 1 59s.

I don't have time to practice with both cars so I am going with the GT1.

I ran some practice for about an hour tonight and every time I went into the pits for new tires the room crashed!

Let's see if today I have more luck understanding this track, so far I'm way of pace here:banghead:

Got a room open: 1472-6681-3630-4563-2313

Room closed, still no luck to figure this track out, getting quite frustrated.
Tried out Mika's tune and its good, thank you for sharing 👍
Still the car feels terrible for me, lots of understeer and twitchy on the exit of the low speed corners.

Last edited:
I used your tune for abit and found the same thing so I lowered the front ride height slightly to 68 mm and dropped the front arb down 1 makes the first stint a bit more positive on turn in but on second it returns to a neutral balance

I used your tune for abit and found the same thing so I lowered the front ride height slightly to 68 mm and dropped the front arb down 1 makes the first stint a bit more positive on turn in but on second it returns to a neutral balance

Ok i'll try that and see how it handles gonna make some changes with my setup first before i update my tune. If you guys are wondering about balast by the way i have the 2 kg's at - 50 %

Room open number: 1472-6399-8408-2429-0610 or add GTP_Mika.

I'm out but there's still some guys driving. Tested some stuff with tunes and tires. The 2nd stint hards are really terrible on the mp4 can't really get a good tune for them. Can't really get rid of the understeer and even when I can't even controll the car anymore on first stint tires because it has so much oversteer it's still understeering badly on 2nd stint tires. I also drove a few laps on mediums wich are a lot nice on the 2nd stint a lot less understeer, the car still doesn't want to break grip on the rear tires but it's a lot better. I strongly suggest to start on the medium's for the mp4 don't know how this is for the F1 but i'm getting pretty tired of the hards on the mp4. I really hope PD fixes this bug before this race.

Last edited:
Room open number: 1472-6399-8408-2429-0610 or add GTP_Mika.

I'm out but there's still some guys driving. Tested some stuff with tunes and tires. The 2nd stint hards are really terrible on the mp4 can't really get a good tune for them. Can't really get rid of the understeer and even when I can't even controll the car anymore on first stint tires because it has so much oversteer it's still understeering badly on 2nd stint tires. I also drove a few laps on mediums wich are a lot nice on the 2nd stint a lot less understeer, the car still doesn't want to break grip on the rear tires but it's a lot better. I strongly suggest to start on the medium's for the mp4 don't know how this is for the F1 but i'm getting pretty tired of the hards on the mp4. I really hope PD fixes this bug before this race.

One idea we tossed around during the practice session was to start on mediums, pit on lap one get the glitched mediums then race on the pit glitched mediums for the rest of the race. If you (race stewards) have calculated the speeds you wanted the MP4s to run on, was the racing hards, this idea might work. The glitched mediums are just slightly slower then the new hards. The pit stop hards are a handful, it is a long race to fight the car after the first stint. Or we can just scrap the pit on lap one and use the new mediums for the first stint and then use the pit mediums for the rest of the way. We can't do the 2 tire type strategy as many will never be offered the tire they did not start on.

@mika012397 @patrick19602005

Did you try braking a bit earlier for the corners after the pit stop.

I,ve just ran a few laps after the pit on RH tyre's and found it ok, as the pit bug gives you a bit less grip I just broke half a car length earlier and found the c ar more stable than before the pit.

My quick tune.

I 2014-02-09 16.28.08.jpg 2014-02-09 16.28.26.jpg

@mika012397 @patrick19602005

Did you try braking a bit earlier for the corners after the pit stop.

I,ve just ran a few laps after the pit on RH tyre's and found it ok, as the pit bug gives you a bit less grip I just broke half a car length earlier and found the c ar more stable than before the pit.

My quick tune.

IView attachment 113329 View attachment 113331

Gonna give that a go now see how it feels.

Room open number: 1472-6118-3738-3249-8016 or add GTP_Mika.

Sorry paul can't use your tune I can't get past 2'10's when i'm getting below 2 min consistantly on my tune on the first stint hards. Strangely i'm getting 2'10's on post pit hards aswell on your tune but the car is pretty difficult to drive and has a lot of oversteer for me. I also tried the second stint hard tires again on my tune and i'm still only getting mid 2'01's max so seems like setup has to do something with it aswell. Seems like you have to find some magical thing in the setup to get the car to be the same speed on both first and second stint tires.

Gonna be afk for a while in the room will be back later.

Room closed.

Last edited:
Tyres Announcement

We are going to be sticking with the tyre regulations as stated in the OP. So first stint will be fresh RH's, after that you will of course be on bugged tyres. So you may want to consider tuning for the bugged tyres, and just make do with the pre-pit ones, since you will be racing for most of the race on bugged tyres.

Qualification

As a reminder, the qualification window is now open!

GT1 deadline: Sunday, February 16th (10:00 PM Pacific)
GT3 deadline: Thursday, February 20th (10:00 PM Pacific)

Just registered for the race, hope i manage to qualify and race
Please fill out this form. You're not showing up on the registration tables until this is completed.

Registration Instructions

The following must be performed only one time per driver (not per event):
  • Submit the 3D3 Racing Online Driver Database Entry Form. Your information will need to be verified before you are added to the db and before your ID will appear in the registered driver table above. You can view the official driver database here.

Are we allowed to use a qualifying setup or are we locked to a setup for race once we qualify ?

You can switch setups between quali and race.

PS> This is a "pre-quali" system so a dedicated quali setup is allowed. It's useful too as you don't need to make room for the draft in your gearing. On the other hand, during our weekly races you cannot switch setups between "pre-race" quali and the race itself.

You can switch setups between quali and race.

PS> This is a "pre-quali" system so a dedicated quali setup is allowed. It's useful too as you don't need to make room for the draft in your gearing. On the other hand, during our weekly races you cannot switch setups between "pre-race" quali and the race itself.

Thank you for the reply means I can have a aggressive set up for qualifying as it's a large time margin between a qualifying setup and car in race set up especially when you need the car to perform with the tyre bug after you pit

With this now locked into place i'll release two updated tunes soon one will be the same which I will use in qualy just updating the weight on that. And the other will be my race tune.

I have to cancel for this event. Kirkwood got 82" of snow (finally) and the family is off to the mountains that weekend.

I had my first serious session with the MP4. I wanted to see how low I could get the tires before I had to pit. I could not find the proper brake points once the tires got down to 5/6 and about 25% left in the tank. I think that might be my limit. Has anyone else tested this? I've never done a race this long, so any thoughts on pit strategy would be greatly appreciated.:dopey:

I also tried to execute the driver change procedure and failed miserably. I'll need some practice doing that.:boggled:

Ok here are my updated tunes. Might update one more time if I can find something that makes the car handle better on post pit tires. Thanks to @skyline1683 for the tune suggestions, the changes are based on that with a bit higher rear bb and lower front spring rate.

To get the gears use this and then just change the final gear: http://praianogt6tunes.blogspot.com.br/2014/01/mclaren-mp4-12c.html

Qualy Tune:
MP4 GT3 Qualy tune.png

Race Tune:
MP4 GT3 Race tune.png

Last edited:
GT3 Class Announcement

Because this is a very long race, a car which has had an oil change will lose power before the end of the race. For this reason, you have 2 choices to combat this effect:
  1. Buy a new car before the race, and don't oil change it.
  2. Run an oil changed car 300km so it is at original power from before oil change.
Additionally, to compensate for this, the following change has been made to the power limiter in the specs.
  • Power: 502 HP Maximum (w/PL=83.2% no oil change)

Back