GTP WRS-Online : Special IV - Laguna Mixed Class Enduro - Apr 29

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 665 comments
I was very close to Kev until the end of the first stint and even attempted to make a pass with Blair in between us, but I ran out of road way too quick and had to tap the wall to avoid an incident :rolleyes:

Jon, I recall you getting close when I was behind Blair, and saw you drop back.

Hope I did not squeeze you out? That was certainly not my intention, and I did not know you made contact.

I don't recall for certain where it happened? For an incident like that, I'd have to assume the kink on Start Finish Straight?

Anyhow, was good racing for a bit while it lasted, nice for you that the pit bug did not present.

See you in the next race if you are running.

Kevin

The A lounge is open for pre-race practice. Those of you in B room are welcome to join A for now until the B room opens or until we fill up A if you want to get a jump on practice.

I'm not going to be running NAT 1 (since we aren't close to 16) so I can check internet during the race... much easier that way actually.

I'm sorry guys. I thought I would get my work done in time for the race but it looks like I won't.

Anyway, Tim took it into account already so hopefully it won't cause any problems. I think I don't especially need these practise races anyway, it would have just been for fun.

P.S.: No wheel for the race tomorrow.:(

EDK
Jon, I recall you getting close when I was behind Blair, and saw you drop back.

Hope I did not squeeze you out? That was certainly not my intention, and I did not know you made contact.

I don't recall for certain where it happened? For an incident like that, I'd have to assume the kink on Start Finish Straight?

Anyhow, was good racing for a bit while it lasted, nice for you that the pit bug did not present.

See you in the next race if you are running.

Kevin

The start finish straight would have been a better choice :D it was after the kink heading up to the corkscrew :dunce:.
You got a little held up and started to pass on the right of blair and at the time there was enough room to his left but it closed on me and resulted in light contact with his rear quarter panel and me hitting the wall to reduce speed. Blair made the corkscrew comfortably and I had no damage.

The start finish straight would have been a better choice :D it was after the kink heading up to the corkscrew :dunce:.
You got a little held up and started to pass on the right of blair and at the time there was enough room to his left but it closed on me and resulted in light contact with his rear quarter panel and me hitting the wall to reduce speed. Blair made the corkscrew comfortably and I had no damage.

Now I remember.

Blair was driving down the middle, I picked right, you picked left. ;)

If it's not too late and if it won't cause shuffling a lot of people around the rooms, I will also join the race in room B.

Guys I'm really sorry I won't be able to make it after all. Something came up and I'm not at home right now. I will be here tomorrow though for sure!

Congratulations T-L for the GT and overall win :bowdown:.

Amazing job Scott for winning the LMP, I was putting in decent laps but you never got closer. Keep it up tomorrow 👍.

I had two incidents, one a coming together with Tim, and a spin on that quick left handed kink in T3.

I've got decent tire wear. On the last stint on lap 13 I ran a 1'19.3 (which ain't bad).

Looking forward to the race tomorrow :).

Well done T-L and Scott, both in a class of your own today 👍

I had a great time, early with Speedy, EDK and Litchi all around I was a bit to enthusiastic, made a few mistakes dropped to last and burnt up my rear tires enough for the car to lose some of it's balance.
I pitted after 10 laps then reeled of a number of low 23's and moved into 2nd as the rest of the GT cars pitted(T-L was long gone).
My times were just starting to hit 1'25 when I pitted from 2nd just in front of Litchi on Lap 25.
In the last 8 laps I caught up to Welsh with a PB lap(22.1), passed when he ran wide at the kink.
Then EDK held me off for a lap and a half before getting a good run at him up the main straight(up onto pit rumble strip to leave room) and completing pass into turn 1.
Shortly after I caught Speedy and got through thanks to a small mistake at the start of T2.
With 3 laps to go I caught sight of Litchi and was closing fast. We entered the last corner together and Litchi got a nice run out of the corner and finished 0.3 seconds ahead with Tim in between us.
I'm still buzzing and looking forward to the main event more than ever :D

Thanks guys,👍

That was a lot of fun. I chose a different setup for this race, changed the brake bias, and it was not only faster, but more stable and better tire wear. It felt really good. I had one off on lap 3 I believe. I was following Gooners and got on the brakes a little late for turn 5. Dirty air didn't help but either way I have to adjust for that better. After that I started to get comfortable and watched the lap times drop when I saw the end of Tim's spin which collected Gooners in the process. I had to let up but snuck by both of them. If that hadn't happened I think I would've been destined for 3rd in class, Tim and Gooners are fast and consistent, but I ran clean and consistent laps from there on out. Pace felt good and at one point I think I ran 3 consecutive laps 1'16.6 and lower. Incidents helped, but I was happy to hold onto the class victory. I had a great time racing the GT class, in fact I think it was more fun than Spa. Everyone raced eachother really cleanly, I didn't have any contact and as far as I could tell didn't make any questionable passes. Let me know if I did. Great job T-L for the overall win and everyone else who ran. Really a lot of fun. Good luck to everyone competing tomorrow.

Scott

Congrats to Mark and Scott! Great drives guys.

A race to forget for me for sure. After forgetting to take my simulated driver change at my 1 and only pit stop, I had to pit the following lap to sit for 30s = Race over. Mark pitted around Lap 12 I think which made me believe he was on a 2 stopper so even with his 7s? lead at that time, I felt the race might still be on. Sadly, I crashed after letting the first LMP car through as it felt like I picked up the draft and carried too much speed into the next turn and misjudged it. Then my pit error (which I nearly decided to call it a day for) meant it was all over. The rest of the race included another crash immediately after being passed by an LMP car, then some errors of my own as the frustration grew :)

Oh well. Win some, lose some! :D

I wanted to upload some pics of Support Race 2. First 5 or so are GT Class and LMP fields by themselves and the rest show the awesome racing we had. The sixth pic shows the aftermath of WRP and Gooner's collision and how I took the LMP lead. Sometimes it's good to be lucky.;) There seemed to be more mixed class passing going on than the Spa Enduro which made it really interesting. The 8th pic shows it, you can spot 7 cars in that shot! Anyone on the fence about doing these races needs to take a look at these pics and consider signing up the next time WRS puts one on, always great racing when you are with the WRS guys. I had so much fun I can't believe the REAL race hasn't even happened yet.

MazdaRacewayLagunaSeca_8.jpg

MazdaRacewayLagunaSeca_7.jpg

MazdaRacewayLagunaSeca_6.jpg

MazdaRacewayLagunaSeca_5.jpg

MazdaRacewayLagunaSeca_4.jpg

MazdaRacewayLagunaSeca_3.jpg

MazdaRacewayLagunaSeca_2.jpg

MazdaRacewayLagunaSeca_1.jpg

MazdaRacewayLagunaSeca.jpg

MazdaRacewayLagunaSeca_9.jpg

MazdaRacewayLagunaSeca_11.jpg

Nice pics Scott. Would be nice to race you tomorrow, but good luck. Take it easy on poor Lucas. :sly:

Going to get some more practice and tunning in main lounge. I'll be in the room for awhile but might not be at ps3 all the time.

EDIT: Left room got my set up for the race

Last edited:
Getting excited...:D

EDIT:
I'm planning to open the GTP_3D3_B lounge around 11:20am PT (25min from now). I won't be at the PS3 right away, but will return to it around 12:00pm PT (1hr before race start-time).

Last edited:
Good Luck to all the drivers racing today 👍
Wish I could gave been there myself - but that's pretty obvious :)

I'll be tuning into the stream to watch parts of the race so be sure to give me a good show :cheers:

Hi all. I don't find where is the Simulated Driver Change rule for the main event. If I remember correctly, it's a 5mn break between 1h-1h30 on the race clock. Am i right?

Hi all. I don't find where is the Simulated Driver Change rule for the main event. If I remember correctly, it's a 5mn break between 1h-1h30 on the race clock. Am i right?

That is correct.👍 Make sure the 5 minutes doesn't start until after the lollipop is raised, when the camera switches to 'in car'.

Good Luck to all the drivers racing today 👍
Wish I could gave been there myself - but that's pretty obvious :)

I'll be tuning into the stream to watch parts of the race so be sure to give me a good show :cheers:

We miss you, Marc! I'm still using your 4-speed tranny! :dunce:, or :mischievous:, not sure yet.

As Scott said that's correct. 5 minute pause somewhere in the time window between 1 hour and 1 hour 30 minutes on the race clock.

Also, no lapping procedures during the formation laps for the enduro. The LMP cars will leave starting grid first, form up and run their formation lap and start the race at the end of their single formation lap. the GT cars will follow at a safe distance and also start their race after 1 formation lap.

The GT cars should try to start fairly quickly after LMP so that there is time for the GT cars to spread out a little before the LMP cars begin lapping. However, not too close so that if there are any turn 1 issues in LMP the GT cars don't get involved.

I would say if the GT cars are just rounding the final turn when the LMP cars hit the start finish and accelerate it should be a good gap... definitely not any closer.

Unless we have any last minute cancellations here are the lounge assignments:

enduro_laguna_lounge_assignments_final.png

Lounge A will be open in about 10 minutes.

Good luck for tonight guys! Look forward to reading some write-ups. Hope it all goes smoothly 👍

Just a warning to everyone: Take it slow and careful entering the pitlane! If you cut the grass there or go in too fast, it will glitch you, which is something you don't want to happen in a race like this. Good luck guys 👍

Back