GTP WRS-Online : Special IV - Laguna Mixed Class Enduro - Apr 29

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 665 comments
There is no YT video for the GT Class Quali podium like this one?:

I'll get to it after I do the job I'm getting paid for. :sly:

OK, here are the preliminary lounge assignments for the enduro on Sunday:

enduro_laguna_lounge_assignments_prelim.png

Notes:
  • Lucas (Gravitron) was fast enough to qualify for A, but we are short on LMP drivers AND need an admin/steward in race B and he was kind enough to volunteer. 👍
  • GTP_Dramamine is going to make a "late" qualifying run for LMP tonight. Pending that qualification he will start at the back of the LMP-B field as shown above. If that doesn't work out he'll shift to GT-B where he's already run his qualification (1'25.691) and would start fourth behind GTP_ty00123 and in front of GTP_AspecBob.

You better speak up if:
  • Your name is on the list above and you can't make it Sunday
  • Your name is NOT on that list and you are expecting to race Sunday

There is a couple drivers that failed to show up for qualifying or contact us and they've been dropped from the Sunday enduro and Saturday support races.

We are still figuring out what to do on Saturday as far as lounges. It looks like we'll be in one lounge for the early race. Please update your status if you are on reserve as soon as you have more information.

Last edited:
Congrats to all who put in the effort to understand the rules and format for qualifying, and 👍 to those who joined the GTP_Registry in the process.

:bowdown: and :cheers: to Tim for his organization, coordination, and tireless efforts to set up quality events, time after time. It's an honor to be a part of this.

Thanks again to the additional stewards who stepped up to help qualify people. 👍

Looking forward to a great battle in the B lounge! :gtpflag:

We are still figuring out what to do on Saturday as far as lounges. It looks like we'll be in one lounge for the early race. Please update your status if you are on reserve as soon as you have more information.

I'am still unsure if I will make saturday so as you have a full room i'll drop of the registry, but if I do get on saturday night and you see me online feel free to send me a message if someone does not turn up.

I'am still unsure if I will make saturday so as you have a full room i'll drop of the registry, but if I do get on saturday night and you see me online feel free to send me a message if someone does not turn up.

There will be 2 rooms on Saturday, held in GTP_3D3_A and GTP_3D3_B (if theres more participants). Everyone should get to race hopefully.

There will be 2 rooms on Saturday, held in GTP_3D3_A and GTP_3D3_B (if theres more participants). Everyone should get to race hopefully.

Not entirely accurate. Everyone who "confirms" will get to race. Those that remain on reserve and cannot commit are not guaranteed to get a spot on Saturday.

As of now we are going with one lounge for the 11:00 AM pacific support race as there are 13 confirmed drivers. That means that there will be three open spots in the lounge for reserves and that's it. First come, first serve for the reserves to fill the remaining spots. Drivers can change their status today, but as of 10:00 PM pacific tonight if you haven't confirmed, you will not be guaranteed a spot.

For the late race it looks like we may go with 2 lounges, but we'll make that call after the morning race and drivers can change their status up until that time (About noon pacific). If there are enough confirmed drivers to support two lounges we will run two lounges otherwise we'll run a single lounge and the same rules apply.

Deadline to change your status for first support race: Friday, April 27 @ 10:00 PM Pacific (Sat 28 @ 05:00 AM GMT)
Deadline to change your status for second support race: Saturday, April 28 @ 12:30 PM Pacific (Sat 28 @ 07:30 PM GMT)

Both early races will be held in GTP_3D3_A with mics-disabled. I will be hosting that lounge with a NAT 1 connection so do not join the lounge for pre-race practice until you see that's I've opened it and posted to this thread. I will not be able to open that lounge until about 40-45 minutes prior to the race. If anyone wants to practice earlier they can jump in the main lounge where mics will be enabled and move over to B when it's open. Make sure you arrive in B at least 10 minutes prior to race time or you may lose your spot if someone else is waiting.

If we need to use a 2nd lounge we'll run in GTP_3D3_B.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lucas, welcome to B.:cheers: Should be a lot of fun.

I'm having calibration issues with my wheel yet again and re-installing game data only works until I exit the game and then it's off again. Thrustmaster support wants me to re-install firmware and try to calibrate manually. Funny thing is I asked about the press start select and mode at same time manual calibration and he said never do that. The email instructions tell me to do it.:dunce: Hopefully I can get it sorted out.

@ Strunz You are not on the GTP_Registry, and its too late to submit a qualifier time as the events on Sunday. Although we have weekly Wednesday races, if you decide to join the registry. Look here for all details

enduro_laguna_lounge_assignments_prelim.png

Notes:
  • Lucas (Gravitron) was fast enough to qualify for A, but we are short on LMP drivers AND need an admin/steward in race B and he was kind enough to volunteer. 👍👍👍

• Look forward to racing with you all in room B, some good times there to try and keep up with 👍

Here's the qualifying podium video for the GT Class:

Jon and myself are practicing in the main lounge.
Feel free to join.

I'll try and get up to speed after 5 days of no PS3 access. :scared:

Here's the qualifying podium video for the GT Class

Looks like I might have been ahead until I braked too early for the Corkscrew ;)

Although, in the few short races I ran with Mark (GTP_T_L) the other night, he was killing me there anyway and now he's going even quicker!! :nervous: Hopefully my awesome tyre wear will make it interesting :rolleyes:

Hi whats the 'main lounge' ???

It's a private lounge we use to practice and race together.
Away from public interference. ;)

EDIT:
I hit a 22.7 again but I still have work on the setup for when the fuel drops and tyres wear out.
Don't know if I'll still find time to take care of that. :scared:

Last edited:
I'm PM'ing you instructions. These questions have been answered countless times already.

Tim, I'm still trying to find the problem with the DCs yesterday. However, spending some time leaving the online status up with Jon hosting and Ren in the room, there was no DC.

Gonna try again in a little while [watching the draft] to see if the problem {Verizon] rectified itself. If so, I could fill a need if you need another body for the GT Support in an emergency. I just don't want to be a detriment with a DC during the race....providing I could even last long enough online to qualify.

So far today, no DCs from any sight, so I hope it was just an anomaly.

Holla if I can help. :)

Right now, I don't know if I can make the Enduro on Sunday :(. It seems we're supposed to be at a birthday party 1 hour before the race starts, however there are reasons for us not going, hence my uncertainty :indiff: As I know more, I will be sure to let you guys know. Sorry for the vagueness, but I really hope to be there for the race.

I should be good for the first Support race and possibly the 2nd. I'll update my status right now.

When will start the "B" Lounge on Saturday?

You signed up for the 2nd race on Saturday. It starts at 22:00 GMT. We don't know if there will be 1 lounge at that time, or 2 lounges, until we see how many people show up. If you show up in the wrong lounge, people will tell you. ;)

Please try to join the lounge 30 to 60 minutes before the race start time.

------

Thanks for the update, Nigel.

You signed up for the 2nd race on Saturday. It starts at 22:00 GMT. We don't know if there will be 1 lounge at that time, or 2 lounges, until we see how many people show up. If you show up in the wrong lounge, people will tell you. ;)
Please try to join the lounge 30 to 60 minutes before the race start time.
Ok, Thank You:tup:

Right now, I don't know if I can make the Enduro on Sunday :(. It seems we're supposed to be at a birthday party 1 hour before the race starts, however there are reasons for us not going, hence my uncertainty :indiff: As I know more, I will be sure to let you guys know. Sorry for the vagueness, but I really hope to be there for the race.

I should be good for the first Support race and possibly the 2nd. I'll update my status right now.

Are you sure we can be at the 1st support race without miss the FMSC Nigel?

(This is why i chosen the 2nd support race)

If we get one cancel from room A we won't make any changes to the lounge assignments, but if there are two cancels we may pull a driver up from B to even out the fields. Hope you can make it Nigel.

Gooners and I are in the main lounge. Ran a 1'15.4 tonight and ready for the races. 👍

OK, registration for the early support race is now closed to new confirmed drivers. We are running in one lounge (GTP_3D3_A) only with mics disabled and there are 16 spots.

The following 14 drivers (in starting order) are guaranteed a spot:

LMP:
  1. GTP_WRP001
  2. GTP_w-g-e
  3. GTP_gooners_17
  4. GTP_mcfizzle
  5. GTP_EDK
GT:
  1. GTP_Welsh-Bain
  2. GTP_jtv90069
  3. GTP_MadMax86
  4. GTP_GT54life247
  5. GTP_otxjto
  6. GTP_MilleRSVR
  7. GTP_Allibubba99
  8. GTP_Racingworld
  9. GTP_Daz

If any of you listed above can't make it please use the form to cancel in the morning and also post to the thread.

That leaves two spots available to the three reserves on a first come first serve basis:
  • GTP_ealirendur
  • GTP_AspecBob
  • GTP_Biffy

If there are open spots in the lounge with 10 minutes to go until race start I'll post to the thread.

I will open the "A" lounge about 40-45 minutes prior to race time. If you want to start practicing earlier use the main lounge and come over to A when I announce it's open.

Please review the following from page 1 of this thread prior to the race tomorrow:
  • support race formation lap and start procedures
  • mixed class racing etiquette
  • simulated driver change rules and specific "pause" times for the support race
Ask question here on the thread where it's easier to get answers and come to the lounge as prepared as possible.

See you all tomorrow!

Back