GTP WRS-Online : Special VII - Le Mans Dream Car Enduro - Sept 9

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 499 comments
Looks like I'm in for the start for sure unless any last minute emergency pops up. 👍

Frank, are you going to open the lounge and post here when it's ready?

I think it's safe to use the main lounge for this race, but if you'd rather stick to B that's fine too.

B Room is now open for pre-race practise

oeps Tim, just set it up :)

Please note we will race in the same format as the actual endurro on Sunday, so 5 minute stop between 1h and 1h30 is a must. We will also do a rolling start, starting from the point as explained by tim (first straight, yellow house on the left, few hundred meters before the chicane). We will start once Mich and Litchi have entered the room.

I'll run a little late, GF is watching Belgium's got talent...:sly:

Quite the dropout rate today... We started with 11 and we're down to 6 guys on track at my break. Not sure if it was DC's or just quits.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to make any of the races. Should I leave my registration as reserve, or should I cancel it to make things easier comes race time?

I'm not sure if I'll be able to make any of the races. Should I leave my registration as reserve, or should I cancel it to make things easier comes race time?

Leave as reserve if there is any chance.

As far as making decisions on room splits we'll just assume anyone on reserve is NOT going to make it when we decide. That could mean reserves get "locked out" because we end up with 16 in one lounge or it could mean they can show up last minute if we have a B lounge.

Fun race guys. I completely missed the start, I thought the start line was the yellow house just before the chicane so I was asleep at the wheel in 4th gear when everyone just took off! :D

Mich I'm not quite sure what happened on lap 5. You were lagging quite badly on my screen and one moment you were drafting behind me and the next there was a loud bang and I was pushed off track and saw you spinning around in the grass behind me. Hope it didn't mess up your day too much. :)

Leave as reserve if there is any chance.

As far as making decisions on room splits we'll just assume anyone on reserve is NOT going to make it when we decide. That could mean reserves get "locked out" because we end up with 16 in one lounge or it could mean they can show up last minute if we have a B lounge.

I'll leave it as-is since there's a 50/50 chance I'll be able to make either support race or the main event.

Fun race guys. I completely missed the start, I thought the start line was the yellow house just before the chicane so I was asleep at the wheel in 4th gear when everyone just took off! :D

Mich I'm not quite sure what happened on lap 5. You were lagging quite badly on my screen and one moment you were drafting behind me and the next there was a loud bang and I was pushed off track and saw you spinning around in the grass behind me. Hope it didn't mess up your day too much. :)

You didn't miss it yanaran, Litchi jumped it and at that point there wasn't much we could do. We'll have to do a better job on the weekend of making sure the pole sitter knows where it is. During pre-race we'll have him drive to the spot and verify they acknowledge. :lol:

Mich was so laggy for me at the start it freaked me out. I think it messed up Litchi too because the 2nd chicane something happened to Litchi. Then I got by both of them for the lead, they drafted me and Mich was everywhere at the same time. Behind me, beside me, in front of me. I had no idea where to go and ended up spinning into the wall. :dunce: First to last in the span of 30 seconds. It was actually quite fun for a few laps trying to get through traffic and then it got a bit lonely. But I did learn a few things and definitely have a good strategy worked out for Sunday now.

By the way you were sick fast today. 👍 I ran a few 3'51 during the race and lost 2-3 second per lap anyway. Not much a guy can do when he run his best lap and still loses that much ground. I was just glad after my lap 1 adventures to finish before the timer ran out.

Last edited:
I was planning to do at least a little practice tonight, but am attached to the offline TT at the moment, so can't check the lounge. Please post here if you're headed into the lounge, and I'll claw myself free. :dopey:

I'm in the main lounge for some practice. I have uncharacteristically forgotten to break the Roadster in yet, so I've yet to run a single lap there, which has the benefit of keeping me focused, I guess.

Quite the dropout rate today... We started with 11 and we're down to 6 guys on track at my break. Not sure if it was DC's or just quits.

I left too, was too tired to continue.
Pushed PS button and shut the system down while I was in the pits, probably giving the lounge the impression I was DC'ing, leaving without the exit text.
Wanted to make as less as possible distraction with the pop-up messages for everyone.

PS: My tyremanagement is the worst, will need 5 pits during the enduro. :ill:

Good luck to everyone in the races this weekend. I've decided that my taking part in the races could potentially put my PS3 into a Yellow Light of Death situation and I'd rather that not occur.

The fan on my PS3 wasn't acting the same way a few weeks ago.

Decided not to do the enduro 2.30 hours will make my race end at 1:30 am, quite late

You're living in Chicago, right Mamba?

If so, I think you miscalculated the time for the Enduro.
Use this link to see what time it starts and ends for your timezone

Our family plans change for the weekend when i got influenza. Now i can join in saturday practice races.
Yesterday full race practice was much needed.

WRP it's still my fault for not paying attention. I guess it's karma for making a joke about your reaction times pre-start. ;) In the end it didn't matter much as it seemed like everyone overshot the first chicane on cold tires :dopey:

Since I won't be racing sunday I think I'll share a few things I learned in the practise race...

The car loses a lot of power over the race (I ended with 25 less). This means that tire wear will be much better towards the end. So if you're doing uneven stints (I think most will do 7,7,7,6,6), do the short stints first and save the longer ones for last. I did 6,6,6,5,5,5 and last two stops it felt like I had almost no wear when I pulled in, but by then I had no choice.

Refueling: First stop you should take 15l because you want to get the weight down as quickly as possible, and you get 15l "for free" while the crew changes tires. The rest should be evened out so you only carry with you enough fuel to last your next stint, plus maybe 1 lap reserve. I refueled 15,15,40,30,20 (last stop I used the auto-fill + 2l).

A thing I noticed when doing my 5 minute stop was that if you hit start right after choosing how much fuel to put in, the car slows down way below the regular pit lane speed. In a close race this might cost you a few seconds and maybe lose a position. Don't pause until the car pulls into the box. :)

Lastly, don't overtake on the straight from Mulsanne leading down to Indianapolis. It's narrow, bumpy and you really don't want to go into the high speed right-hander side by side or in dirty air. Ease off the throttle and tuck in behind. ;)

Good luck 👍

Speedy6543
You're living in Chicago, right Mamba?

If so, I think you miscalculated the time for the Enduro.
Use this link to see what time it starts and ends for your timezone

No speedy I moved to Kenya this summer which is GMT +3 so a bit late

You didn't miss it yanaran, Litchi jumped it and at that point there wasn't much we could do. We'll have to do a better job on the weekend of making sure the pole sitter knows where it is. During pre-race we'll have him drive to the spot and verify they acknowledge. :lol:

Aye aye, Sir! :dopey:

I'm sorry for my lag, my connection had trouble yesterday I do not know what was happening I did not open any web ... I'm sorry :(

Thanks for that guide Yanaran. I was trying too hard trying to make 8 lap stints where I barely could make 6 laps.

@ Mamba: ok, makes sense.

Sorry guys for yesterday, but my black screen issue on my samsung is getting worse :nervous:

Couldn´t see anything when the night cycle begun, so I decided to quit the race. Hopefully it will be ok today and especially tomorrow.
Next week I´m getting my new Philips LCD so this mayhem will finally be over :)

Jonas, thanks v much for those tips. I need them. This will be my 2nd ever GT5 online race, the first being the enduro at Spa. I went into that with no clue at all, fuelled fully almost every time and took 5:45 at the break because of epic maths fail.

This time I hope to be a bit more on the ball and those bits of knowledge will help a great deal.

Does anybody think 7,8,9,9 is possible?

:cheers:

Back