GTP WRS-Online : Special XII - WRS 2.4 at Daytona - Feb 23/24

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 295 comments
Ran a bit in the lounge earlier. Posted my best lap with split. The car feels pretty nice until you start pushing for those final few tenths and then things become more dangerous... a snip of grass and a long spin ensues.

I'm hoping to get an hour in the lounge around 8:30 Pacific...

EDIT: in the lounge kicking around the LMP...

Last edited:
Had a go in the Bentley, still 1.2 sec off your best lap Tim.
I'm using TCS but it doesn't really work the way I want it to work. :ouch:

Well, it really doesn't matter if you use the method recommend by JTV.

Yeh, i made that post before all of you guys replied, but for some reason its ended up way further down the thread? maybe some strange glitch, lol. Wasnt just me not reading properly, honest! :nervous:

But yeh, I had a couple of "alternate" accounts anyway, so just ran the seasonal for the ticket, so dont worry about gifting me anything if you havnt already.

practiced my driver sim so I don't screw that up this time. Love this track, looking forward to being a lot more competitive.

I am headed to the 3D3 main lounge for some Daytona practice, come and join me!

Al

I was having a dilemma; watch a movie or join the main lounge. You made my decision easy Al, I'm on my way. :D

What wast the movie? Just trying to gauge your priorities ;)

Perfect, I gifted myself 1 level 22 ticket, and another from kind sould at the 3D3 account gave me one...I redeemed both at once...and got 2 of the C5R on my first try. Sod's Law at work once again ;)

Thanks anyway for the helping hand thought much appreciated.

Great practice session today. I dropped 2 seconds off of my PB! Thanks for the tranny Speedy!

Al

Perfect, I gifted myself 1 level 22 ticket, and another from kind sould at the 3D3 account gave me one...I redeemed both at once...and got 2 of the C5R on my first try. Sod's Law at work once again ;)

Thanks anyway for the helping hand thought much appreciated.

So does that mean you are joining us for practice?

So it doesn't get burried on the last page here is the sign up form:

------------------------
Daytona Enduro Practice
Sunday, February 3

Interest:
  • GTP_WRP001 | ~18:00 GMT - 22:00 GMT | 80%
  • GTP_n0iZe | ~19:00 GMT - 21:00 GMT | 70%
  • GTP_mcfizzle | ~18:00 GMT - ? | 75%
  • GTP_Hasslemoff | ~20:00 GMT - 22:00 GMT | 50%

To sign up: Quote this message, remove quote tags and add your name to the list if you are interested.

Yes, Ill be there! Will be eating dinner around this time at some point, but that wont be for long.

Interest:
  • GTP_oink | ~18:00 GMT - 22:00 GMT | 90%

To sign up: Quote this message, remove quote tags and add your name to the list if you are interested.

Ok guys I need a level 22 ticket so I can try and get the Vett, Any one have a spare kickin around?

Ok guys I need a level 22 ticket so I can try and get the Vett, Any one have a spare kickin around?

If you send your friend requests to the 3D3 lounges I'll send you a ticket. I just went on to send it before the daily gift deadline, but you weren't on the list.

If you send your friend requests to the 3D3 lounges I'll send you a ticket. I just went on to send it before the daily gift deadline, but you weren't on the list

I sent in a FR too the 3D3 lounges, the first one says it is at its max number if friends but the 3D3_A and 3D3_B took the requests

I sent in a FR too the 3D3 lounges, the first one says it is at its max number if friends but the 3D3_A and 3D3_B took the requests

Thanks. I'll clear out some of the inactive users and send you are request from that account. Then once you accept it I'll send you a ticket. In the meantime send me a friend request to my main account (GTP_WRP001) and I'll send you a ticket from there... if you have two tickets it's easier/quicker to get the car you want.

EDIT: OK, sent the LVL 22 ticket from the 3D3 account.

Last edited:
I can't access the raw logs. It says I don't have permission.

Try it now. The link used before was the "non published" version which did require special permissions, but the new one should work for anyone.

Also....

NOTICE: After a practice with a few GT and LMP cars on the track yesterday we are *strongly* considering adding a Hi RPM Turbo to the Corvette.

The speed difference between classes is a bit too much at the moment and we've already dropped the power on the Speed 8 as far as we would like. Without the turbo the speed difference at the start/finish is at least 40 km/h and going into the bus stop it's well over 20 km/h. The speed gap drops about 10 km/h with the turbo. According to JTV and Speedy the Corvette's handling characteristics or level of difficulty does not change significantly. It should also drop the lap time gap between classes by 1.5-2.0 seconds.

All specs will be final before the start of qualifying.

Did some practise, starting with the corvette :

Best lap (640HP) 1'42.129
Best lap (740HP) 1'40.124

------------------------
Daytona Enduro Practice
Sunday, February 3

Interest:
  • GTP_JTV | ~18:00 GMT - ? | 85%

Last edited:
I'm almost 0% now to make practice. The youngest has the flu bug and it's going to be one of those days. :( Have fun.

I should be able to make some practice today.

------------------------
Daytona Enduro Practice
Sunday, February 3

Interest:
  • GTP_Speedy6543 | ~20:00 GMT - 21:30 GMT | 90%

I have about 30-45 minutes... I'll try and join and see how long I can stay.

Okay, I'm coming in for some practice...

------------------------
Daytona Enduro Practice
Sunday, February 3

Interest:
  • GTP_Speedy6543 | ~20:00 GMT - 21:30 GMT | 90%
  • GTP_gmmatthew | ~19:40 GMT - 22:00 GMT | 99%

Thanks for the practice session, was very nice to get some practice with other cars around. From some rough estimates in the Vette, fuel is gunna last somewhere around 32 laps. Tyres ware pretty slowly as well, but will probably need a change before then anyhow.

Thanks. I'll clear out some of the inactive users and send you are request from that account. Then once you accept it I'll send you a ticket. In the meantime send me a friend request to my main account (GTP_WRP001) and I'll send you a ticket from there... if you have two tickets it's easier/quicker to get the car you want.

EDIT: OK, sent the LVL 22 ticket from the 3D3 account.

Thanks for the help and the ticket, I also sent you a friend request too your main account.

Thanks for the practice session, was very nice to get some practice with other cars around. From some rough estimates in the Vette, fuel is gunna last somewhere around 32 laps. Tyres ware pretty slowly as well, but will probably need a change before then anyhow.

Anyone else have any findings about the practice today?

Al

Anyone else have any findings about the practice today?

I think we also decided that we are gunna run the corvette without the turbo. It seemed to allow for slightly easier passing for the bentley, and also made the corvette a little easier to drive. I didnt get into the bentley, so I dont really know much regarding that 👍

Back