GTP WRS-Online : Special XII - WRS 2.4 at Daytona - Feb 23/24

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 295 comments
I think we also decided that we are gunna run the corvette without the turbo. It seemed to allow for slightly easier passing for the bentley, and also made the corvette a little easier to drive. I didnt get into the bentley, so I dont really know much regarding that đź‘Ť

The admins are leaning [heavily] toward running the Corvette without turbo (i.e. at the specs already listed in this thread). I'm just waiting for a bit more feedback before we finalize this on Thursday at the start of the qualification window.

If any of you have driven with and without turbo feel free to comment. At this point there has to be a strong case for a change. IMO, the turbo didn't reduce the speed difference enough to warrant the extra challenge it creates for GT drivers entering the bus stop. And the turbo can make managing passes in the infield harder as it's less likely to establish full overlap before the next braking zone.

The admins are leaning [heavily] toward running the Corvette without turbo (i.e. at the specs already listed in this thread). I'm just waiting for a bit more feedback before we finalize this on Thursday at the start of the qualification window.

If any of you have driven with and without turbo feel free to comment. At this point there has to be a strong case for a change. IMO, the turbo didn't reduce the speed difference enough to warrant the extra challenge it creates for GT drivers entering the bus stop. And the turbo can make managing passes in the infield harder as it's less likely to establish full overlap before the next braking zone.

Im going to go into the lounge tonight to run some lap's, If anyone wants to join feel free. I should be on around 20.00 GMT.

Ill try the Corvette with a Turbo aswell.

I should be there around the same time than you Paul, 20:00 GMT. See you then.

I need to get comfortable overtaking Vette's in the Bentley.

I need to get comfortable overtaking Vette's in the Bentley.

I need to get comfortable overtaking Bentleys in the Bentley. :lol: :dopey:

I need to get comfortable overtaking Bentley's in the Vette.:)

I think the speed difference between these 2 cars is gonna cause serious problems.
Especially in the in-field with worn tires in dirty air,the Bentley will bite your A$$

Last edited:
I think the speed difference between these 2 cars is gonna cause serious problems. Especially in the in-field with worn tires in dirty air,the Bentley will bite your A$$

We've dealt with it before. Fuji was no picnic as far as overtaking in 100R or even between the hairpin and Dunlop. I'm confident our drivers will show respect for others and do their best... and stay alert to what's going on around you (behind you)... that's all we can ask really... mistakes will happen.

Great practice today. The highlight for me was listening to Speedy as he completed his first 1'30.X lap. :sly: Of course he doesn't record the splits in the leader board. :mischievous: Wes came and blew my best lap out of the water. By the end of the session I got within a tenth, but could beat his lap.

A couple things I learned.

Passing the GT cars isn't going to be that bad. I'd venture to say it's going to be easier than Fuji. Nothing as bad as catching a GT car at 100R that's for sure. You can pass in two places in the infield if you use the right technique... brake early / exit fast -- isn't that always the right technique?

Passing another LMP is difficult. Just when you get the momentum to pass you reach the braking point for the bus stop or turn 1. Following close in the bus stop trying to get a good run has it's own difficulties. I thought this was going to be a passing frenzy, but it's turns out I was wrong. It's easy to gain time on the guy in front and stick with him... it's a different story to actually complete the pass.... at least in the LMP class.

Joining lounge soon to give the Bentley a shakedown and slap on a basic tune.

EDIT: Out. Spent more time lawn mowing than driving :lol:.

Did someone subscribe me to the thread :dopey:. Thanks!

Last edited:
blast it! Turns out my GTP_b00gee60 account doesn't have the corvette. Anyone got a 22 ticket they can spare? I'm only in this class so I have no need for the LMP.

Thanks.

blast it! Turns out my GTP_b00gee60 account doesn't have the corvette. Anyone got a 22 ticket they can spare? I'm only in this class so I have no need for the LMP.

Thanks.

I sent you one from the 3D3 Racing Garage.

Thanks but I got the Zonda. Is there a way to tell what car you will get before I use it?

Thanks again.

Nope. You need to back up your save data (to a usb drive) and then use the ticket. If you don't get the car you want then just re-load the save from the usb drive and try again - and perhaps again until the right car appears.
You can also do it using the auto backup, but I've always used a usb backup to be 100% safe.

Nope. You need to back up your save data (to a usb drive) and then use the ticket. If you don't get the car you want then just re-load the save from the usb drive and try again - and perhaps again until the right car appears.
You can also do it using the auto backup, but I've always used a usb backup to be 100% safe.

Guess I better go get a usb drive today :) thanks for the info

That last gift used up my quota for today so I can't send another ticket until after 4PM pacific.

Having the USB drive and having your save backed up regularly will eventually save you from trouble so it's well worth the small investment. I've had to use my backup at least 3 times in the last 18 month to recover from a corrupt save and it would have been quite painful to start from scratch. This is somewhat alleviated with the auto backup the system creates, but it's not bulletproof either.

If you can use the square button to receive all cars it will not save until you press OK when the list of cars comes up. If you don't get the required car just quit GT5 and try again. The downside to this of course is all your tickets will be used up.

If you can use the square button to receive all cars it will not save until you press OK when the list of cars comes up. If you don't get the required car just quit GT5 and try again. The downside to this of course is all your tickets will be used up.

Wish you could do this in the OCD. One button and just buy all the cars... would save me a lot of time.

I wouldn't try this "redeem all tickets" from my delivery truck though as I have 70+ tickets in there. :lol:

I wouldn't try this "redeem all tickets" from my delivery truck though as I have 70+ tickets in there. :lol:

Where the bloody hell did you save up that many from? :eek:

Where the bloody hell did you save up that many from? :eek:

Seasonal event prizes, A-spec events, car count milestones, etc. I never use the tickets as I already have almost all the cars in the game. :lol: They feature guys like me on a show called Hoarding: Burried Alive. :lol:

NOTE: My house doesn't look like that... just the delivery truck in GT5. :sly:

I think my truck has about 40 :) They're pretty useless when your garage is at 1100+ or so :lol:

Think I'm taking holidays that week - but other boss approval may also be needed :sly:

If I manage it, will likely be going Bentley this time. Unless I change my mind :dopey:

I'm in the lounge doing some well needed practice.
Feel free to join anytime đź‘Ť

EDIT: Out for today.

Last edited:
Hey endurro friends, I will be running my first full practise on Saturday night (right after the academy)

Saturday 09 february 22.00 GMT

1. GTP_Racingworld - GT
2. GTP_Straffestef - GT

A couple of people are looking for the Level 22 ticket in the Academy thread, If anyone could send me one it would be much appreciated.

Back