GTP WRS-Online : Special XII - WRS 2.4 at Daytona - Feb 23/24

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 295 comments
I'll try and be there. Depends on if I find a setup I'm comfortable with to run a full practice.

Saturday 09 february 22.00 GMT

1. GTP_Racingworld - GT
2. GTP_Straffestef - GT
3. GTP_PASM - LMP - 50%

So I'm running GT class and just got my C5-R a couple days ago. I'm still running break-in but close. Question on turn 6 how do get up to speed into the bank without spinning? I'm running around 1'43's in the lounge with a Priano tune and I'm sure that will get a bit better on break in but that blasted turn 6 is killing me :-(

An shortshift to third helps against the spinning wheels coming out of the infield.

So I'm running GT class and just got my C5-R a couple days ago. I'm still running break-in but close. Question on turn 6 how do get up to speed into the bank without spinning? I'm running around 1'43's in the lounge with a Priano tune and I'm sure that will get a bit better on break in but that blasted turn 6 is killing me :-(

I've been running Praianos tune as well with an LSD setting of 7/14/5, though I'm not sure if this will help any.

Technique wise, have patience and slowly feed in the throttle to around 50-70% while turning heavily, wait until you can see the exit apex before increasing through to 90+%.

Also, the exit is extremely wide, so whilst you will lose a bit of time, if you feel yourself slipping out, just let the steering out a bit, let off the gas a few %, and take the corner wider until you are in full control then accelerate up to 100%.

Hope I can make it. You got to love Frank's Full Practice Races 👍

1. GTP_Racingworld - GT
2. GTP_Straffestef - GT
3. GTP_PASM - LMP - 50%
4. GTP_n0iZe - GT - 60%

I'll be on a little over an hour from now, but can't decide if I'll be practicing this, or trying to whittle down my car list for the Parity Racing next weekend....or thrashing Tsukuba, for that matter. :)

I'll be on a little over an hour from now, but can't decide if I'll be practicing this, or trying to whittle down my car list for the Parity Racing next weekend....or thrashing Tsukuba, for that matter. :)

I am having the same issue, I am not 100% positive I will even have time to break out the wheel either. Looking for some inspiration!

Al

Right now I'm practicing in the main lobby. Just completed a 27 lap stint, which I found out to be the absolute limit of tires AND fuel at the same time. For me, that is a fuel economy of 3.741 L per lap.

Last edited:
Running some laps in the main lounge, still not comfortable with the track.
Feel free to join.

1. GTP_Racingworld - GT
2. GTP_Straffestef - GT
3. GTP_PASM - LMP - 50%
4. GTP_n0iZe - GT - 60%
5. GTP_gooners_17 - LMP - 70%

Bentley is pretty sweet! Had about 8 clean laps, 4 with Praiano's setup and got a clean 1'31.222 with full regs set. Could possibly get a bit more, but with a flickery throttle it's hard to be steady out of the turns, which is likely what costs me a little time.

Going into the lounge in a bit to run some laps.

Edit:embarrassed:ut, Didnt stay in long

Last edited:
In lounge practicing.

improving on turn 9&10..more than 1.5 secs off my time. Also times are within .100. Trying to be closer to you guys this time.

Last edited:
Anyone interested in some lead/follow today? I'm in GT class only.

Just an FYI.

Today, starting at 20:00 GMT and for most of tomorrow, the main lounge is reserved for the weekly event (Extra Kinky).

Saturday we'll be using the main lounge for the WRS Academy @ 20:00 GMT and then our first WRS Parity Racing event @ 22:00 GMT. If any of you haven't seen the thread about the Parity racing setup, you should check it out.

During these times feel free to use GTP_3D3_B to practice for the enduro and/or run qualification sessions.

I would like to do another full practise this weekend, any sugestions ? keep in mind that on saturday we have the academy and the PR. Saturday or Sunday during the day would be an option....

I would like to do another full practise this weekend, any sugestions ? keep in mind that on saturday we have the academy and the PR. Saturday or Sunday during the day would be an option....

Hey Frank,

that would be great 👍
I suggest to do it on Sunday @ 18:00 GMT.
Saturday will be pretty busy.

Hey Frank,

that would be great 👍
I suggest to do it on Sunday @ 18:00 GMT.
Saturday will be pretty busy.

Ok, I do have a F1 race later that night but I guess I could do a full practise before it ....

Qualifying Deadline

LMP Class

Sunday, February 17th (10:00 PM Pacific)

img.php

A reminder that there are only 2.5 days left in the qualification window for the LMP class. We haven't had a single qualifier to date in either class so I expect we'll be pretty busy over the weekend.

We're going to make a few last minute tweaks to the qualification rules (apply to both classes):

• A 1 second penalty will be added to any lap that follows a dirty bus stop exit.
    • In other words, for a lap to be considered clean, the bus stop exit from the previous lap must be clean.
    • That includes the first lap so the exit of the bus stop on your out-lap must be clean.
    • The usual penalty of 2 seconds applies to your current lap as well so be careful on the bus stop.
    • As usual, penalties will not apply if the "incident" clearly results in a loss of time (crash/spin/etc).
  • Driving backwards is prohibited at all times during the qualification race.
    • If you mess up the bus stop you cannot go back and try again for a better run.
  • Drivers have an option for a 3rd mulligan hot lap with an automatic 1 second penalty.
    • This is being introduced to deal with the "worst case scenario" where a driver completely messes up both initial hot laps with one incident in the bus stop.
    • Drivers should only exercise this option if neither of their first two hot laps is within a second of their potential.
    • Drivers should stop on track to signal to the steward that their qualification is finished.
    • Wait for the steward to review times before you exit the quali race.

Stewards:
  • Remember to set the lap count to 5.
    • If you forget the driver can run the 4th lap as their hot lap, but the final lap time will not be visible until you exit to view the replay.
  • All replays must be reviewed offline.
    • Times are not official until the lap has been reviews, no exceptions.
    • It's impossible to see the bus stop clearly from the observation view online so both steward and driver should be sure to save the replay.

In case of an infraction on a very close call it's possible the driver view is slightly different (micro-lag). A driver can contest a replay and provide their own version of the replay for proof of a clean run.

Good luck!

Incase people are intrested ; I will be probably(90%sure) running a full practise Sunday morning at 09.00 GMT in the main....

Racingworld68
Incase people are intrested ; I will be probably(90%sure) running a full practise Sunday morning at 09.00 GMT in the main....

No full pratice tonight then?

Is there anyone available to oversee a qualifying somewhere between 14.00 and 19:00 GMT? Thanks 👍

PASM
Is there anyone available to oversee a qualifying somewhere between 14.00 and 19:00 GMT? Thanks 👍

Hopefully I should be available at around 16.00 gmt to watch.

EDIT: Im in the lounge now if anyone else wants to qualify or just run some practice lap's, should be around for about an hour.

Last edited:
I'm joining you Paul. I won't be around a lot of today, but I'm just going to leave my PS3 in the lounge all setup for quali specs and be AFK. That way if someone needs a steward and I'm around I can watch... plus the room will just stay configured. If anyone joins and I don't respond then I'm AFK.

Only a little over 13 hours until the LMP deadline. Nobody has qualified yet. :scared:

***Lounge is closed for qualifying***

Please don't enter until I update this message.

EDIT: Lounge Open. Nice Run Bart.

Last edited:
Back