Premium
France
France
PureGT_Sam
GTP WTAC Week 08 : Old School !

1. Track: Grand Valley Speedway - Forward

picture.php

2. Cars : BMW McLaren F1 GTR Race Car '97 vs Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II

IMPORTANT ! This is a "VS" challenge : only ONE laptime is needed for the points ranking system, which means that if you run both cars, both laptimes will be in the leaderboards but only one -the best- will be used for the points ranking !

----------------

3. Cars specifics:

- Transmission: either
- Tires: R1 / R1
- TCS : at your disposal
- ASM : off
- Active Steering : off
- Driving Physics : Professional

All in-game quick-tune options are at your disposal (Press Triangle when selecting your car to add the car to your favorites and tinker with any available settings).

Hybrid cars, the use of CFW tuning or any other way of cheating is forbidden..

--------------------

4. Duration of the challenges : this challenge will start Monday Jul 5th 4:00 pm GMT+2 and will end Monday Jul 12th 3:59 pm GMT+2 (one week !)

--------------------

5. Time submission :

You'll have to post your Ghost Replay Data + Photo before Monday Jul 12th 3:59 pm GMT+2. If you missed the deadline, your laptimes won't be in the website.

--------------------

6. Rules :

You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) ! Just to remind you :
Clean or Dirty lap :
- Colliding with or using walls, fences, cones or other obstacle is forbidden. All times submitted must be 100% wall free.
- Two wheels (except when airborne, where the vertical projection of the car onto the track counts) must be in contact with the tarmac which does not include all green/grassed/sanded/graveled areas.
Rumble/ripple strips :
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's inside rumble strips and two off track is considered unclean
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's outside rumble strips and two off track is considered clean.

--------------------

7. LeaderBoards

The leaderboards will be on the website

--------------------

Good luck !

:gtpflag:

Last edited:
This Week ranking :

Division Point Ranking :

DIV 1

Gold. Lion-Face (12 pts)
Silver. Fuchur (10 pts)
Bronze. easyasashii (9 pts)

DIV 2.

Gold. Detroitbb (9 pts)
Silver. Frisbee
Bronze. Awaren

Good luck !

Hi guys ! I just finished my L-F Tuning (+ TCS 1) test session with the BMW McLaren F1 GTR Race Car '97 and got a 1'46.491 (posted my ghost data if you want to see the lap, not very good driving though...).

I guess with more practice with this settings, 1'45.xxx should be cracked, I don't really have a clear idea about a tuning but I think I'll try to stiffen springs/damper -as usual ;) ! I think stiffer springs/dampers suit me better-.

With precise tuning, we'll see Lion-Face way faster than that -I'm trying to give you a little bit pressure ;)- !

I don't know about the Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II but now that I have a better idea of what it is possible to do with the BMW -I might be wrong though !-, I'll test the Ford later tonight or tomorrow !

If someone already has something to say about the Ford, feel free to speak up ;) !

Good luck WTACers !

PS : for your information, when I tried the combo (June 17th), I had a 1'50.5xx with the BMW, 1'50.7xx with the Ford, both default settings, all aids off, 2-3 laps.

Attachments

• UCES01245RPLY-B6B9260A400.rar
    54.6 KB · Views: 9
Hi guys ! I just finished my L-F Tuning (+ TCS 1)

I guess with more practice with this settings, 1'45.xxx should be cracked

When i saw your times, it was like O_o "OMFG i knew it..."
I just got only 1'50,4xx with default set. and little bit adjusted camber angle (and TCS 0) I try to look once again on your description of L-F tuning and experiment with it. BTW how many laps did you go to get the right tuning? :)

L-F tuning means :

aero max
spring/damper divided by 2
all other settings 0

I added a TCS 1, that's all ! I ran a little more than an hour but started with arcade to earn money before Time Trial !

Your 1'50 is great !

Good luck !

hi friends!

i run that ford first. im down to 1.47.5xx. take me one hour( maybe two:)) come from 1.48.0xx to that . c ant imagine a 45 with this car....

maybe that bwm a little faster...for div only the better time count isn t it?

i m not shure what i should think about using TCS ! and you?

can we have a week with only one car one tuning ?

i run that ford first. im down to 1.47.5xx. take me one hour( maybe two:)) come from 1.48.0xx to that . c ant imagine a 45 with this car....

Thanks for sharing 👍 ! You ran with L-F Tuning or personal tuning ?

for div only the better time count isn t it?

Yes, only one for the div ranking !

can we have a week with only one car one tuning ?

Like the Clio - Motorland, absolutely yes ! I'll see what I can do for Week 10 or 11 ;) !

Good luck !

I've given it a few laps, probably about an hour or so and have hit a 1:45.5xx with the BMW Mclaren.

Its a tough car to run, being MR you have to run the car with some throttle through the corners to keep the car in balance, too much throttle and the rear end easily steps out. They are a very tough car type to master on the PSP.

My settings were...
Aero - Max/Max
Ride Height -2/0
Springs 3/3
Damper 3/4
Toe 0/0
Camber 0/0
No Aids

I've only hit that time once, it came out of nowhere and haven't really gotten close. One corner can cost you a lot of time if you don't nail it right. Majority of my laps are low to mid 1:46.xxx but that took me a long while to get to somewhere near consistent and even then I'm still in the 1:47's more often than I would like. The BMW is a tough car to run, and would recommend running TCS to get comfortable with the car/track combo.

I ran the Ford GT, great races against Zonda Viper and Chevrolet (if you're first at the first lap, you're ok, if not you'll have to race !!! Great fun ! And 111 000 if you finish 1st after 3 laps ;) !)

In TT with L-F tuning I hit 1'47.261 -wasn't easy- and I have to agree with Fuchur : can't see 1'45.xxx with her !

I guess I'll run the BMW :mischievous: ... I'll try your tuning L-F ! Thanks for sharing 👍 ! And yes, very tough car to master on the psp... We'll do very great with GT5 and DS3 or G27 !!!

Good luck all !

Last edited:
I ran the BMW yesterday night... and as Lion-Face said

Majority of my laps are low to mid 1:46.xxx but that took me a long while to get to somewhere near consistent and even then I'm still in the 1:47's more often than I would like.

Best clean laptime yesterday 1'46.687, and mostly ran 1'47.xxx laps... I guess it will be much more harder than I thought for me to crack the 1'45.xxx...

This challenge is more serious than fun actually... Very hard to be consistent...

We're working hard brothers 👍 !!! Keep on the great job ! We'll be more than ready when GT5 will be here ! Lots of drivers will only see our rear lights far far away ahead of them :D !

PS@Fuchur : Nice avatars by the way Fuchur ;) !

Good luck :gtpflag:

I think i will be glad if i make it under 1'50,000 :) Trying hard even with L-F tuning but i'm constantly hitting the 1'50,7xx

Hi guys! :D
I'm rest today from job! Very happy

Last week was very busy!
If today is not saturday, I must die :D
I ran the BMW yesterday night about 2 hours.. and time is...

1'45'8xx... If rear is less spin, I will shorter my time!

Setting is difficult... and i don't know about that similar. :(
So I run change setting many time.

Good race! guys! :D

Last edited:
Managed to do a 1.47.134 time but its difficult to control the wheel spin in 2nd gear specially on the exits of first corner and the hairpin using just psp buttons rather than having an analogue stick which is costing alot of time. No way I can see myself breaking into the 1.45s might be able to get into high 1.46s with some more practice though.

Attached replay data and picture of time with gtplant user name below.

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-B6B9260A401.zip
    58 KB · Views: 8
  • photo.zip
    432.8 KB · Views: 10
I don't have any of these cars anymore. I need someone to share with me. Closest thing I have is the Pagani Zonda LM, which is around the same as these. Is it possible for me to get in on the action with the Zonda?

Managed to do a 1.47.134 [...] No way I can see myself breaking into the 1.45s might be able to get into high 1.46s with some more practice though.

Welcome Sylar !!! I love your username ! Reminds me of Heroes ! Great times you have here ! I forbid you to post a 1'47.xxx for your submission time, I only will allow a 1'46.xxx from you ;) -just kidding, but I really hope you'll crack the 1'46 !- !

[...] Is it possible for me to get in on the action with the Zonda?

Obviously no...

However, as a TACer, you can propose a "Duel" or wait one week and try out the "Honor"...

EDIT : I had better laps with softer spring/damper (6x 1'45.xxx laps, all with spring 2/2 and damper 3/3 -max aero and all set to 0, TCS 1)...

Good luck !

Last edited:
Wow... fast times, Easy!

I got some respectable times yesterday (but nowhere near 1'45.xxx) and I hope to get a shot at improving them today.

:)

My time for this week is 1'49,823

pic:

I know... it's kinda slow time but i didn't have enough time to get faster (too much work, too hot weather and too much time spent with my gf at the swimming pool :cool: ) I will try harder on week 09 ;)

Attachments

• UCES01245RPLY-B6B9260A402.ZIP
    53.1 KB · Views: 9
I tried a few more times but was unable to get a faster lap that was clean.. and my son had to go home. I'm OK with my time, even though it isn't podium-worthy!

See you all next week!

:sly:

BMW McLaren F1 GTR Race Car '97: 1'46.834

46834.jpg

hi friends.

here my submisson for the week:

ford : 1.47.027
bmw: 1.46.766

again i have prob with the pic s

can t connect this cam to my computer...i try it later again..

2m2z39v.jpg

i m the only one with the ford ? why we run 2 cars ?

hey easy what tires we use in italy?

bye

Attachments

• UCES01245RPLY-B6B9260A409.zip
    55.3 KB · Views: 8
  • UCES01245RPLY-B6B9260A408.zip
    54.9 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
My submission

BMW McLaren F1 GTR Race Car '97

1'45.600

Hope it will be enough... [KOR]Adrine ???

Attachments

• UCES01245RPLY-B6B9260A400.rar
    54.8 KB · Views: 7
My Submission...

BMW Mclaren F1 GTR Race Car '97
R1/R1
No Aids
Pro Physics

1:44.920

dsc0055ll.jpg

Tough run this week! I didn't have time to get hold of the Ford, which I'm gutted about as I like to give both cars a run when I can. But the BMW took up all my time anyway. Cracking a 1'44.xxx was super hard. It was a good 70-80 laps to get from 1:45.039 to the 1:44.920 alone, let alone the number of laps I needed to get the low 1:45.xxx times.

Attachments

• BMW Mclaren F1 GTR Race Car.zip
    55.2 KB · Views: 11
I think i will be glad if i make it under 1'50,000 :)
My time for this week is 1'49,823

Mission completed 👍 !!!

too much time spent with my gf at the swimming pool :cool:

Lucky you ;) !!!

BMW McLaren F1 GTR Race Car '97: 1'46.834
bmw: 1.46.766

Very close !!!

i m the only one with the ford ? why we run 2 cars ?

That's a HUGE photo !!! Here is a smaller version :

Could you please quote my message, copy the link, edit your message and paste the link please ? Danke schön !

About the cars, I accidentally erased my 1'47.261 Ford's ghost with my BMW best laptime's ghost... You're right, I wasn't clear enough, I should have specify -as I used to do- that we may run both cars or choose the car we want to compete with.

About your question "why we run 2 cars ?" -> to spice it up a little ;) !!!

Moreover, we have 830 cars and it is hard to find an opportunity to run a lot of them so I thought it would give us a reason to try out some ;) ! And I usually try to find cars with quite similar potential so that we can compare and be able to find the "right shoe" ! I mean, we all have different driving style and I hope through these challenges we would be surprised by some of the cars -good or bad surprises ;)- and have a better idea of which car can do what. Having only one car for a challenge reduces the chances to compare, less fun, and still 830 cars (1 car a week, 830 weeks -> a little bit more than 2 years). And I usually try to make us run expensive cars : if you run one week with them, I think the 1 000 000 cr worth it ;) ! And they usually are great cars so more pleasure !

My Submission...

BMW Mclaren F1 GTR Race Car '97
R1/R1
No Aids
Pro Physics

1:44.920

Tough run this week!

Amazing :drool: !!!

And yes, TOUGH it was ! And "tough" would have been the correct adjective to use when I tried to "sell" you the combo... "fun" was how this combo seemed to be at that time...

But I'm glad we did it ! Was tough, but learned a lot !

IMPORTANT : this challenge is closed ! Great job guys 👍 !

Last edited:
Mission completed 👍 !!!
YAY i got that time only a little while after posted that reply
Lucky you ;) !!!
Thanks :) i'll drive a little bit more on this week and cannot wait to week 10 (i'm heading on a vacation and it's with one of my most favored car :dopey: so i will have a LOT of time to drive 👍 and next thing is that i will be back home right before the deadline so i catch it without any problems ;)

Nothing wrong with that! 👍
See you next week, Awaren!

I didn't complain :) i enjoyed it a lot :)

Back