GTP_Registry and GT6 - Aiming for Dec 22 GT6 Qualifier!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aside from "sleeee", it is more coherent that what lots of people can manage sober.

Back on topic, with the update, it seems that the last reasonable argument against the GTP_tag has been largely solved (money). Which means I better get diligent on logging on to my GTP account to build up a bonus for the seasonals. 6 million on the upcoming one should satisfy my GT accountants for a while. In addition to whatever I earn in unlocking the seasonals.

So the new qualifier and rules start this sunday. Any news on what the qualifier will hold yet? Its not that i feel i have a massive handicap, well i do, against season vets. Nice to know in advance as im usually busy this time of year.

So the new qualifier and rules start this sunday. Any news on what the qualifier will hold yet? Its not that i feel i have a massive handicap, well i do, against season vets. Nice to know in advance as im usually busy this time of year.

It will be a Time Trial but they will not give out any info beforehand.

The qualifier is open for a month though (I think), so you'll have more than enough time.

The qualifier is open forever isn't it? People join the registry frequently. Only time I remember it being closed was when a huge update changed the physics.

It will be open for the first month, then they will close it so they can process the initial entries. Once that is done, they will then re-open it at a later date.

Oh ok. Makes sense. I didn't race til week 3 so I missed that bit last time :)

I'm curious about one thing. Will the times to beat for inclusion in a specific division be pre-determined, or will they be based on the times submitted in the first round ? In the latter case, we would have to hope that a wide enough variety of drivers will be submitting.

It should be no different than any given weekly TT event in terms of how the bot figures out the times capable for the combo.

I still have no idea how it all works and I've been part of WRS for 3 years now.

I don't think there are any set times calculated or needed to be achieved. It's some sort of distribution model, and I'm guessing it's how many deviations you are away from the mean or median (or some combination of both) which determines your rank. Like D1 Bronze time is 2.33 away from standard deviation, D1 Silver is 2.67, and D1 Gold is 3.00, etc.

I’m hoping for a multiple of platforms or different size cars, it would make the qualifier a lot more divers. I’m really looking forward to the new WRS.

I was totally looking forward to this, but as from this evening my T500 is only giving 3/4 throttle.

I was wondering for ages why I could only finish in 10th place on the Redbull X 2014 event.

I'm absolutely gutted as the 1 year warranty expired 12 days ago. :mad:

So the new qualifier and rules start this sunday. Any news on what the qualifier will hold yet?

Yes. It will be in a car on a track. :sly: Or multiple cars/tracks. So be ready for anything. 👍

Mohit and Shawn are correct above, the qualifier will be posted for 3-4 weeks and then an initial batch of entries will be analyzed as an initial sample to determine the divisions and cutoffs.
Everyones' entry will include exported replays.

Instead of stressing over what the Qualifier will be (Dennis!:lol:), how about we share our favorites in GT6?

I have all Licenses and am 45% through the career. I've driven about 70 different cars, some more than others.
My current favorites are the LCC Rocket and the McLaren F1 GTR Base Model '95, although I haven't yet met a car that was crap.
Most have been driven stock and ABS=0 / BB=5/3. All have presented their own challenges and rewards. ;)

I took the McLaren to the Brands Hatch 15 lapper in the S Events, without looking at what the opponent cars were going to be. :boggled:

"Oops, is this a Super GT event?!? Well, let me get this over with quick-like and I'll come back in the correct car!" :dunce:

Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit_2.jpg

Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit_1.jpg

Stats:

dec20stats.jpg

Last edited:
I was totally looking forward to this, but as from this evening my T500 is only giving 3/4 throttle.

I was wondering for ages why I could only finish in 10th place on the Redbull X 2014 event.

Have you got the latest firmware updates and have you checked the brake via the PC calibration tool? Must have happened recently because yesterday I spent a fair amount of time beating my brains out trying to keep up with your blue line in the licence tests, I really need to be mores selective who I have as friends on GT6, slow guys can apply here :lol:

Hope you get it sorted mate 👍

Instead of stressing over what the Qualifier will be (Dennis!:lol:), how about we share our favorites in GT6?

I drove all kinds of cars so far,and can't mention a favourite one (yet)
But 1 thing is sure,no matter what combo the qualifier will be,it'll be tough for me.
I'm not used to the grippy tires,and this may take a couple of years before I will be :lol:
I compared 5 vs 6 (details here https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/5-vs-6-which-one-is-the-real-driving-simulator.293641/
Anyway,good luck all with the qualifier.
And use your GTP tag.
Please.
I know I will
:gtpflag:

Have you got the latest firmware updates and have you checked the brake via the PC calibration tool?

Yeah! Checked on the pc as well. The brake seems to be fine and the wheel is on the latest firmware.

I'm guessing I can invert the pedals for the time being, is that the way the pedals work? I'm not sure how easy it will be to get used to the pedals that way, but it will be much better than having no wheel at all!

Must have happened recently because yesterday I spent a fair amount of time beating my brains out trying to keep up with your blue line in the licence tests, I really need to be mores selective who I have as friends on GT6, slow guys can apply here :lol:

Hope you get it sorted mate 👍

Haha! I put in some quite good times on the earlier licenses, I haven't found the time to revisit the later licenses yet! :sly:

Have you tried calibrating the throttle by pushing it down less? I'm not sure if that'd help, but it's got to be worth a try. :)

Yeah! Checked on the pc as well. The brake seems to be fine and the wheel is on the latest firmware.

I'm guessing I can invert the pedals for the time being, is that the way the pedals work? I'm not sure how easy it will be to get used to the pedals that way, but it will be much better than having no wheel at all!

You can invert the pedal. I have mine in GT form rather than F1 form but if you don't want to do that then can't you simply swap the clutch pedal with the accelerator (physically move it rather than invert the pedal set)?

Edit: when I said brake earlier I really meant accelerator :dunce:

Last edited:

Well it's hard to tell in this stadium of the game. Be cause the career mode are almost all with SRF on. So that makes almost all the cars easy to handle. Since the glitch i haven't played that much be cause no need to do the career mode now and i'm very happy with that. Just continued with some license. Just saying that. Do we need a curtain part of the game unlocked for the qualifier? If so, i would love to know so i can unlock it already. Not that i have to play for hours tomorrow before i can start wit the qualifier.

Ask me about my favorite this coming summer then i probably have a couple :lol: But i like the Rocket though

I have all Licenses and am 45% through the career. I've driven about 70 different cars, some more than others.
My current favorites are the LCC Rocket and the McLaren F1 GTR Base Model '95, although I haven't yet met a car that was crap.
Most have been driven stock and ABS=0 / BB=5/3. All have presented their own challenges and rewards. ;)

I took the McLaren to the Brands Hatch 15 lapper in the S Events, without looking at what the opponent cars were going to be. :boggled:

I have all the licenses and all the stars, need a few of the coffee break type items and the new Red Bull challenge to finish for 100% completion. Cars I have used alot so far are the Vette C7, the new Ford Focus, the new Ferraris and many different GT300 and GT500 cars, these type cars are very nice in the new game, and the new physics on race cars is much improved. I also tried the Mary Pozzi Camaro, that is lots of fun to drive. I thought the licenses were easier in GT6, but maybe that is because GT5 was my first racing game I ever played, and I had no idea what I was doing. I like the new tracks and the improved looks of some older track like Autumn Ring. I am looking forward to the qualifier, no matter what it is. I am hoping we get many new participants and have a return of former participants that have not competed for a while.

I have had to stay away from on line the last 2 weeks, but will be returning soon. Verizon was in the neighborhood and somehow made my internet connection spotty at best. Fios will be turned on next week, so I should be good to go for the Wednesday events again.

View attachment 91199

Wow, that's a really nice green, I want it, what is it? Also, way to go with the ABS at 0, I should try that too. 👍

Pretty hyped up about the big revelation tomorrow! Almost as excited as the day before GT6 came out!

I've been trying to switch cars between every race, so can't say I have a favourite yet, although I do like that rocket car like a lot of people do. I've been having trouble with a couple of the 15th anniversary cars, namely the R8 and the Stratos (yes, with stock rims), but I saw that a lot of people were having trouble with MR cars in general in GT6 compared to GT5. I just need to learn to handle them, I guess (although there seems to be something weird about the R8, it's hard to even brake in a straight line without losing control -- was it Matt that started a thread about that car?).

Currently at 73% through the career. I often go back and forth between choosing a car that will make a race a bit of a challenge and getting the thing over with... but I guess there's no rush until the TTs start.

DTM
Well it's hard to tell in this stadium of the game. Be cause the career mode are almost all with SRF on.

Dennis, I think only a handful of special events and license tests have SRF forced on. Your run-of-the-mill career race always gives you a choice.

Ok, thanks Lucas, it wasn't very obvious from the pics that it was a chrome paint. The F1 "road car" has a really nice green also, but doesn't give a paint chip, unfortunately.

Personally, I'm hoping for D2, although the fact that the higher divisions started to swell up recently in GT5 might make the standards higher and so its tougher to reach the same level as GT5.

Personally, I'm hoping for D2, although the fact that the higher divisions started to swell up recently in GT5 might make the standards higher and so its tougher to reach the same level as GT5.
I'm looking to move up two divisions myself once I get my new G27 with a small upgrades to go along with it. I may even give active steering and the controller sensitivity a try this time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back