GTP_Registry and GT6 - Aiming for Dec 22 GT6 Qualifier!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know about you guys, but I am up for qualifying in this one :drool: Maybe Ferrari will apear in the LMP1 ???

FerrariLMP1.jpg

Or will the (in my opinion slightly daft) requirement of having to have a GTP_ prefix be removed? I genuinely see no reason for it bar a strange sort of elitism.
The thing about this particular elitism is, it has been largely justified. If we decide to drop the tag requirement, it won't be because you think it is slightly daft I assure you. Working towards having a GTP tag or using it as your main account, as many of us do, does show at the very least that you take your involvement in GTPanet's WRS seriously and is therefore an indication that we can expect a good attitude both on and off the track. We haven't made a decision on this just yet but its coming in the next few days of course. Believe me, though, calling a long standing tradition 'daft' isn't very diplomatic and isn't going to win anybody over.

The thing about this particular elitism is, it has been largely justified. If we decide to drop the tag requirement, it won't be because you think it is slightly daft I assure you. Working towards having a GTP tag or using it as your main account, as many of us do, does show at the very least that you take your involvement in GTPanet's WRS seriously and is therefore an indication that we can expect a good attitude both on and off the track. We haven't made a decision on this just yet but its coming in the next few days of course. Believe me, though, calling a long standing tradition 'daft' isn't very diplomatic and isn't going to win anybody over.

Just for the record Chris, I personally hope we get to keep and use the tag. I don't consider it to be daft or a form of elitism, but more along the lines of showing pride that you belong to a great fraternity that is full of very helpful and clean drivers. Its all about pride. :gtpflag:

Well I'm pretty sure the only reason this is even up for debate is the fact that it is near impossible to earn credits in the game, coupled with the removal of the car gifting and sharing system. Will make it pretty difficult to use the more pricey cars, and asking people to finish career mode twice may be a bit too much.

That being said, I too use my GTP account as my main and only account. Joining this community has made me 100x better at driving.

Well I'm pretty sure the only reason this is even up for debate is the fact that it is near impossible to earn credits in the game, coupled with the removal of the car gifting and sharing system. Will make it pretty difficult to use the more pricey cars, and asking people to finish career mode twice may be a bit too much.

That being said, I too use my GTP account as my main and only account. Joining this community has made me 100x better at driving.

I don't use my GTP account as my main, therefore I would have to grind through career mode again or do the money glitch thing. I will more than likely do the latter if its allowed by the WRS. If not, then I'll just grind through it again just so I can use my GTP account.

Not many people are going to do that Mitch, particularly with GT6's credit limitations... There were many objections to having to do that in GT5 and earning credits there was easy. Also, we can't fairly expect everyone to just do the credit glitch exploit.

I'm using my GTP tag and would prefer that every member of WRS do so. Simply be cause i will recognize everybody in the lobby. Otherwise i have to remember so many names for each person.

1. Nickname forum
2. Name on the WRS leaderboard (if not the same as forum nickname)
3. Real first name
4. Lobby name

I suck with names :banghead:

Thanks for everyone's input to the glitch "Chaaa Ching" I can't imagine having to do anything in GT6 now other than drive in the WRS events and not wast my hard to find time on "grinding"

Little Lefty is going to have the greatest shopping spree ever. This will make his Christmas wonderful 👍 What a great Christmas present for those who went for it :P

I don't see it being too big an issue, you can expect the WRS organisers to take this in to account and we'll end up a decent selection of cars. I don't think they'd be expecting people to be buying LMPs every week, plenty of fun cars to use that aren't expensive.

With how used cars are done now I think it should make the WRS easier than in 5 and I look forward to competing when I get my wheel set up again.

Would be disappointing to see the GTP tag requirement disappear.

My GTP tag is the same as my original psn user but with GTP_ at the start. but I under stand the issue, I may just platinum GT6 then switch accounts.

Here is a post from a discussion in the main lobby of GT6. It is about the fast deterioration of body rigidity after a few hundred miles. It may come into play as we start our TTs where some of us do lots of miles during the week. In GT6 all miles count whether on line, arcade or game play. The cost to fix the LMPs can be 500,000 credits, so it is not cheap. You can take your car to the repair shop to see if the game is saying you have a deteriorated rigidity issue. According to the thread not all cars suffer this effect, but if you notice your car not handling the way it used to, it is worth looking into this.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/body-rigidity-deteriorates-way-too-fast.292723/

For those of you in the GT6 main section who are just joining us, here's a quick summary of what we've learned so far:

- After a car is driven around 350 miles, its handling and top speed are significantly reduced. Some users report their cars being rendered "undriveable" and their top speeds reduced by as much as 50 MPH. The body wear does not factor in lateral G-forces or crashes (ie. you can drive 350 miles straight on Route X without contact and still have the issue).

- Body rigidity repairs cost up to 500,000 credits depending on the car's price. One user claims that the rate of credits acquired from grinding is about the same as the credits spent on body rigidity.

- The most likely cause of the issue is that the mileage timers for oil changes and body rigidity have been mixed up. The oil life reportedly lasts multiple times longer than in GT5. Our objective is to make aware of this issue to the developers and hopefully get them to patch it by switching back the oil and chassis mileage timers.

Good information Patrick. I've also been following an experiment between the two Chris' (vagabond and Stotty) that has uncovered a significant flaw with the implementation of the customer wheel rims. The net result is the unprecedented initiation of a thread by Chris (Vagabond) to inform the inmates masses... For now, stock rims are the way forward!

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...e-same-width-changes-grip-and-balance.294129/

@millross ...
Hoping the monetary shenanigans becomes a non issue with proper seasonal event payouts as the weeks go by.

Hope springs eternal (credits)

Seems your wishes have come true Matt. v1.02 was released this morning with consecutive login bonuses, increased career earnings and massive seasonal payouts. Seems that the Cr.20m loophole has been closed too...

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/1-02-update-live.294164/

Last edited:
Arcade doesn't count driving miles. They are dismissed when you finished races or time trials.

Edit: you have to quit back to Single Player to get miles dismiss.

Last edited:
Not many people are going to do that Mitch, particularly with GT6's credit limitations... There were many objections to having to do that in GT5 and earning credits there was easy. Also, we can't fairly expect everyone to just do the credit glitch exploit.

I understand, I was just giving my point of view. Whatever way you guys decide to go with this, I'll still be there with you guys, in a fraternity that I am most proud to be a member of. :gtpflag:

About the body rigidity bug, concerning TT's there's a small solution in order to don't spend credits, it's a small pain but it's better than a kick in the balls, if you save your game save in a USB pen before your first TT session, when your car begins to deteriorate you can reload that game save to restore your car.

Wow, they also got rid of the names online!
It's PSN tags again!

Great

DTM
I'm using my GTP tag and would prefer that every member of WRS do so. Simply be cause i will recognize everybody in the lobby. Otherwise i have to remember so many names for each person.

1. Nickname forum
2. Name on the WRS leaderboard (if not the same as forum nickname)
3. Real first name
4. Lobby name

I suck with names :banghead:

1 down :lol:

And off course forgot the mention. Pride to use the GTP_ tags. But that speaks for it self :gtpflag:

Aww that means i gotta work on my GTP_ tag account now but better with bonus' and higher payouts all round +1 for PD

I got one 20mil glitch done on my GTP account and now with the increased payouts I have no issues playing through both accounts :)
I've done nothing other than the glitch on my GTP account so will get the increased payouts through every level now...Roll on the qualifier :)
:gtpflag:

About the body rigidity bug, concerning TT's there's a small solution in order to don't spend credits, it's a small pain but it's better than a kick in the balls, if you save your game save in a USB pen before your first TT session, when your car begins to deteriorate you can reload that game save to restore your car.

Not sure if you can call it a bug, I did over 1000 km on the BMW M4 now and the only thing I had to do is change oil.... it probably only happens in racecars, wich after every race in RL need to be reconstructed again... Altough the prices seem pretty high, it is rather realistic.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back