GTP_Registry and GT6 - Aiming for Dec 22 GT6 Qualifier!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Germany
Germany, NRW
GTP_whiskyecho96
When do we start the weekly events with GT6 ? Release date is scheduled now to the 6th of December. Will we change immediately after the release ?
I guess most will order it for the PS3 anyway.

Only to think about preordering to have it in time.

What will you do ? Which version do you order ? The anniversery version has some special cars, do we use them ?

Started the thread to get some inputs from others.

I would think that there'll be a new qualifier, and before that the admins will need to develop it first. Can't imagine a qualifier until the new year to be honest and besides there is plenty of life in GT5 , especially now that we are able to run infinite arcade type events with no tuning 👍

We will hold our final GT5 WRS time trial event the week before GT6 launches. Experience has shown that interest in older games is quite low. Most people will be spending that time getting to know the new game anyway.

We will take a few weeks to prepare the qualifier, to ensure that our event choice is accessible, representative, and verifiable.

In general, we try to select combos that are broadly accessible, so we won't, in general, have events that can only be run by owners of a particular special edition.

We will have an official announcement at, or very soon after, the release of the game, that will give a more accurate version of our plans for the series.

We currently do plan on retaining our "GTP_" tag requirement for the GT6 WRS, so do make sure you use a conforming account as you work through the game if you plan on joining us!

WRS-Online will also discontinue all events in GT5 upon the release of GT6. However, we'll send GT5 off with a "bang" in November and we're planning events for GT6 almost immediately after it's launch. More info available here.

I am so looking forward to spending a few minutes on the new qualifier!:lol:

Using a GTP_Sandbagger account? :sly:

On a more serious note, I take it you're referring to the fact that you'll be busy with all the new cars and tracks, and it'll be hard to allocate time to running the qualifier?

Just FYI, the initial Qualifier submission period will be longer than 1 week, to allow a large pool of initial GT6 Registry members to be established. In GT5 that initial submission period was about a month.

I got kind of a dumb question here and maybe its because I feel like crap and not thinking straight, but once GT6 comes out, will I still be able to use my GTP_CargoRatt name or will I have to come up with something new? Not sure how all that works as I have never went from one game to another. Again, sorry for what may be a retarded question. :dunce:

As long as it conforms to the naming convention (GTP_), you'll be able to keep your name for GT6

Can someone please point me in the right direction via links on how to set up a PS3 GTP account to enable me to run a qualifyer at a later date.

Many thanks Bee_Bee9

Can someone please point me in the right direction via links on how to set up a PS3 GTP account to enable me to run a qualifyer at a later date.

Many thanks Bee_Bee9

Hi there. I'll preface this by saying that the naming convention for GT6 competitions has not been confirmed yet, so the following may change over the next couple of days.
  1. Create a new PSN ID that begins GTP_ . You'll need a different email address to your other PSN ID to create this
  2. Create a new user on your PS3 and to be safe, give that user the same name I.e. GTP_xxxxx where xxxxx is whatever your PSN ID is
  3. From that user account, sign in with your newly created PSN ID
  4. Pop in the GT6 disc and bingo
  5. NOTE: GT6 asks for a first and last name which is a different practice than GT5. The admins are deciding how to handle that as I type, but I know one use used a period or full stop as his first name and then his GTP_xxxxx as his surname. I have read that the name can only be changed three times but cannot confirm myself. I chose to use Carlos Fandango as my first and last names respectively, but I may regret that on the coming days.
Good luck and welcome 👍

@Lucas: a stock Boss 302 around Bathurst is a really nice drive. I'm trying to pace myself at the moment and keep away from the really quick machinery so I can savor the slower stuff! What I have noticed is that you can run a test drive from inside your garage at any track you have unlocked, and you can see splits in the replay and you can save your best lap as well which is promising....but then you probably know all this already.

@Lucas: a stock Boss 302 around Bathurst is a really nice drive. I'm trying to pace myself at the moment and keep away from the really quick machinery so I can savor the slower stuff! What I have noticed is that you can run a test drive from inside your garage at any track you have unlocked, and you can see splits in the replay and you can save your best lap as well which is promising....but then you probably know all this already.

I have been able to see the splits in the replay when viewed from within the test run, but cannot see the splits after saving and viewing from the gallery. Are you able to see the splits in a gallery save?

Didn't get that far Ron, good point! I guess if you can't then neither can I. Is there a datalogger function in replay theater that can do it?

I have been able to see the splits in the replay when viewed from within the test run, but cannot see the splits after saving and viewing from the gallery. Are you able to see the splits in a gallery save?
Splits can be attained the 'old fashioned' way - While watching replay in 'full screen', pause, set display to 'lap info', use the skip buttons to get sectors. Obviously they are now cumulative so individual sector times will need to be manually worked out.

Splits can be attained the 'old fashioned' way - While watching replay in 'full screen', pause, set display to 'lap info', use the skip buttons to get sectors. Obviously they are now cumulative so individual sector times will need to be manually worked out.

Crap! Math! And I haven't found a data logger yet. But actually a good point Chris. I hate math, but at least it can be done.

Follow up: It looks like it is .017 seconds ahead of the actual time. Putting carr at start finish line, you get 0.00.017. It looks like the car is over the line just as much at the sector points also. Going to do a real time test to see if this is in fact the case.

2nd follow up: Ok, impossible to tell. Replay sectors in test only show tenths, while in gallery using Chris's method shows thousands.

As the total lap time is really the important thing in the end ,not to sure it is all that important anyway.

Last edited:
OK, is it me or does this game blow previous versions away, it feels like I've upgraded my steering wheel, it doesn't jerk like it used to, and its smooth as silk.... I have a G27 and I can't get over the difference.

No, they won't. ;) Not for the purposes of the leaderboard, anyhow.

You may not recall, but cumulative sector times were actually what we had with every single iteration of the game until GT5. We actually had to alter the LB to add the splits.

If the game stays this way, @JoostBaksteen will just revert to the code that did not add splits. It will instead calculate the individual sectors through subtraction.

Oh yeah, I totally forgot that... Good call! 👍 No maths for you then Ron. :P

As the total lap time is really the important thing in the end ,not to sure it is all that important anyway.
If everyone is 0.017 out, it doesn't matter anyway. 👍

The lack of sector times looks like a bug to me. If you press "|<" to restart the replay it does a fancy animation moving the driver name and sector times (blank) to the top of the leaderboard then it disappears a fraction of a second later. Epic fail on two counts to PD for (a) implementing absolutely none of the features we asked for and (b) breaking the single most important feature we rely on. To be specific ...

What we wanted ...

(a) View best lap replay without having to exit race mode to some other replay theatre.
(b) View best lap splits without having to watch the whole replay.
(c) AutoSave/Unsaved Best Lap Ghost Warning on exit.

What we got ...

(a) The ability to view split times removed.
(b) A lunar buggy that we can drive on the moon.

Good to see PD have their priorities straight.

If you just save the replay, you get the split times. However, if your best lap is 12 laps in, then you have to sit through all 12 laps because there is no fast forward feature in that mode!

Hi guys. Looking forward to a new qualifier for the GTP-registry. I know it'll be a little while, certainly with the hollidays coming on. No worries, take your time.

I would like to ask a question as to the name-thing, though. As you probably already know, you can only change your name 3 times in the game. At the start, I gave my real name, off course. But when I went on line I saw that that name would be used, so I've now changed it to: surname: . and last name: GTP_OnlyMe.

I don't know if you guys are gonna work out a strict format regarding to the names? I've got one more chance to change it. I'm gonna keep that last chance to see what you guys decide about it...

so I've now changed it to: surname: . and last name: GTP_OnlyMe.

My GTP name doesnt fit in the Surname part, so I had to put GTP in the first and Hasslemoff in the surname, now it shows up as G.Hasslemoff.

Does anyone know how to copy the tune's from A to B or C in the Garage, like in GT5?.............:gtplanet:

Does anyone know how to copy the tune's from A to B or C in the Garage, like in GT5?.............:gtplanet:
You can't do that anymore. The tuning menu is also somewhat different, in that if you use power limiter, the HP does not move until you are done editing. So you have to make the change then look to see what the new HP is. You also can not reset settings like gears to default. I read that in a thread, so people are leaving C as the default, so they can set the gears back to original. GT6 some steps forward, but left many nice feature of GT5 out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back