GTP_Registry Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 2,665 comments
Do you guys think PD modeled track temperature? I don't. It is just dynamic lighting and thus visibility preference. I am just going to mix up time of day for variety sake.
I seriously doubt they have.

I was just happy to be talking about something other than cones. :sly:

Out of interest, how much time do people have invested in GT6? My stats say 12 hours which I'm guessing is on the low side...
I think I've spent more time buying cars, building qualifier threads, and answering questions that I have driving.

I'm just getting to the S License tests now, working on the night time Willow Springs in the Alfa TZ3, that's a pain.

I must say though, congratulations on a fine selection. Streets of Willow is a tough track to get the most out of, with limited visual markers around the track. I haven't tried the Megane, but the BMW M3 will be a beast around Brands Hatch. I'm really looking forward to do some laps now :)

Let my mate have a go this afternoon, as I had a spare million so I let him buy anything he wanted and race with it , and he bought that m3 touring car, about 2 hours later the 2 combos were revealed, trippy.... Saves me buying it now aha

Let my mate have a go this afternoon, as I had a spare million so I let him buy anything he wanted and race with it , and he bought that m3 touring car, about 2 hours later the 2 combos were revealed, trippy.... Saves me buying it now aha
You don't have to buy it, you use the courtesy car version ;)

Not sure what everyone's strategy is, but I think I'm going to run Willow and get really comfortable with my time before I move onto Brands Hatch - the track is completely new to me and I reckon there's going to be wider spread of times around there...probably :lol:

I'm doing the same thing. Spend time at Willow, and then switch to Brands Hatch. And then near the end Hail Mary runs on both :).

EDIT: Please read the rules people. I'd hate people to be disqualified for using a car from their garage, or using LOW grip reduction instead of REAL.

OK guys with out reading through 4 pages of posts what replay do we save for submission the fastest lap replay or just the save replay?

Thanks in advance
Doug

Oh and by the way AWSOME COMBO guys these track/car combinations are a blast to drive and a real challenge to get the most out of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just not good enough :indiff:
Well if you want to get faster I encourage you to join. And I'm not just saying that, I've seen really slow people (sorry :D) become fast through practice and guidance from other members.

OK guys with out reading through 4 pages of posts what replay do we save for submission the fastest lap replay or just the save replay?

Thanks in advance
Doug
Fastest lap replay.

<<<<<Please explain to rusty old veteran
OK lol. You aren't trying to beat a certain time, or beat a certain driver. It is simply a test of your own skill. Depending on what division you end up in, if you do the weekly time trials, you will be competing against other guys of the same skill level as you, and building on your division placement to get faster, and as a result, hopefully get promotions!

The middle bit of willow appears to be the most painful. If you bite too much off one corner, the next is shabby, then you're .5 down - I've had almost an hour on each and know roughly what I want to get, time wise. I'll spend a long time getting it though I suspect.....

In many respects brands hatch in the gt3 is so much simpler, but you really have to wring its neck and pick the tightest lines to get it done quick. It's a pretty good training session for the time trials :)

Dynamite Dave
this is a great place to improve your skills. You will fit in some where in one of the divisions that way you compete with other drivers of the same skill level. We will be broken down into 5 divisions with 3 sub divisions in each so you will fit in some where. Once things get rolling I am sure the WRS academy will be back and trust me you will learn from the best drivers on GTP I was amazed how much faster I got after one session.

You don't have to buy it, you use the courtesy car version ;)

Ahh right aha ok I was wondering what the courtesy version was about, I've not been reading it properly just had a couple of brief glances haha, need to read properly next time before posting!
But still trippy I thought, to do one of the 1200 cars

Does it really have to be in first place, come on. You're coming off as elitist now. I've seen them throughout the leaderboard, doesn't matter if its in 1st place or not. Advertising is advertising, no matter where its at. I think you're a little full of yourself.
Well not everyone looks at the leaderboards, 1st place is the only ID that's shown when you enter an event.

Dynamite Dave
this is a great place to improve your skills. You will fit in some where in one of the divisions that way you compete with other drivers of the same skill level. We will be broken down into 5 divisions with 3 sub divisions in each so you will fit in some where. Once things get rolling I am sure the WRS academy will be back and trust me you will learn from the best drivers on GTP I was amazed how much faster I got after one session.

I see what your saying , its all about levels like Boxing and chess

Does it really have to be in first place, come on. You're coming off as elitist now. I've seen them throughout the leaderboard, doesn't matter if its in 1st place or not. Advertising is advertising, no matter where its at. I think you're a little full of yourself.

John is 18, I remember when I was 18 and some of the things I came out with.... He is very quick, I've got respect for him because of how naturally gifted he is,
But yes sometimes the comments can get peoples back up, like a couple that were shown on tv.

I can only imagine how much time went in to preparing this qualifier. It is in your best interest to take some time and read the entire OP! There are some changes to the usual rules we have followed in the past, it only took me 10 minutes to read the entire OP. I feel for the Stewards that have worked long and hard (Much more then 10 minutes of their time) to put this together for us! Some of the disrespect I see in the posts above has upset me to say the least! I do wish the forum had a "Dislike" button!!!!!! So please think before you critisize the decisions made by Stewards, Thank You and well done to all of them!!!! Keep up the good work!!!

Al

I don't ever remember seeing bandits name in first. Not saying it hasn't been there but I remember seeing eclipsi a few times.

Dan holland used to be the guy to beat when I remember back, "GTP_dholland" but that was more gt5p days and shortly after I think from memory I haven't really seen him about since he made race camp, he used to set insane times and was rarely beaten , going really far back to gt4 licenses some of the times he got was unthinkable and anyone remember IFTC? We're think he entered 6 or 7 out of 10 and almost won, majority of his times would be set on day 1 in very little time then people would spend weeks chasing and still not beat the time. (Not that big I know but was really tough)
GT academy he'd normally be top. 10 in world early years

Last edited:
John is 18, I remember when I was 18 and some of the things I came out with.... He is very quick, I've got respect for him because of how naturally gifted he is,
But yes sometimes the comments can get peoples back up, like a couple that were shown on tv.

You're right, I'll just consider the source. Time to go back to working on Willow Springs. Just out of curiosity before I get myself in trouble, is using the handbrake allowed to try and get the car to rotate better?

You're right, I'll just consider the source. Time to go back to working on Willow Springs. Just out of curiosity before I get myself in trouble, is using the handbrake allowed to try and get the car to rotate better?
Well if using the handbrake also isn't allowed then I will be even more annoyed...

Back