GTP_Registry Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 2,665 comments
You have a short memory then...

Nah. I have a great memory. I just don't scour the leaderboards or waste my time on srf seasonals. Was just answering your question. I've had my fair share of world records and top 10's in Grid and Forza 3. Heck, I was winning Starcraft tournaments while you where still nursing on bottles. but hey i apologize. Didn't mean to upset your ego. ;)

Nah. I have a great memory. I just don't scour the leaderboards or waste my time on srf seasonals. Was just answering your question. I've had my fair share of world records and top 10's in Grid and Forza 3. Heck, I was winning Starcraft tournaments while you where still nursing on bottles. but hey i apologize. Didn't mean to upset your ego. ;)

:lol::lol::lol:

Why, so you can just smoke everybody in the lower divisions and throw your skill in everyone's face. Isn't that the same as sandbagging?
I'm not gonna have much time to run this. Tomorrow my family comes over for Christmas, and after they all go home I have to do all my work for University. So I'll have zero free time after today.

It doesn't say you can't use the Ferrari FXX either, so how about you miss the point some more and try that? It's pretty fast at willow springs.
It does specify which car to use though. And it also specifies that you should keep between the white lines on track, which I was doing, there is no white line at the final corner.

It does specify which car to use though. And it also specifies that you should keep between the white lines on track, which I was doing, there is no white line at the final corner.

You can't see the clearly marked track boundaries then, called cones. They are your white line equivalent. It's obvious this is the case.

You can't see the clearly marked track boundaries then, called cones. They are your white line equivalent. It's obvious this is the case.
They're not boundary markers, if they were then your lap would get invalidated if you hit them or went past them.

Two totally different combos, great choices. Look forward to getting a good run at them.
Good luck all and have fun.

That's what I assumed when I was achieving greater speed over the s/f line, only to waste several hours of my time.
Assuming something in any event is a bad idea:
  • Breaking boundary rules on the final corner of the lap prior to your best lap is strictly forbidden. We will make cursory checks of Start/Finish line speed on all replays, and will disqualify outliers. Those who are disqualified will not have a second chance at submission.
...straight out of the qualifier event rules.

I'm not gonna have much time to run this. Tomorrow my family comes over for Christmas, and after they all go home I have to do all my work for University. So I'll have zero free time after today.
The qualifier runs for 3 weeks. Are you really suggesting you will have no time after the first day?

Honestly John, reading through this thread catching up after watching a 2 hour film and the entire thing seems centred around what you want, don't like or think you can do to break the rules or the spirit of the rules, or otherwise make a fiasco out of something we have spent a long time planning, testing and preparing so that everyone can have a fair and fun competition. I realise you are one of the most talented competitors in GT right now but do you have to be such a fly in the ointment as well? I realise that arrogant and temperamental behaviour seems to often be associated with prodigious talent but it doesn't have to be like that - you're making a choice to be an ass. You may be fast, you may win many competitions but you won't make yourself any friends with that attitude and you won't prosper socially here. As Kevin said, we are a community first and a competition second.... the WRS isn't just about winning, its about sharing, helping and most of all enjoyment. You clearly are not enjoying yourself and you are certainly diminishing the enjoyment of those around you with your petulance. If its a chore, don't do it, you're not obligated except by your own ego and the need to win at any cost. We're not about that here and if you make no attempt to wind yourself in a bit and be a part of the community, its not going to end well. Dan Holland was one of the fastest yes, but he didn't last here, he was banned for repeatedly breaking our rules. No one is too good, too fast, to be above the rest of us and what we expect from our members.

Make of this community and our events what you will, its your choice of course but if you choose to maintain this level of superiority and disdain, your career here won't be a happy one.

You know, I really don't get you. You seem to think that just because you are a talented driver and been to Race Camp, that you can just come in here and do as you please. If you're not going to have time to properly qualify, why not just wait until such time that you can make an honest effort. Someone with your talents qualifying in D5 is just a bad move and I would hope that the admins would not allow that to happen, or at least have something to say about it.

Assuming something in any event is a bad idea:
  • Breaking boundary rules on the final corner of the lap prior to your best lap is strictly forbidden. We will make cursory checks of Start/Finish line speed on all replays, and will disqualify outliers. Those who are disqualified will not have a second chance at submission.
...straight out of the qualifier event rules.
That wasn't there when I originally read them, it was added later.

They're not boundary markers, if they were then your lap would get invalidated if you hit them or went past them.

deadhorse.jpg

Well I like both the cars, I've hardly been on the tracks though! :lol:

It's great that they're available in arcade mode, so I can use my non-GTP account which I've saved money in to buy all the combo cars as well as the qualifiers. 💡

How can yous tell if ppl stay with in the primers of the rules set for the wrs? An how can replays be exported to the ps3?

To be honest, if you weren't looking for a way to effectively cheat, it wouldn't have needed to be added. That's what "...the spirit of the rules" means. Not everyone, no matter their skill level, would be looking to gain that kind of advantage. If I was you, I'd take note of the rest of my post as well and wind your neck in.

To be honest, if you weren't looking for a way to effectively cheat, it wouldn't have needed to be added. That's what "...the spirit of the rules" means. Not everyone, no matter their skill level, would be looking to gain that kind of advantage. If I was you, I'd take note of the rest of my post as well and wind your neck in.
Everyone's taking things I say a bit too seriously :rolleyes:

How can yous tell if ppl stay wih in the primers of the rules set for the wrs? An how can replays be exported to the ps3?
In order to submit you need to export the replay from you game to the PS3, copy it on a flash drive, zip the replay file on your PC and send it in.
That way we, admins, can download, unzip, import to PS3 and review your replay.

• No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
I think this regarding the cones was there originally though!

Everyone is happy to abide by the same rules.

I've seen countless arguments on here, saying if such and such is such and such they wouldn't be as fast! No! The fastest will always be the fastest!

Like I said before mate, play the game and enjoy it. The WRS organisers have done a cracking job in organising this and this racing series is the main reason I bought GT6!

Have fun!!!

Back