GTP_Registry Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 2,665 comments
Like I said before mate, play the game and enjoy it. The WRS organisers have done a cracking job in organising this and this racing series is the main reason I bought GT6!

Have fun!!!
I shouldn't let myself near here when I'm in a bad mood, it never ends well.

Like I said before mate, play the game and enjoy it. The WRS organisers have done a cracking job in organising this and this racing series is the main reason I bought GT6!

Have fun!!!

Here Here

Enjoying the Willow Springs combo so far and have run about 80 laps, I'm still trying to figure out what to do in the last sector but the mention of handbrake here has gave me ideas. I think I'll hold off running the BMW for a while as I know the track quite well. Thanks to the WRS admins for organising this, hopefully I stick around for longer than I did on GT5 where I just got bored of the game.

Does anyone know if you can set the controls on a DFGT to allow you to move in photo mode? At the moment when trying to make sure my car is within the track boundaries I'm stuck in the default position so can't be sure if it's clean. If it's not possible I'll buy a cheap controller for these purposes.

The use of the clutch that is found on the G25, G27, and other high end racing wheels is strictly prohibited.

Now I have a question. Obviously this rule has carried over from GT Prologue into GT5 and now GT6. I know some people would like to use a clutch every now and then (myself included if I can ever get a wheel again) and I remember reading that in prologue it gave an unfair advantage, but I don't think that was the case in gt5 and I'm sure its the same in gt6. Is there anyway we can work with this to get some clutch love? I could always debate that wheel users have an unfair advantage over the ds3 all across the board (steering, throttle and brake input) because I didn't wanna spring extra cash for a wheel just like someone with a wheel without a clutch couldn't spring cash for one with a clutch. but, I won't debate it THAT much ;)

Now I have a question. Obviously this rule has carried over from GT Prologue into GT5 and now GT6. I know some people would like to use a clutch every now and then (myself included if I can ever get a wheel again) and I remember reading that in prologue it gave an unfair advantage, but I don't think that was the case in gt5 and I'm sure its the same in gt6. Is there anyway we can work with this to get some clutch love? I could always debate that wheel users have an unfair advantage over the ds3 all across the board (steering, throttle and brake input) because I didn't wanna spring extra cash for a wheel just like someone with a wheel without a clutch couldn't spring cash for one with a clutch. but, I won't debate it THAT much ;)
The effort needed to test the clutch isn't worth it. Besides, with all the issues with the way the clutch works in GT6, you'd be better off not using it at all.

Is it something in the air or what, now you want to contest the rules. :lol:

... in prologue it gave an unfair advantage, but I don't think that was the case in gt5 and I'm sure its the same in gt6...

I don't think it's necessarily that it gives an unfair advantage. More-so that it evens the playing field. Yes there is always going to be a delta between DS3 and Wheel, but that is something realistically unavoidable I'm sure we are all in agreement on that. The use of the clutch is just another variable, so it just evens things out a bit by not allowing it.

The effort needed to test the clutch isn't worth it. Besides, with all the issues with the way the clutch works in GT6, you'd be better off not using it at all.
This is pretty much it.

We don't have the resources to determine whether it offers an advantage, so we will not allow it.

ah got no memory stick ohwell
You do have three weeks to buy one though Dave...
And a USB cable and a smartphone will also work, in many cases. I used mine for a while.

EDK
This is pretty much it.

We don't have the resources to determine whether it offers an advantage, so we will not allow it.

And a USB cable and a smartphone will also work, in many cases. I used mine for a while.

my phone is Sony erricsson Z1, tried to transfer a GT5 replay but there was no destination as in the PS3 did not detect my phone

Last edited:

Haven't heard anyone mention it but I don't visit the other parts of the forums. But I get what you're saying.

Is it something in the air or what, now you want to contest the rules. :lol:

Hehe contesting the rules. I got a lot of free time as you know and I think of crap all the time. I know when to stop though. ;)
I don't think it's necessarily that it gives an unfair advantage. More-so that it evens the playing field. Yes there is always going to be a delta between DS3 and Wheel, but that is something realistically unavoidable I'm sure we are all in agreement on that. The use of the clutch is just another variable, so it just evens things out a bit by not allowing it.

Okay. Thanks for clarification oink. Btw love your YouTube channel. Keep up the great work

EDK

How? I tried forever on my galaxy s3 and all it ever did was allow me to transfer music.

Last edited:
my phone is Sony erricsson Z1
You may have noticed in the video, my memory stick was 250mb. That thing cost like 50p or something! And as Carlos said you got 3 weeks in which to get one. I'm sure anyone can manage that amount of effort :D

You may have noticed in the video, my memory stick was 250mb. That thing cost like 50p or something! And as Carlos said you got 3 weeks in which to get one. I'm sure anyone can manage that amount of effort :D
Treat yourself as it's Christmas! 👍

How? I tried forever on my galaxy s3 and all it ever did was allow me to transfer music.
It worked on my Droid 1 and Droid 3, but does not work on my new phone, Razr M. Phone needed to be in Storage only USB mode, which was an option from the pulldown on the main screen.

EDK
It worked on my Droid 1 and Droid 3, but does not work on my new phone, Razr M. Phone needed to be in Storage only USB mode, which was an option from the pulldown on the main screen.

I'll see if I can get it to work sometime. Thanks.

I have two 2GB USB stick that I use, one for game save backups, the other for replays/photos. I should probably clean the old replays off of them before I deal with replays. In fact, I think all of my GT5 WRS replays are still on the one stick.

Should be easy to find a low priced USB stick to use. It doesn't have to be anything massive either.

In that case they'll probably have some cheap memory sticks in the January sales :)

let me see if my mate Andre has anything spare he a genius with computers etc, he has GT6 but doesnt play it much he aint got no time too, shame he`d be right up with you top runners

let me see if my mate Andre has anything spare he a genius with computers etc, he has GT6 but doesnt play it much he aint got no time too, shame he`d be right up with you top runners
Or litterally just go on amazon. This one is 1GB and will see you through all your replay needs for like £2. :D

I'm not sure if the bot is a person, or an actual bot, because my submissions are 100% textbook, and aren't working.

The reason I wonder why its a bot or not, is because my initial submission took 4 minutes to respond, while the 2nd sumission (identical, also perfect), was bounced immediately.

I'll show you the conversation - obviously without adding my 2 files.

--
PSN: Conza_No1
File 1 File 2
--

Is Australia not allowed?

EDIT: Read the thread and watched the video (the message submission part twice), and short of using oink's own details and lap times, I don't know what else I can change to make my message the same...

I'm not sure if the bot is a person, or an actual bot, because my submissions are 100% textbook, and aren't working.

The reason I wonder why its a bot or not, is because my initial submission took 4 minutes to respond, while the 2nd sumission (identical, also perfect), was bounced immediately.

I'll show you the conversation - obviously without adding my 2 files.

--
PSN: Conza_No1
File 1 File 2
--

Is Australia not allowed?
The coding for gathering qualifier submissions is not yet completed. We did not anticipate day 1 submissions, since we've allowed 3 weeks for completion of the qualifier run, and we'd like you to give this your best effort.

The Bot is a Bot, but the code is written by a person. ;)

It checks for email and splits every 15 minutes, hence the erratic nature of the responses.

Oh awesome, ok, well I've got a good baseline for now, I suppose I should let it rest and try to beat them later on - Thanks for the help! :)

Back