GTP_WRS/3D3 GT6 Career Championship

• Thread starter hasslemoff
  • 2,034 comments
Doesn't my S2000 look great at that last picture? :D

It sure does and I'm afraid we will mostly see it from the back side in the future races. You were really fast with that car.

Paul, there is one bright coloured car missing from the pictures. I think by leaving it out you might be pretending the rodent problem doesn't exist.
Make all the fun you want, I don't give rat's a** :D

It sure does and I'm afraid we will mostly see it from the back side in the future races. You were really fast with that car.

Paul, there is one bright coloured car missing from the pictures. I think by leaving it out you might be pretending the rodent problem doesn't exist.

There are a few cars I like to take for a spin late at night when the wife's asleep, always at the ring, always cockpit view, no info on screen, Supra turbo, and the S2000 are two of them. So this little sweetheart is no stranger to me ;)
You do know I sold the CR-X to get an Integra, don't you? :mischievous:
Wife's on a Business trip for a few days so expect practice rooms as of tomorrow :cheers:

Its not a bright Ugly car though ;)

15702592842_de582b2899_b.jpg

There are a few cars I like to take for a spin late at night when the wife's asleep, always at the ring, always cockpit view, no info on screen, Supra turbo, and the S2000 are two of them.

Try the Ferrari 250 GTO at sunrise or sunset on Comfort tyre's (hard's No Abs), then watch the replay in cockpit view when you get a good lap :D.

Since I grew up in Japanese cars as a passenger(Toyota Corolla ae86/Nissan Primera)and as a driver(Honda Civic EG9)I have a genuine love and appreciation for them.I don't know how many of us will stay away from japanese cars for the events,but for sure I wont be one of them.

Since I grew up in Japanese cars as a passenger(Toyota Corolla ae86/Nissan Primera)and as a driver(Honda Civic EG9)I have a genuine love and appreciation for them.I don't know how many of us will stay away from japanese cars for the events,but for sure I wont be one of them.

I'm with you on that boat. I'm still gonna use my Type R EP3 for the FF cup, and the '99 Silvia for the other two. :D

Japanese here too. Integra and S2000.

Thanks for changing Matterhorn. My TRD was so low on HP, it lost speed going up the little hill. I never tried that track before, short but fun.

Thanks for that change!Somehow my Civic was going faster by detuning it there.
I changed my mind after some testing and instead of going with the Integra R to 80s-90s event I'll save some money by purchasing the Silvia of '96 for the next 2 events.Sorry If I caused any trouble.

Thanks for that change!Somehow my Civic was going faster by detuning it there.

That is actually quite common, sometimes less is faster. You can control the car easier, which allows you to get on the gas at the correct time. The other thing that happens, is the more laps you do the faster you go. I try to run enough laps that I can replicate my time within a few tenths lap after lap, then set the HP so it basically takes a perfect lap to get within a tenth or 2. Needing a really good lap to get close to the target allows you to concentrate on driving the heck out of the car, instead of where do I lift so I don't get a penalty.

A trick I did use in the last series was to note my last split time before the SF line on a really good lap, then keep that in mind, and if I were to be ahead of that split time, I may have to slow down a bit.

That is actually quite common, sometimes less is faster. You can control the car easier, which allows you to get on the gas at the correct time. The other thing that happens, is the more laps you do the faster you go. I try to run enough laps that I can replicate my time within a few tenths lap after lap, then set the HP so it basically takes a perfect lap to get within a tenth or 2. Needing a really good lap to get close to the target allows you to concentrate on driving the heck out of the car, instead of where do I lift so I don't get a penalty.

A trick I did use in the last series was to note my last split time before the SF line on a really good lap, then keep that in mind, and if I were to be ahead of that split time, I may have to slow down a bit.

The CR-X couldn't climb the hill at hp for 30sec. :scared:

The CRX felt just about perfect at full PP (389). I got bunch of 29.0s in a row.
I tested bunch of Hondas and all were capable of reaching 29.0
Another fun car was the Mini at 403PP.

Sorry got distracted by Pekka in the GTP club AE86 testing.

Edit: I doubt anyone would be running now but the club lobby is open in the main GTP club.

Last edited:
We really need to get everyone into the GTP_WRS club. Too many random drop ins in the main GTP.
The Integra is still too fast :)

I have a question.Why in the driver's garage list beside my Silvia it says SOLD???
As I mentioned in my new registration I wanted the Silvia instead of the Integra R in my garage.We can change our minds about cars,right?
I wrote down the price wrong again.Its 25950

We really need to get everyone into the GTP_WRS club. Too many random drop ins in the main GTP.
The Integra is still too fast :)
I would if I could, but it's failing for me.

Bonus Event No 6 Finshed

wrs_banner_tt-png.210713

GTP_WRS Week 43: License to Overtake

silverstone-national-circuit_12-jpg.252753

Congrats to all that tamed the BMW, unfortunately no one managed the double bonus :( and the credit of 2500 has been added to the drivers account.

According to Vaxen's formula, I improved my handicap by .007. :)

So there's that. :mischievous:

After some testing today I've narrowed my choice down to 2-3 cars. One of which is one of my favourite cars, but I think a lot of other people will choose it too. The other two have the hipster factor and are slightly cheaper, so I'm not sure which I'll pick yet...

I still have no idea what car I'm going to run after the FF cup. The lap times for '80s-'90s cup seem pretty reasonable so there should be pretty wide selection.

@Iceman220 It should be. I'm no expert, but based on how it performed in the last few events compared to my Focus, it should be more than good enough. I'm going to have to detune the Focus to 400PP for Cape Ring. The only one that might give you problems is Matterhorn, I'm about a second off pace there, but you're a far better driver than I am, so you shouldn't really have any issues.

Latest Posts

Back