GTP_WRS/3D3 GT6 Career Championship

• Thread starter hasslemoff
  • 2,034 comments
Hey @hasslemoff , It was brought to my attention during yesterday's practice that the use of the clutch in the G27 is prohibited. Can I get a confirmation on that, since the first post only mentions the Handbrake?

Hey @hasslemoff , It was brought to my attention during yesterday's practice that the use of the clutch in the G27 is prohibited. Can I get a confirmation on that, since the first post only mentions the Handbrake?

The use of the clutch is prohibited in normal WRS events, but I dont see a problem with using it in this event as there would be no advantage gained if there was an advantage using the clutch.

And I have seen many times people use handbrakes for the race start. Is it legal to use it , at the start ? @hasslemoff

The use of the handbrake at the start is fine, Im sure there was a discussion about it somewhere because I thought the false start check didnt allow it, but it turns out it does.

The use of the clutch is prohibited in normal WRS events, but I dont see a problem with using it in this event as there would be no advantage gained if there was an advantage using the clutch.

The use of the handbrake at the start is fine, Im sure there was a discussion about it somewhere because I thought the false start check didnt allow it, but it turns out it does.

Thank you for clearing that up :)

I might run at 20:00 GMT for a bit. Got the Matterhorn and SSR sorted out but need to practice Cape Ring

Edit: Lobby open

Last edited:
So far I've found Matterhorn to be my weakest track, running mid 30's, whereas SSR5 I'm about .5 off pace, which is pretty good for me, and Cape Ring is by far my fastest track, I've had to detune so as to not run too fast.

The Focus should have good torque to get up that hill. You can use the inside curb to help the car to rotate in turn one. The downhill right can be taken at 80kmh+ in most cars. Cut the apex curb, don't worry about running wide on exit as long as you keep the right wheels on the track. I just slightly tap the brake for the first uphill right, cut across the curb again and let it drift wide just coasting, line it up for the final turn and accelerate from the apex.

Practice room

Will be re-opened shortly, I had forgot that I lost some cars recently with my HDD crash.

1472-4711-0038-4890-5362

Room closed, thanks for the practice 👍

Last edited:
Welcome to the FF Cup

Time to make the most of these FF drive cars as this will probably be the last time we have a full grid of FF cars, so if your a fan its time to get the tyre smoke going at the start and around those corners.

Matterhorn Note: The track is short and the start is going to be tight going into the corner at the top of the hill with a full grid of cars, please take this into account and respect the cars around you.
The track will also be a hard place to slow if you have beat the capped lap time, please do this in a safe manner even if you have to slow and join back at the rear of the pack. I will take into account that it was not safe to slow on this track as the last thing you want to be doing is dodging slowing cars when in a pack, but it does not mean that you can run under the capped lap times numerous times, please use common sense and do not gain an advantage from it.
Im hoping there will be no blue flag situations but they are still in effect if you find yourself in this situation please leave the racing line and let the drivers through in a safe manner.
The start button now makes the car into into a ghost this could be a handy feature if you find yourself in awkward situation.
Also if contact is made and you have to wait for a driver to let him past please do so in a safe manner.

Going by the previous races and the quality driving that has been done by all I can see some more close and fun racing and the above text is just a little help for the short track :)

Have fun 👍

Just a note on using the start button to "ghost" - unless you're stuck off-track, the ghost of B-spec Bob will attempt to "limp" you back to the pits at a maximum of 50 mph/80 km/h...on the racing line. Please be careful when "un-ghosting".

Oh great, I'm stuck at work because of incompetent idiots. I hope to have it fixed in couple of hours but it doesn't look good :(

Oh great, I'm stuck at work because of incompetent idiots. I hope to have it fixed in couple of hours but it doesn't look good :(

That's awful Mike. Forget about the idiots, focus on solving the issue, and I'm sure you'll make it!!
We'll be waiting for you 👍

FF Cup 405pp race room opened in the GTP_WRS club.

Since it's open early, we'll try to get some time on all 3 tracks:

- Cape Ring Inside: next 20min
- SSR5 Clubman: the next 20min after that
- Matterhorn Short: the next 20min after that
- Cape Ring Inside: the final 20min before quali starts

FF Cup 405pp race room opened in the GTP_WRS club.

Since it's open early, we'll try to get some time on all 3 tracks:

- Cape Ring Inside: next 20min
- SSR5 Clubman: the next 20min after that
- Matterhorn Short: the next 20min after that
- Cape Ring Inside: the final 20min before quali starts

10 min I'll be there thanks Lucas :)

Sorry everyone about the qualy at Matterhorn. That and the wrong settings at Cape Ring :banghead:
I guess the Integra is a rat's car...:D

All 3 races I messed up
1st Race Quali
2nd Race went under capped time on last lap thanks to the slipstream
3rd Race again quali

Thoroughly enjoyed tonight's races. Despite my confidence going into the first two races, I did pretty poorly, but the third race more than made up for it, I went into it expecting to place pretty low but ended up with 7th, which I'm more than happy with. If anyone has the time/interest, I'd recommend watching the battling between @Iceman220 and myself during the last few laps of SSR5 Clubman, while he caught up through the corners my Focus seemed to have the power on the straights, and that finish was so unbelievably, ridiculously close.

Smashing night, looking forward to next time.

Also, if anyone managed to save the replay from Matterhorn I'd be more than grateful if they could share it.

Great evening everyone. :D Even though I did super poorly on the SSR5, my biggest regret was trowing away that 2nd place at Cape Ring. :/ But my own mistakes apart, it was a great time spent racing. :)

@Gravitron finally got the replay after everybody finally left the track/room. In the process, we seem to have found a bug - if somebody is ghosted when the post-race timer times out, everybody except the room owner has to leave the room for the end-of-race processing to complete. Unless somebody else managed to use the start button to leave, it takes a minimum of quitting the game with the PS button (I did a hard reset to leave).

Good racing everyone! Wasn't able to take part in the first race because I was disconnected during qualifying.

Had a good race at SSR5. I started in 3rd and all was going well until I was punted off the track by lag in the tunnel. I recovered well and finished in 5th with Javier @roamer2629 just behind, always putting up a good fight. :)

Matterhorn was a bit of a disaster for not only me but a few others. I started well and was fastest in the qualifier (if you don't count the void times). I got off the line very badly and let a few people get away. Paul was right in front of me on lap 4 and I never realised you couldn't overtake at the first corner, I saw a gap and tried to overtake. This caused Paul to run into the wall I believe, knocking him to the back of the grid. I was promptly warned by Lucas to back off and did so, waiting for Paul to get in front again, losing so many places in the process.:guilty:

All I can say is I'm sorry for that incident Paul @hasslemoff. I ruined your race as well as mine. I really need to read the track specific rules before jumping in like that. :dunce:

Anyway despite the accident, I had a good time as always! :cheers:

Matterhorn was a bit of a disaster for not only me but a few others. I started well and was fastest in the qualifier (if you don't count the void times). I got off the line very badly and let a few people get away. Paul was right in front of me on lap 4 and I never realised you couldn't overtake at the first corner, I saw a gap and tried to overtake. This caused Paul to run into the wall I believe, knocking him to the back of the grid. I was promptly warned by Lucas to back off and did so, waiting for Paul to get in front again, losing so many places in the process.:guilty:

You could overtake in that corner and if you had any sort of overlap before the corner you could of made a pass, when the replay is made available I would strongly advise you to upload it and watch it, also if you have saved the replay from Special Stage Route 5 I would watch the first lap as well.

Back