GTP_WRS/3D3 GT6 Career Championship

• Thread starter hasslemoff
  • 2,034 comments
And one question for Paul: is the driver who broke the lap limit disqualified from competing for the fastest lap? I don't mean the illegal lap, I mean other laps by the same driver. Example in Stowe race room B. Ruzinbincible ran 1'04.x (but compensated by running 1'07), later in the race he got 1'05.04x.

Yes they are disqualified, your fastest lap of the race is what get's input into the system.

Yeah. Maybe it's just me. I really don't like this track :)
If I'm going to buy a car for the 425pp event I might as well buy it now.
I would probably still run the CRX at Suzuka, the gearing and amount of lift off oversteer is just perfect.

And one question for Paul: is the driver who broke the lap limit disqualified from competing for the fastest lap? I don't mean the illegal lap, I mean other laps by the same driver. Example in Stowe race room B. Ruzinbincible ran 1'04.x (but compensated by running 1'07), later in the race he got 1'05.04x.

Not just you my friend. Tsukuba's 1'09 seems out of reach for the little CR-X...

Looking back at the decision a faster Honda (Civic or Integra) might have been better choice. That way I could have bought just one car.
Let's see what deal I can get at the Toyota dealership :)

Last edited:
Registration is now open for the Amateur Cup.

Credit table is updated results will be posted tomorrow.

And please don't forget to add your car and value before Tuesday 14th October 19:30 GMT

I guess the car I'm going to try and use is going to be over the limit, but that could change with some bonus events...

Would there be a way to drop out of this competition should something happen? Or what happens if you already own the car (or testing) you signed up for way before this cup was announced?

Not depending on the answers, I'm not going to be part of the Amateur Cup because... I don't want to get into the details right now.

Last edited:
LOL. I think I got my new ride.
I just spent 10 laps trying to get under 57s at Brands Hatch and then I realized the cap was 59s.
I did get a 56.9 by the way :mischievous:
This car is will be competitive in the remaining 6 races.

Last edited:
Would there be a way to drop out of this competition should something happen? Or what happens if you already own the car (or testing) you signed up for way before this cup was announced?

Not really sure what you are asking regarding the car ? If you are asking if you register'd a car but did not compete in the event do you get the credit back?
Yes if you let us know the car details will be deleted and the credit will be added back onto your account, but you must ask.
The answer to your first question has been asked a similar way a few time's, you are free to join or miss whatever events you want.
  • Late starters ( or miss a championship) starting credit will be reviewed on a individual basis.

Sunday Cup Results

With 17 Drivers and 13 different cars it made for some interesting, close and fun racing thanks to all that participated 👍.

Please note the penalties for qualifying quicker than the capped lap time have been applied.

Well done to @mr_lab_rat for the Sunday Cup win by 4 points 👍 and @GTP_Patrick1 for 2nd and @Iceman220 for 3rd.

Just for the win here is your national anthem Mike :)

Last edited:
@hasslemoff
I finished a sec behind mike in the grand valley race can you confirm the results again?
And in case of a tie the results are decided by no.of wins like f1 or no?
@mr_lab_rat congrats for p1 and @GTP_Patrick1 for p2

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    562.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Wow, sweet!
Thanks for processing the results so quickly. Is there a place where we can see what cars people used?
I can give you what was used in room B (our room):

mr_lab_rat - 1990 Honda CRX SiR
GTP_Patrick1 - 2000 TRD Celica TRD Sports M (ZZT231)
Ruzinvincible - 1999 Toyota MR2 Spyder
GTP_Gravitron - 2003 SRT SRT4
GTP_Roamer2629 - 1990 Honda CRX SiR
PHO3NIX_F1RE - 2003 Peugeot 106 Rallye
MeisterFetz - 1998 Honda Civic Type R (EK) (the standard interior helped refresh my memory on whether it was the premium 1997 or the standard 1998)
GTP_Eggstor - 1990 Mazda RX-7 GT-X (FC)
DUDE_ABIDES-1930 - 1990 Honda CRX SiR

I can also guess which cars those from room A used based on what they spent and comments from upthread:

GTP_Hasslemoff - 1999 Hyundai Tiburon Turbulence
GTP_JTV - 1986 Toyota MR2 1600 G
Nickonen - 1995 Honda Civic SiR II (EG)
OpticZero0 - 1990 Honda CRX SiR
darren-the-pro - 1997 Mitsubishi FTO GP Version R or 1999 Mitsubishi FTO GP Version R (the 2 cars at $21,600)
RafaelR_13 - 2003 Peugeot 106 Rallye
gtp_crispy_one - 1989 Mazda MX-5 Miata (NA) (from the thread below)
thematic604 - 2003 Mazda Mazda2 (from the thread)

Paul is missing the data from gtp_crispy_one It took the credit tracker a while to get Crispy's info recorded. I was the only one to choose a premium car, and I suffered mightily for it.

Last edited:
^ I can confirm I used the 106 Rallye. @PHO3NIX_F1RE I see you also used the 106, are you planing to go all the way with it, or buy a different car for the 425pp?

^ I can confirm I used the 106 Rallye. @PHO3NIX_F1RE I see you also used the 106, are you planing to go all the way with it, or buy a different car for the 425pp?

Before buying a new car, try your current car for the last 3 tracks.. My car can only get to 413 PP, but I was happy with the times I could get in it.

Before buying a new car, try your current car for the last 3 tracks.. My car can only get to 413 PP, but I was happy with the times I could get in it.
I don't think that tiny Peugeot will have competitive times at Rome. On the other hand, it's guaranteed to earn another $30,000.

I can give you what was used in room B (our room):

mr_lab_rat - 1990 Honda CRX SiR
GTP_Patrick1 - 2000 TRD Celica TRD Sports M (ZZT231)
Ruzinvincible - 1999 Toyota MR2 Spyder
GTP_Gravitron - 2003 SRT SRT4
GTP_Roamer2629 - 1990 Honda CRX SiR
PHO3NIX_F1RE - 2003 Peugeot 106 Rallye
MeisterFetz - 1998 Honda Civic Type R (EK) (the standard interior helped refresh my memory on whether it was the premium 1997 or the standard 1998)
GTP_Eggstor - 1990 Mazda RX-7 GT-X (FC)
DUDE_ABIDES-1930 - 1990 Honda CRX SiR

I can also guess which cars those from room A used based on what they spent and comments from upthread:

GTP_Hasslemoff - 1999 Hyundai Tiburon Turbulence
GTP_JTV - 1986 Toyota MR2 1600 G
Nickonen - 1995 Honda Civic SiR II (EG)
OpticZero0 - 1990 Honda CRX SiR
darren-the-pro - 1997 Mitsubishi FTO GP Version R or 1999 Mitsubishi FTO GP Version R (the 2 cars at $21,600)
RafaelR_13 - 2003 Peugeot 106 Rallye
thematic604 - 2003 Mazda Mazda2 (from the thread)

Paul is missing the data from gtp_crispy_one. I was the only one to choose a premium car among those who put data into the credit tracker, and I suffered mightily for it.

I used the Mazda MX-5 Miata (NA) '89. Woefully inadequate on GSV:(

I don't think that tiny Peugeot will have competitive times at Rome. On the other hand, it's guaranteed to earn another $30,000.

Yep, it is kind of a balancing act as to whether to buy another car. Since the overall winner is based on total credits, you have to hope the car you upgrade to can overcome it's cost with better results and more credits in the races as opposed to the car you already have. On the other hand, it is more fun to run a car that has a chance to be competitive.

I might have gone for the CR-X again for the 400pp races, its more than adequate at Brands and Suzuka, if slow at Tsukuba, but the 425pp mark is out of the question for it. New car for me I guess...and back to the drawing board by the way :boggled:

I might have gone for the CR-X again for the 400pp races, its more than adequate at Brands and Suzuka, if slow at Tsukuba, but the 425pp mark is out of the question for it. New car for me I guess...and back to the drawing board by the way :boggled:

Yeah but if you are gonna buy a car for 425pp races you might as well buy it now and detune it to 400.

Yep, it is kind of a balancing act as to whether to buy another car. Since the overall winner is based on total credits, you have to hope the car you upgrade to can overcome it's cost with better results and more credits in the races as opposed to the car you already have. On the other hand, it is more fun to run a car that has a chance to be competitive.

That's why I don't really regret picking the CRX because it allowed me to win one cup. It nearly paid for itself in extra earnigs I got over some people that chose one car strategy.

Really cool to see 6 different cars in top 6.

Yeah but if you are gonna buy a car for 425pp races you might as well buy it now and detune it to 400....

That's why I don't really regret picking the CRX because it allowed me to win one cup. It nearly paid for itself in extra earnigs I got over some people that chose one car strategy.

Really cool to see 6 different cars in top 6.
The good thing is, if you remain in the race lobby, you can change cars between races. You can use the CRX at Brands Hatch and Suzuka, and your detuned-to-400-PP 425PP car for Tsukuba.

Looks like the CRX was a great choice for over-thinkers like me. :D Haha. I have a Plan A and a Plan B. Not sure if a Plan C, D, E, etc. will be needed.......probably. :)

I got lucky that Ruz got a penalty at Autumn Ring. He was the fastest by far although I can see that Nickonen in the other room was really fast too (but suffered the same fate).
I'm considering running the CRX in the first two 400pp races as my new car is way to fast (56.9 BH and 1'02.1 Suzuka).

Last edited:
I got lucky that Ruz got a penalty at Autumn Ring. He was the fastest by far although I can see that Nickonen was really fast too.
I'm considering running the CRX in the first two 400pp races as my new car is way to fast (56.9 BH and 1'02.1 Suzuka).
Uh-oh, we may have another error in the results. I checked Ruz's races and he was not penalized (but it is looking like he was in the results). Please bear with us while we double-check.

Uh-oh, we may have another error in the results. I checked Ruz's races and he was not penalized (but it is looking like he was in the results). Please bear with us while we double-check.

He did go too fast in Autumn Ring qualification (as well as Dude-Abides-1930).
The results look good. He won that race by about 4 seconds (I think) but the penalty brought him down to 9th place.

Back