GTP_WRS/3D3 GT6 Career Championship

Discussion in 'WRS-OE Archive' started by hasslemoff, Sep 7, 2014.

1. hasslemoff

hasslemoff Premium

Probably last chance before Sunday to try a few other cars.

Practice room: 1472-4711-0167-3382-2447

Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
  2. Gameratwork99

Gameratwork99

Guys, guys come on! 3 rooms!? Shouldn't we just merge :lol:

3. roamer2629

roamer2629 Premium

I'll check in an hour or so if you are still there...

4. Eggstor

Eggstor Premium

I finally completed testing at Grand Valley East and updated the guide. It will most likely be the last update before the Sunday Cup.

Also, I put up a Google Docs spreadsheet of the sub-$20,000 cars I tested.

5. GTP_Patrick1

GTP_Patrick1

Very nice :bowdown:, thanks for all the work you put into this. For those that did not get much testing time, this will be a big help.

I want to say :tup: to @hasslemoff , this event has turned into lots of fun, and it got me to drive cars I would have never thought much about. The practice rooms have been great fun too, tooling around in our slow cars and chatting while we practice. At first I thought everyone would hone in on the fastest cars, but the strategy part of this is coming into play and the decisions are not so straight forward. I am pretty sure I am going with the RX8 '03, going to try and make it work for all 3 series. I needed every bit of the bonus money to buy it though. I will want to test on the higher PP tracks to make sure, before I commit to that car. I loved the TRD Celica, but it is just too fast for Mini Ring, and I don't really want to have to think about backing off while racing with others.

Gravitron and roamer2629 like this.
  6. GTP_Nail

GTP_Nail Premium

Now you tell me...I bought the ugly twin to the MRS....was very ****ey as thr brits would say....it was hard to tell who had who by what....:eek:

OpticZero likes this.
  7. Gravitron

Gravitron Moderator

Ned, you need to calm down. The language... :lol:

Well I'm using the Neon as it appears to be unused by anyone else. :D

Nail-27 and Allibubba99 like this.
  8. RacingOtaku86

RacingOtaku86

So, just so I understand for sure, you have to get laps ABOVE the limits, not under them?

For example, at Brands Hatch Indy for the Amateur Cup, the limit is 59 seconds. If you get 59.001 or higher, it's good, but 58.999 and lower is no good?

9. Eggstor

Eggstor Premium

You got it.

10. RacingOtaku86

RacingOtaku86

Cool. I'm considering joining this, after the Sunday Cup.

11. Eggstor

Eggstor Premium

I should be sleeping because I'll be on the track in about 7 hours (delayed birthday present, driving 4 laps around the Milwaukee Mile through the Rusty Wallace Racing Experience), but I think I finally found my car - the 1990 Mazda RX-7 GT-X (FC).

I know, it wasn't in my original round of testing, and it will definitely not win at Grand Valley East, but I like the premium new-car smell, the easy-to-drive RWD platform, the 213 horsepower it will have once I do the oil change for the Novice Cup, and the $24,860 it will take to buy.

Gravitron likes this.
  12. Gravitron

Gravitron Moderator

:bowdown:

Been waiting to see what you picked. :tup:

roamer2629 likes this.
  13. Meister Fetz

Meister Fetz

I will be home in time tomorrow. Hope the next weeks too, but unfortunately not sure about.

14. OpticZero

OpticZero

Sunday Cup Practice: 1472-4711-0167-3382-5662 closed

Last edited: Oct 11, 2014
  15. PHO3NIX_F1RE

PHO3NIX_F1RE

Thank you for clarifying this. I had inferred that we had to consistently run under the posted times, and that had me quite worried. I can breathe a little bit now :D

I'm looking forward to this series, it should be a nice way to do my first races with you guys.

16. GTP_Patrick1

GTP_Patrick1

Practice room open 1472-6118-3916-1736-6789

Ran some laps in the RX-8 on all tracks and am rethinking selection. Nothing like being undecided 18 hrs before the race.

Closed. Nice practice Dude.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2014
    DasDude likes this.
  17. Iceman220

Iceman220

Excited about tonight's cup:mischievous:

Gameratwork99 and Nickonen like this.
  18. mr_lab_rat

mr_lab_rat

I'm gonna run some laps in about 15 minutes

1472-6681-3415-7082-0774

Edit: Closed. Thanks for stopping by Lucas. I might need to go for 340PP at Stowe.

19. Nickonen

Nickonen

Goodmorning everyone!!I cant wait for my first race :D

Gameratwork99 and mr_lab_rat like this.
  20. hasslemoff

hasslemoff Premium

Race Day is Here

Welcome to the Sunday Cup the first part of the The Novice Championship and its nice to see so many Drivers confirming for the Event, the post's on testing have been very interesting and the practice event's have been interesting with the large car selection's :tup:.

A couple of note's:
    • Don't forget we are using a Standing start with the False start Check so please remember to keep your foot on the brake until the light's change.
    • Time for the races with time change will be the original room times which are Autmn Ring mini = 11:00am / progression 3 and Stowe = 08:30am / Progression 3
    • If you exceed the lap time please remember to make sure you slow for the next lap in a safe and fair manner.

As you are all aware there is a large variance in car choice for each race :tup: this could mean the car in front might have a slightly different brake point and a different corner speed please take this into account when following close, mistakes happen but please try to avoid contact at all cost and follow the OLR if a mistake is made.

Track Notes

Autumn ring:
    The track is short and is very limited in overtaking, there is the main straight which is your best option unless the car in front makes a mistake that is the best spot, again please take into account the difference in cars.
    Slowing if you exceed the lap time needs to be done in a safe manner, again the main straight is the best option, if you show you have slowed on the following lap it will be taken into account but please try to take into account the traffic, a safe manner is better on this track to slow a bit and will be taken into account if we need to review.

Silverstone Stowe
    The first section is very easy to cut, Normal rules apply if you cut make sure you lift at the next safe available spot. Also as they could be a few cars going into the first section at the start of the race this area could be used to avoid contact but please give the position(s) back at the next safe spot.
    The replay will be watched to check for cutting.
    If you have exceeded the lap time the best time to slow a bit is the back straight again please do it in a safe manner for other drivers, getting offline on the straight is the best option.

Grand Valley East
    Again if you need to slow if you exceeded the lap time please do in a safe manner the main straight is a great place of the racing line,there is other spots but please do not impede other drivers this goes for all tracks as well.

Capped Lap Time Rule's
    • If you exceed the capped lap time's in the race and qualifying which are included in all the Novice championship race's you will receive a 10 second Penalty and 1000 cr fine every time you exceed it.
    • As these are early events you can avoid a penalty by making sure your next lap is around 2 seconds or more slower in the race, please make a mental note of the lap Number as it's your responsibility to provide the lap number.
    • Please note You cannot avoid a penalty from qualifying quicker than the capped lap time.
    I know there is a few notes above but they are there to try and make it enjoyable for all involved.
    Have fun as it's going to be very interesting with the various cars running very similar lap time's, so expect some close racing, keep it clean, respect the other driver and there should be some great racing around these small track's.

Thanks to all involved in setting this up and a big thanks to the participants who make it worth while to organize these events. :tup:

21. alexamenos

alexamenos

Out of town this afternoon and way out of town next weekend. Cool event @hasslemoff, next time let's plan around my work schedule. :p

hasslemoff likes this.
  22. hasslemoff

hasslemoff Premium

No plan your work around the event's ;)

alexamenos and Allibubba99 like this.
  23. alexamenos

alexamenos

Of course you're right, I should get my priorities straight. :tup:

24. AaronDonegal

AaronDonegal

*Update*: My playstation just told me "You cannot use Specify Room Number when your NAT type of Type 3". So maybe I can't race today. Or ever!! (I'm tethering via my phone - so fixing the NAT could be more difficult than usual :irked: )

How would I confirm? (At the moment I guess I'm unlikely - if I'm the 17th driver, feel free to put me out instead of splitting rooms.)

If I can get the NAT thing fixed, anything else I need to do today to confirm and take part? Do I just sign into the relevant room (which room?) at 1930GM (nearly 3 hours from now?)

Looking forward to my first race. I haven't practiced enough on Grand Valley East - I hope I can get my lap times under control?

25. ThePDTX

ThePDTX

Just to make sure, at silverstone, turn 1 and 2, we can "cut" if we keep 2 wheels on track right? By hitting the apex. Just want to clear that up before the race.

26. Eggstor

Eggstor Premium

2 wheels on/between the white lines is legal. 3 beyond the lines isn't.

ThePDTX likes this.
  27. jtv90069

jtv90069 Moderator

To confirm(or change status for any other race) fill out the event registration again.
    https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...irst-event-sun-12th-oct.316571/#post-10051686

28. Iceman220

Iceman220

Yes

ThePDTX likes this.
  29. ThePDTX

ThePDTX

Great, thank you. :)

30. hasslemoff

hasslemoff Premium

The room numbers will be posted around a hour before the event so that would be 18:30 GMT the race starts at 19:30 GMT so you need to be in the room at least 10 minutes before hand so that we can check for invisible drivers and to make sure everyone's connection is fine, so the earlier people join the rooms the better.