GTP_WRS/3D3 GT6 Career Championship

• Thread starter hasslemoff
  • 2,034 comments
If you can't get to the room
by number you could send friend request to hasslemoff or other people that are planning to run. You could then find the room by searching for friends rooms.

I just had no speed today at all. Even though my fastest lap was comparable to my tests with the RX-7, the average lap was a solid 0.5-1.0 second slower than my average test lap. I think it was the difference between testing and racing because this was a brand-new buy just like the test car.

I'm typically almost 1s slower with more people in the room.
But today racing was great fun. I'm gonna take some pics from side by side action at GVE.

^ I was in the same situation, I did (in my opinion) pretty well on Autumn Ring and Stowe, but on GVE I just didn't have the speed going down that straight, unless I was right up someone's back end.

That being said, I had a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to next week.

Don't forget - if you didn't put your first purchase into the credit tracker, you have until 19:30 GMT Tuesday to do so. If you're going to be buying a second car for the Amateur Cup, I'd suggest waiting until @hasslemoff says the tracker is ready for that, which probably will be a bit after the Sunday Cup is declared official.

Unable to sign in to psn until around 5 or so.So much work..so little Fun. What now...can I still drive?. No car purchased.

Well, that was fun. Made the stupid mistake of not respecting my original power limiter settings and underestimating draft at Stowe, plus the sheer stupidity of cutting the first corner on the qualy and going almost an embarrassing half a second below target :banghead:
I slowed down for two laps during the race hope that makes me innocent.
Pretty sure I should have tested the other six tracks and pp values as well, because now I really don't know if the little Honda is going to go all the way...
Some great racing at the Ring with Lucas, at Stowe with Mike and with Stefan at Grand Valley so I'm a happy (if silly) racer tonight :gtpflag:

Yes @Iceman220 that was an epic battle between you, @mr_lab_rat and myself. It was almost a gift win when you spun, I was just glad I could see it coming and had time to avoid it. Oh well, we could not let you win all 3 races. After seeing the lead car get passed on the straight lap after lap, I almost was ready to just follow and hope I could get you on the last lap going to the finish line.

I might need a new car for next week. The CRX is more than enough for BH and Suzuka but 2 seconds off the pace at Tsukuba.

• As these are early events you can avoid a penalty by making sure your next lap is around 2 seconds or more slower in the race, please make a mental note of the lap Number as it's your responsibility to provide the lap number.

How do we go about reporting these? Stowe was not 100% clean in the time department for me. Does this mean that for everyone who is honest about the time infractions, for this week only we get free bites of the apple (unless it is from the Qualifying rounds)?

If I buy a car now (new one) can I use both in cars in the 400pp cup.One at tsukuba and one at suzuka?

If I buy a car now (new one) can I use both in cars in the 400pp cup.One at tsukuba and one at suzuka?
That's a very interesting question. If the Amateur Cup races are run like the Sunday Cup ones were (with a bit of a break between the individual races), there definitely is time to change between cars that were bought before the Amateur Cup.

On the other hand, the various offline championship series, the ones in which points are used to determine an overall winner, do not allow for a car change between races.

I tried the srt 4 it is 1 and half secs off time at tsukuba

Last edited:
Lucas, I love your idea of running just one car. I think I made close to 10k more than you yesterday but it's not enough to pay for the extra car.

How do we go about reporting these? Stowe was not 100% clean in the time department for me. Does this mean that for everyone who is honest about the time infractions, for this week only we get free bites of the apple (unless it is from the Qualifying rounds)?

If you slowed on the following lap to round 2 sec's slower then yes there will be no penalty, if you did not slow then you will receive a penalty.
It's for the driver to remember, so if we cant find it for any reason the driver will be able to tell us, or to save us time going through the replays a PM or post in thread would'nt hurt when the races get longer.

Good question and reading through the rules there is none regarding this for the Novice Championship and its a bit late to add one so the choice is your's, but i'm making these rule's regarding it.

• If you wish to change cars between race's you MUST stay in the lounge, if for example you have not changed oil the race will not wait for you to re join it is the drivers response ability to have each car set up for each race.
  • If you have forgot to change cars and the qualification or race has started it will not be restarted.
Don't forget - if you didn't put your first purchase into the credit tracker, you have until 19:30 GMT Tuesday to do so. If you're going to be buying a second car for the Amateur Cup, I'd suggest waiting until @hasslemoff says the tracker is ready for that, which probably will be a bit after the Sunday Cup is declared official.

The credit tracker should always be available for people to add there car details but the last credit won might not be added till a couple of days later until the results are official.
And yes thank you for the reminder that you have until Tuesday 19:30 GMT to enter your car details you raced in yesterday :)

^"If you slowed on the following lap to round 2 sec's slower then yes there will be no penalty, if you did not slow then you will receive a penalty.
It's for the driver to remember, so if we cant find it for any reason the driver will be able to tell us, or to save us time going through the replays a PM or post in thread would'nt hurt when the races get longer."

I gave the heads up in the chat last night, but in case i need to do it here, I I did a 1.04 at silverstone in lap 11, but the next lap (12) did a 1.09 to compensate. Hope that eases the penalty a bit. :)

Even after oil change and full hp Mike?

Yeah. Maybe it's just me. I really don't like this track :)
If I'm going to buy a car for the 425pp event I might as well buy it now.
I would probably still run the CRX at Suzuka, the gearing and amount of lift off oversteer is just perfect.

And one question for Paul: is the driver who broke the lap limit disqualified from competing for the fastest lap? I don't mean the illegal lap, I mean other laps by the same driver. Example in Stowe race room B. Ruzinbincible ran 1'04.x (but compensated by running 1'07), later in the race he got 1'05.04x.

Back