GTP_WRS Fanatec Porsche Carrera Wheel Contest

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 5: Prologue' started by EDK, Sep 26, 2010.

1. EDK

EDK Moderator

[​IMG]

PRESENTS:

GTP Porsche Carrera Wheel Giveaway

:: Only Open to Qualified GTP_Registered Members ::

:: Members are not obligated to take part ::

Contest Details:

• Register to Participate in the Contest by Posting in This Thread
    • You MUST Register by No Later than 11:59 pm GMT, Friday, October 1st
    • A List of Registered Participants Will Be Maintained at the Bottom of this Post
    • Questions About the Contest and Rules Should be Posted in this Thread
    • Contest Will Follow the Same Rules and Format as GTP_WRS Week 100
    • Contest Participants Should Post Split Times in the GTP_WRS Week 100 Thread
    • Run Your Lap As Detailed in the first post of the GTP_WRS Week 100 Race Thread, and Submit Your Contest Entry, as Detailed Below
    • We Request That Members Who Already Own a High End Racing Wheel (i.e. Fanatec Wheel, Logitech G25, G27, or DFGT) DO NOT Participate in the Contest
    • Participants Must Follow All Rules Detailed in the GTP_WRS Week 100 Race Thread. Any Participant Who Does Not Follow the Rules Will be Disqualified from the Contest.
    • All Submissions Will be Subject to Replay Verification, as Detailed Below

Prize Details:

• Prizes Will be Awarded to the 3 Fastest Submitted Laptimes

[*]Third Place Prize - 1 Month GTPlanet Premium Membership
      [*]Second Place Prize - 1 Year GTPlanet Premium Membership
      [*]Grand Prize - Fanatec Porsche Carrera Wheel and Renn Sport Wheel Stand
      [*]See Details on these Items at Fanatec's Website http://www.fanatec.de/ and In Delphic Reason's Review Below

Time verification:

You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay'.
    To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Page' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay' option.

[​IMG]
    Save best lap / ghost replay icon

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers, named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
    • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
    • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
    • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
    • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

Submission Details:

Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
    [Division#]---M'SS.XXX---GTP_Tag

All submissions must be sent by PM. This is a separate submission from your WRS Submission, but will use the same event, and has the same deadline. (Subject title: GTP_WRS Fanatec Porche Carrera Wheel Contest Submission) to (EDK):

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
      [Division#]---M'SS.XXX---GTP_Tag
      (Example-) [division 2]---1'44.678---GTP_EDK
    • You can submit only once
    • Please include in your submission PM your division, GTP_Tag and final lap time
    • The deadline is Monday October 4th 11:59pm GMT
    • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:

Good luck, :gtplanet:
    OLR Team

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2010
  2. Timppaq

Timppaq Premium

Niice! But I've forgotten how to drive!! :ouch:

and a question:

How can you know if a new registered member owns or doesn't own a high end wheel? I own, but you know it because you can find footage of me using it :D So anybody who haven't done that is allowed to participate?

Last edited: Sep 28, 2010
  3. GTP_CICO

GTP_CICO

Alot of people have it in there sig what wheel/pad they are using. And I think EDK knows from most, to bad I bought a G27 2 weeks ago lol.

4. Timppaq

Timppaq Premium

That's my point, a rule that can be only policed with some of the participants is not a very good rule. I just think this is an issue that needs to be discussed earlier rather than later. Other than that the competition looks really great and interesting. :tup: There should be more things like this :)

5. spyrrari

spyrrari

So basically this is only for pad users??...

If not,anyone who has an old dfp wheel and has proper driving skills,will win this easily...

Or am i missing something....if so - my bad!!

spy.

6. Mars Attacks

Mars Attacks

Maybe the concept of this competition is to give an opportunity to a good driver who can't afford having a High End Racing Wheel... to have one!

If not... by the way i also have a DFPro (except :D the GT3 RS V2 and my old DFGT)

7. Anghammarad

Anghammarad Premium

So what if I use my old DFEX wheel or pad? Is my G25 banned because I am able to maker more precise inputs with it or is it because the competition is meant only for those who currently do not own a high quality wheel?

I'm just curious, it is not meant as criticism.

8. Synwraith

Synwraith Staff Emeritus

Looks to me as if it's aimed at people who do not own a high-end wheel at all. So even if someone is using a DFEX, but they have a G25 in the attic, it's not for them :tup:

All the best
    Maz

9. steven

steven

Great initiative guys :tup:

Sorry but I will not enter this competition, because

a) I would never make it to top-3 in a group of gifted drivers that WRS is, and
    b) I praise myself in already owning a DFGT that annoys my family but gives me great joy :dopey:

10. OnlyMe

OnlyMe Premium

I'll throw my name into the hat for this one :)

There's probably no way I'm fast enough, even among us button-bashers, but what the hey. Can't hurt by trying, I'm doing the combo for the WRS anyway. So count me in, please :)

11. Anghammarad

Anghammarad Premium

Yes that is what I think as well. Just so that there's no confusion whatsoever: This is a good contest and I have no problems at all with being disqualified from taking part (not that I would have won anything anyway)

Edit: Good luck all!

12. EDK

EDK Moderator

That sums it up nicely, thanks. :)

The rule that members with a high end wheel should not enter is definitely an honor system rule. The intent here is to direct the contest at members who can use this wheel and will gain a benefit from it. Rather than have 2 or 3 aliens with G25's duke it out so they can turn it on EBay for a profit, or something.

Note that the contest is open only to registry members, we know them well, and have a good understanding of who is using what equipment. I know someone could decide to be deceptive, but I certainly hope people will consider this. That's why the rule says "we ask that".

This is not intended for pad users only. And, I would not agree that a DFGT owner would just walk away with it. There are examples of pad drivers who routinely beat wheel drivers in the WRS. BugMan27 and MadMax86, for example.

I'm going to ask everyone who we know have the high end wheels to refrain from discussing the rule here in the thread. And that anyone with genuine interest in the contest, or specific questions regarding the contest continue to post.

Thanks for your understanding and support.

13. spyrrari

spyrrari

To Kevin...:tup::tup:

spy.

14. Timppaq

Timppaq Premium

Good luck all :tup:

15. crazytortise

crazytortise

Great idea Kev. Good luck to all that take part.

Love the avatar Timppaq :D

16. Delphic Reason

Delphic Reason Staff Emeritus

Good luck to everyone!

Nice work, Kevin. :tup:

;)

17. 01GTP

01GTP Premium

Great idea from the OLR Administration. :tup:

18. GTPorsche

GTPorsche

Put my name in for this comp.

If I could win this, it would save me a bunch of money.

19. GT_Prologue5

GT_Prologue5

Dang. I think I could maybe do okay but I have no way of a replay.

20. OnlyMe

OnlyMe Premium

Bit of a low turn out so far :indiff:

Maybe someone should make an item about this in the 'news' section of the site. That might spread the word a bit...

21. GTPorsche

GTPorsche

It's only for us WRS registered users, and there's only a handful of us pad users.

22. Delphic Reason

Delphic Reason Staff Emeritus

I'm working on it. Jordan is a very busy man as of late. Hopefully it should be up there very soon.

;)

23. Ren

Ren Premium

Very nice idea Kevin, great stuff. Count me in...
    Not that I have a chance on either of the 3 prizes I think this great gesture is worth supporting nevertheless... and it should have decent participation so it's a brilliant opportunity to compete in a vast field :tup:

And of course my 2 cents regarding who is supposed to get a wheel :D: I DO NOT consider the DFGT high end! Coming from my Momo wheel in the days I was still young and bothered big time with PCs I consider this wheel a plasticy POS and I regret ever having bought it (sorry to all who own one and may feel insulted, but I am just speaking for myself). A G25 was not available back when I got my PS3 except in Jo-Burg or Capetown, and then for like rediculous 4000 Rand (=€400 :drool:), besides all this discussion about compatibility was prime just then. So I took the failsafe route and went for the "official GT wheel"... what a joke! And PD is even proud of it :lol:. For me one of my favorite quotes proves itself once more: you get what you pay for!

Long story short: my high end DFGT is falling to pieces anyhow, does that entitle me (theoretically) to get the wheel of my dreams on offer here? :)

24. dranddad

dranddad

Man the times you wish you hadn’t brought a wheel, even if my pedal box is on the blink.

Good luck to all you controller operators, I hope the winners enjoy these great prizes. :drool:

Great idea for a competition.

Should be more of them, where by the prize cost is divided by the number of the participants taking part.

This is the sort of thing that make GTP such a great place to be.
    OLR Team :tup:

Phillip.

25. GTPorsche

GTPorsche

DFGT is high end, even if it is falling apart.

It isn't fair for us users who don't have a wheel to have someone with a wheel be in this competition.

26. EDK

EDK Moderator

Hmm - Not sure, are you saying that you plan to participate and drive with the pad?

Or, are you saying you want to participate and use your DFGT, and that you don't consider it high end, since it's worn out?

Only trying to clarify, right now.

BTW - I'll get that registered participant list in the first post soon.

27. scaramanga1973

scaramanga1973

Kevin, I use a 3 year old DFP. does that mean that I am eligable to enter?

Cheers

David

28. EDK

EDK Moderator

Yes, I intentionally left DFP off the list. You are good to enter.

An old DFP is nothing like any of the other wheels I listed. That's somewhat subjective, but I have driven with all of them at LAN events.

29. Ren

Ren Premium

Me pad? Haha, not a chance, I'd be better with the wheel still if I had to operate it with my teeth :lol:. Not that I'm all that hot with a wheel... with a pad I am freed of any trace of talent. If I find the time I'll just put in some laps with my wheel, won't win anyways, no worries. Or should I just not participate as I would use the wheel?

Point taken. Then again, there's a few pad aliens out there that beat many wheel users, me included, any day. But yeah, let the nice prize definetely go to someone who has no wheel at all, agreed.

30. scaramanga1973

scaramanga1973

Is that so? I thought that the DFP & DFGT were identical in terms of ffb and it was just the additional in race assists that set them apart?