GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 10 : Weekly Rally Series?

• Thread starter EDK
  • 324 comments
I always like rally racing.... but not in GT5 👎 I've never found a good rally game for a console.

Being able to set torque splits, brake bias, etc. would be a huge plus; unfortunately, it won't work with my old Logitech MOMO wheel. :ouch:

I almost didn't even try this when I found out I had to run the first 3 races in the "tour" just to be able to run this one. :)

I always like rally racing.... but not in GT5 👎 I've never found a good rally game for a console.

Being able to set torque splits, brake bias, etc. would be a huge plus; unfortunately, it won't work with my old Logitech MOMO wheel. :ouch:

I almost didn't even try this when I found out I had to run the first 3 races in the "tour" just to be able to run this one. :)

Hi boshuter,

You can set the controller to be the same ID as the wheel (that's what I do since the G27 doesn't map the RA functions). Then you can map the RA functions to that controller. I just set with the controller and don't touch again until needed, hope this helps.

@millross
Still playing between 50/50 and 45/55 , haven't decided yet. Fastest time is with 50/50 so far. Don't forget with 50/50 it will understeer a bit more in the faster stuff, but I find pulls better out of the slower stuff. And in that last corner of T2 before the long straight it is critical. You should be doing about 172kph over the last jump, then hold about 155-160kph until the last corner of T3. That is where i think time is made or lost. Great to see you sticking with it, you will be rewarded just like Plato was over the last week I think. Trick is to keep the car as straight as possible, especially in T1.

Man lefty is really smokin' 👍 in T2 now, need to look at where I am loosing time there. Gotta try and keep him honest at least, I'm losing the lower ground battle now :)

Still waiting for Mysterion71/Mr P to blow us away yet. Damn he was quick in eiger (and probably first of the clean runners too!).

You can also set the function for your controller as others are doing.
I believe once you set it up on the controller, change your settings and run a lap the settings will stay for your current session.
So take the first lap to change the settings, complete the lap and the settings should stay as you set them.
Just check at the beginning of the next start to see that they are set, once they are you are free from doing the settings until your next session.
Just a tip for those using the RA functions, you can press the buttons during countdown and they will change with out you seeing them. Example, on the DFGT if I push the red dial and the down direction buttons the torque split window is available at the start. Most probably know this by now, maybe not.

And remember that if you know the lap is slower just restart before the finish line to save time by not having to go through the DQ/trophy sequence.

Haha, looks like someone who doesn't want to get beaten by his son. :sly:

Actualy I can't wait for the day that he can kick my rear end on a regular basis :) he is only 13 after all. Like I told him "i'm his biggest competition and when he can woop me on a regular basis it will be time to turn him loose on the world" one day he will be a great champion.

Some great splits, but I literally lost a whole second in the final sector :ouch::grumpy: Beat my previous splits by .8 at T2 but .2 behind by the end of the lap:

Swapping tenths around, cleaned up the last sector, but still a couple tenths off of where I want to be. But it's gonna be a real pain to bring it all together:

Jerome

Last edited:
Actualy I can't wait for the day that he can kick my rear end on a regular basis :) he is only 13 after all. Like I told him "i'm his biggest competition and when he can woop me on a regular basis it will be time to turn him loose on the world" one day he will be a great champion.

I don't doubt that he will be a great champion, especially at his age he has lots of potential.👍

To littlelefty: Don't give up your dreams and do it as long as you enjoy it. Myself at 17 almost 18 years old didn't have the chance of having a father interested in motorsports like me.

Sorry for going offtopic but I thought it was appropriate. :)

1/10th faster but can't get up to the Leftysphere. Being left handed did'nt help!

T1: 36.618
T2: 46.089

RR - quit posting times! You're making me want to do this one, this week....I'm thinking I'll take a week off :P

Some great splits, but I literally lost a whole second in the final sector

home-alone.png

Now you have to be the one to catch Zoky at least for tomorrow 👍 Me and Little are going to the Kart track all day :) Great fun today and good luck to everyone.

Ran a couple of hours with this combo using the DS3, took a while to discover the tricks and techniques and what not of the combo, and here are my splits:

Using

50/50
6/4 BB
ABS 1
No other aids, steering sensitivity 1.

I really like getting stuck into rally events but this is the only chance I have to run this week:

T1: 37.686
T2: 47.244

I'm pretty happy with this lap but with more time I'm sure I had another 0.5 - 1.0 seconds...ah well, interesting to see where a 1 hour session places me 👍

First splits (and first clean lap)...

Man the sector times are all over the place - I guess it will even out as more people come on board and we (most of us anyway) get the hang of grass and gravel. Early days but I predict no chance of being anywhere near a D3 podium this week :ill:

Last edited:
Very consistent high 35's in T1 now, T2 still causing me problems. These splits are much better but unfortunately only 0.15 better at the line because of butchered last corner. That last corner will be my downfall this week. Somehow fluked it in my previous one 0.8 better :grumpy:

Settled now on 50/50 , BB 3/10 , ABS 1.

Nice splits Sid - you're definately going to have me this week :sly:

Last edited:
Another 5 laps , finally got a better T3. Slower T1 but faster to the line by 0.4

Starting to understand T2 now. Might give this a rest and go back to PSN TT try to improve since I have a better understanding of T2/T3 now.

Can someone share some tips on T1?

Can't get below 36.5xx, and don't see how to get on the 35.xxx pace :guilty:

37.259 46.333 Im gonna give it some runs at 5050 again and different brake bias. dumb question - should i be sliding a lot or a little?

Lawn mow the whole section ;) wont be racing this one... GL to all :cheers:
Very sorry to hear that mate but I understand your reasons pretty well....damn,I would really like to see some old rally tracks in this game!!!

Wow, some amazing times up already. Zoky...! :crazy:

I may have to give it a miss... my ailing G25 does not like it, even with FFB set to 1. Horrible rattling... and I can't drive with a DS3 so I'm a bit stuck really.

Good luck to all. 👍

Doing some experimenting in T1, but didn't work and ended up with better T2. Seen a 36.1 in T1. Pretty good fun, even if it does all feel a bit wrong without any FFB.

My first clean lap. I said I was going to skip this week but I take it back, even though my time looks like I stopped for a smoke campared to the leaders I'm having fun with this week. I have at least 4 seconds to kill in t1 just coming out the gate!

Back