GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 102 : Slow in, FAST Out

• Thread starter EDK
  • 156 comments
Dang just about to review a faster lap and the looping bug appeared, looks like I'm gonna have to work on that rather than improving my time.

Wow, this car feels completely mental round here. :P No time to blink through the esses in sector 1. Quick few laps with a new car and Kevin's setup, which feels like a dream compared to stock. Thanks Kev. 👍

Might try a few setup tweaks but probably won't end up too far from Kev's. So here we go... Another Sjaak mental torture combo :lol:

Edit: So after getting down to 28.2s and 13.4s after a few more laps, I got suspicious and found SRF still on after the Seasonal Event. :ouch: I'll try it again later without... :dunce:

Please remove my current splits from the board. 👍

Last edited:
A bit of patience and following Kevin's advice in the last corner

Now to tidy up

Stock after oil change the HP is at 575, am I missing something or does the break in really bring it up to 593?

oink83
Stock after oil change the HP is at 575, am I missing something or does the break in really bring it up to 593?

Brings it up to 593. Typically an engine break in takes 300 km. If you don't have time you can use the b spec mode to break it in as well.

Nice times Eddie!

What's the looping bug

It's a problem with "ghost" cars in your garage that prevents you from starting version 2.10.

It manifests itself as the GT5 logo appearing at the start of the game, going away like the game is starting and then coming back again. It just keeps repeating this way. To fix it, you need to delete your game save, start over and update up to version 2.09. Perform the fix that can be found in several places including GTPlannet.

Not a very nice thing to have happen.

For a complete desciption go here: https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turis...m=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+gtplanet+(GTPlanet)

Car at full power now.
Kevins tune.
Lots of problems with understeer in the left rights.
Tested some other tuning options and stock but all slower so far.

Back again.
Hard to find a decent setting. I did this with some extreme values. Still working on it.👍

It's a problem with "ghost" cars in your garage that prevents you from starting version 2.10.

It manifests itself as the GT5 logo appearing at the start of the game, going away like the game is starting and then coming back again. It just keeps repeating this way. To fix it, you need to delete your game save, start over and update up to version 2.09. Perform the fix that can be found in several places including GTPlannet.

Not a very nice thing to have happen.

For a complete desciption go here: https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turis...m=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+gtplanet+(GTPlanet)

I've had the game hang on me in the GT logo screen a couple time since the update, but it wasn't the *real* looping bug caused by those corrupt cars. Once you get your game in 2.10 successfully once you know you don't have a corrupt car because 2.10 will never load with corrupt cars. It wouldn't have let you in the first time. The first time you open a save with 2.10 it's trying to update the PP of all cars and that's when it hangs on the corrupt cars. Once a save is updated to 2.10 it's not subject to that particular bug anymore.

In my case, the game just hangs once in a while after 2.10 and I just have to force quit and restart GT5 and it works fine the 2nd time. Obviously try that before you attempt the long process of addressing the corrupt cars issue. I'm assuming sine jjurasic was reviewing a lap from this competition he has loaded his save in 2.10 before and the daunting fix for the corrupt cars is not necessary. Of course, I could be wrong. :sly:

Welcome back.
Very interested what your setting will be.

TUNE:
RH: -45/-45
Springs:14/9
EXT:8/5
Comp:1/8
BAR:1/5
Camber:2.8/0.8
TOE:0.05/-0.50
Torque split 50/50
LSD
5/5
25/60
5/5
Aero 15/5
Brake 4/10
Gears
reset
fg 4.000
top speed 200 kmh mini
1-3,138
2-2,430
3-1,938
4-1,590
5-1,343
6-1,167

fg again 2,690
top speed up right 285kmh

It's a little insane but it work in a certain way. This car is very hard to turn
Under steer out corner is the major problem.
I have a good gearbox , but i don't know where to go exactly with this car. Will try some others directions tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fetchy has grabbed your gear ratios as your latest splits.

We usually just leave the decimal point "." out of those so as not to confuse Fetchy.

I'll go put your real splits back on the Leaderboard.

EDIT: Also removed Chris' run, at his request.

Oupsss. I change the points by ",". Hope it's ok now.:)👍

The other option is just to surround your tune in QUOTE tags as fetchy never looks inside quote tags. I've made the edit for you... hope you don't mind.

Also taking some time to find a tune I wanna stick at. Best run at the moment though.

Using Kevin;s tune.
Tried the two other tune's posted, but Kevin's worked the best for me.

Tested praiano´s tune and i think it´s very fast, but i was not able so far to burn a good round onto the street. One small mistake and i´m flying outside the boundaries. But its obviously my lacking skill and not the tune as his time shows.

First serious run with this roller-coaster combo.:)
Thanks Kevin for providing this combo with a first post anti-understeer tune.

Audi's TT are not famous for steering in and out of the corners but the looks and sound makes this car very cool.

Last edited:
Massively quick koen this week is gonna be hard, good second sector, still trying to understand that one.

Last edited:
Massively quick koen this week is gonna be hard, good second sector, still trying to understand that one.

And that 's not a bad T1 👍! Seems i need to figure that one out:crazy:

No SNAIL SPEC event = time to get some laps in WRS for a change. I'm going to find out how to post times and all that stuff again :dunce: I blame it on old age.

Thats probably going to be the best splits I can manage with my settings. The final sector isn't perfect yet....

Jerome

Wow, this car feels completely mental round here. :P No time to blink through the esses in sector 1. Quick few laps with a new car and Kevin's setup, which feels like a dream compared to stock. Thanks Kev. 👍

Might try a few setup tweaks but probably won't end up too far from Kev's. So here we go... Another Sjaak mental torture combo :lol:

Edit: So after getting down to 28.2s and 13.4s after a few more laps, I got suspicious and found SRF still on after the Seasonal Event. :ouch: I'll try it again later without... :dunce:

Please remove my current splits from the board. 👍

I know how you feel Chris. I did a short stint before deciding to paint the car. When I went back in, I noticed SRF on from week 101. Glad I picked up on this before getting the car tuned to it. It did however give me a nice ghost to chase ;)

Back