GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 102 : Slow in, FAST Out

• Thread starter EDK
  • 156 comments
Here's my comedy setup if anyone wants to try it:

hpaauditt.jpg

A bit faster today but losing a bit in T2. Better T3 though and improved by nearly 0.3 overall.

Edit -

Similar T3 for less than a tenth gain in lap-time. I'm actually quite enjoying this car despite its obvious failings. Hopefully I'll have a some more free time to spend on it and can fight for a podium spot again. :D

Last edited:
Finally found some settings that makes the car driveable for me
its basically EDK's tune but with toe setting -0.60 front -0.02 rear and a 40/60 torquesplit

Last edited:
Last run tonight since there was nothing on TV worth watching and I had my breakthrough.

I think this is my magic lap :D, which is good since I don't think I'll have any more time to spare for the rest of the week. I found the car very annoying to begin with but it grew on me after a while. 292 miles = 3 hours and that's usually about where I hit my limit. Very nice to be at the top of the board I must admit but certain people are noticeable by their absence and I suspect Wayne and Mohit, amongst others, have yet to show their hand. Best of luck Gentlemen. :cheers: I'm submitting now so I don't forget.

Fixed the looping bug issue just one out of the 1255 I have in my garage.

Started using the e-brake in the two hairpins where the track meets the other configurations to get the rear around.

Slightly faster lap, (a few hundredths) Apparently I was very slow in the last sector from my previous lap :(

I hate the second sector, I'm struggling around there wish I knew how to get into the .7s there. or even .8s (consistently).

Had another run at this but my ds3 is dead, i think something is loose inside as it sounds like a child's rattle and my directional buttons are unresponsive... Managed a reasonable improvement but my car still isn't fully broken in so I didn't reach full potential. Really liked this combo though, good luck to everyone running.
I've ordered a shiny new red ds3 lol so will be hopefully taking part again soon.
Cheers
Louis

Slightly faster lap, (a few hundredths) Apparently I was very slow in the last sector from my previous lap :(

I hate the second sector, I'm struggling around there wish I knew how to get into the .7s there. or even .8s (consistently).

I have the same problem with the first sector. Having even troubles getting in the 28.9.

I ruined my magic lap yesterday (28.8 + 15.6) but spinned in the last corner:banghead:

Last edited:
I have the same problem with the first sector. Having even troubles getting in the 28.9.

I ruined my magic lap yesterday (28.8 + 15.6) but spinned in the last corner:banghead:

Wow 15.6 that's nice, I just had a 28.7 + 15.7 but went to cautious in the last corner and lost 4 tenths there :ouch: every other lap from then has either been PB 1st sector 2nd and even 3rd but not together, honestly I think I'm done I can probably improve but it's gonna be by less then a tenths which is hard to stay ahead of the ghost on such a small margin.

Wow 15.6 that's nice, I just had a 28.7 + 15.7 but went to cautious in the last corner and lost 4 tenths there :ouch: every other lap from then has either been PB 1st sector 2nd and even 3rd but not together, honestly I think I'm done I can probably improve but it's gonna be by less then a tenths which is hard to stay ahead of the ghost on such a small margin.

I also have a slightly better lap than posted in the board. Slower first (as usually, but better second and third).

Think i am gonna give one more try this weekend, see if i can figure out the first sector, otherwise i'll post and submit what i have.

I also have a slightly better lap than posted in the board. Slower first (as usually, but better second and third).

Think i am gonna give one more try this weekend, see if i can figure out the first sector, otherwise i'll post and submit what i have.

I figured out where I was going wrong in sector 2 but I can never catch sector 1 as often as I can and when I do I can't keep up in sector 3 so if I improve I'm probably going to do it by losing some time in sector 1 and 3 which will probably balance things out.

Why won't u post your splits? I posted my slower ones :(

I figured out where I was going wrong in sector 2 but I can never catch sector 1 as often as I can and when I do I can't keep up in sector 3 so if I improve I'm probably going to do it by losing some time in sector 1 and 3 which will probably balance things out.

Why won't u post your splits? I posted my slower ones :(

Fired up the PS3 especially for you, my friend:)

Just forgot to write down before shutting off.

Sorry mate;)!

Tried this one last night.

Unfortunately, the car seems to think of my steering inputs as suggestions, and it usually ignores them.

After about 20 minutes of being ignored I found myself intentionally ramming the outside wall after the car pushed wide.

See you next week.

Tried this one last night.

Unfortunately, the car seems to think of my steering inputs as suggestions, and it usually ignores them.

After about 20 minutes of being ignored I found myself intentionally ramming the outside wall after the car pushed wide.

See you next week.

It's a good lesson in the impact the throttle can have on steering a car. ;)

Finally got a chance to break in the car today after work and get some laps in.

Did a few more laps and was flying, heading into the last turn..I SAID TURN! Great time for the gas pedal to start spiking again. I guess I know what I'm doing tomorrow morning.

Last edited:
Great splits Christina! Not sure if I can ever match them :scared:.

Great job again Manu and Koen, pushing the level of competition in D3 to a whole new level!

This is why I stopped for the week. When it gets to this point, it takes so long before it all comes together. If it was a different car, probably, but this car is different. I'll be subbing soon 👍

Jerome

That's all i can do. Pretty happy with the lap!

Yeh, really not getting into the car with this one. Just doesn't quite click with my style I guess. Pushing my times up anyhow, and should be able to cut some more off with a bit more practice.

Amazing koen I've had a few 533s but never finished well

Yeah, could also repeat my last sector so was quite an improvement.

Don't think i'll be able to repeat it though, so i will submit with these.

Good luck:tup:

Yeah, could also repeat my last sector so was quite an improvement.

Don't thonk i'll be able to repeat it though, so i will submit with these.

Good luck:tup:

I submitted this afternoon, so hope my t3 is better than yours, I'm pretty much sick of this place by now. And my laps would only put me up a few thousands which probably isn't worth the effort. Good luck

Wow, Manu & Koen, impressive splits on the board there. You will both be off to div.2 soon 👍

Thanks I hope so too, I've been working hard to get there.

Back