GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 102 : Slow in, FAST Out

• Thread starter EDK
  • 156 comments
Ok i'll stop here. I'm sure to be close from my best time and the car don't react at all to any tuning option, even the most extremes.
Even the hand-brake act on the front wheel???:scared:👎 Something wrong with this Audi.

Good luck to all.. 👍

><(((((°>°°°°

Very close to my limit here, maybe a tenth left but that would be magic lap territory :)

First time behind the wheel, afther a few days whom I rather forget as quick as possible, maybe a good effort here will help.

Still breakin in the car, tryin out different tunes.

First time behind the wheel, afther a few days whom I rather forget as quick as possible, maybe a good effort here will help.

Still breakin in the car, tryin out different tunes.

Been wondering where you were. Nice to see you back:tup:

A frustrating hour trying to get this car to turn when I want it to. :P Using Kevin's tune, which is much better than anything I tried. 👍

I'm probably not going to get much better than that and I think my T3 was ok. But then I always think that and usually it turns out to be rubbish. :sly:

Wow I'm missing something in T2. Some great sector times out there. I've only seen 2 28.9's in T1, so I bet once I do get a 15.8, it'll be with a 29.0 :lol:

Jerome

Still on break in

How long does this take to break in???

Now at:

Hope when I get more HP I'll hit 28's & 15's

Last edited:
Still on break in

How long does this take to break in???

About 170 miles.

You can also turn a Bob loose at the Indy 500 Enduro race and get it done in an hour or so. Just have to buy some racing tires and slap them on the car, and have a Bob at a high enough level to participate in the race.

Thanks for the tunes too everyone that posted one. Just too bad they dont seem too help me, this car understeers so bad I just cant seem too tame it mind you i am fighting the flu right now so that is probably not helping:ill:

I tried Priaino's tune, took about 20 laps to get used to it but I like it!

Al

A tiny bit faster, right now Im definitely chasing thousands, mostly in sector 3, very hard around that final corner, braking late is a huge punishment there

A tiny bit faster, right now Im definitely chasing thousands, mostly in sector 3, very hard around that final corner, braking late is a huge punishment there

Well, I know for a fact that a couple of thousands CAN make the difference:):).

Sector 3 is a ****. Very easy there to loose a couple of thenths. I am not sure if i am fast enough there, but still have some time to find in the first 2 sectors.

I aint givin up Manu!!!!;)

Well, I know for a fact that a couple of thousands CAN make the difference:):).

Sector 3 is a ****. Very easy there to loose a couple of thenths. I am not sure if i am fast enough there, but still have some time to find in the first 2 sectors.

I aint givin up Manu!!!!;)

I know thats why I'm chasing those thousands this week :) Sector 3 is hard to be consistent for me, lost a bit of time there on this lap but not much, its now hard for me to match sector 1 and 2 to my best, and when I do I still lose even more in sector 3 trying to brake as late as possible, I wish there was a brake board or something there, its hard to mark a spot.

Goodluck 👍 and yeah not giving up is the spirit, just make sure you leave a bit out there :sly:

I know thats why I'm chasing those thousands this week :) Sector 3 is hard to be consistent for me, lost a bit of time there on this lap but not much, its now hard for me to match sector 1 and 2 to my best, and when I do I still lose even more in sector 3 trying to brake as late as possible, I wish there was a brake board or something there, its hard to mark a spot.

Goodluck 👍 and yeah not giving up is the spirit, just make sure you leave a bit out there :sly:

I usually try and start braking for that last turn as soon as the car settles from the chicane, something like 112mph or so. Take it wide to the right too, and I found another .15 by just letting loose and basically drifting that turn. Just watch the pit entry on exit :ouch:.

Jerome

Last edited:
I usually try and start braking for that last turn as soon as the car settles from the chicane, something like 112mph or so. And take it wide too, and I found another .15 by just letting loose and basically drifting that turn. Just watch the pit entry on exit :ouch:.

Jerome

Im braking halfway between the exit of the chicane and the start of the pit lane line in the middle of the road, Ive tried different approaches narrow entry, slightly wide entry and wide entry, slightly wide is the best but very thine line there you can lose a lot if you misjudge by a bit.

I havent got it to drift though, the understeer just wont let the back end lose a bit

But now that I have a banker, ill def try and push the limit around there. Thanks for the tip

Lessen the rear DF and you should have no problem, mine is set to 25.

Jerome

I say chap... you're top of the leaderboard, hadn't you noticed? Not questioning your integrity fella but have you checked that SRF is set to 'Off'? It was forced on by last week's event and both I and Eddie have already made that mistake this week.

It might be worth everyone who ran last week to check they have disabled SRF to run this.

I say chap... you're top of the leaderboard, hadn't you noticed? Not questioning your integrity fella but have you checked that SRF is set to 'Off'? It was forced on by last week's event and both I and Eddie have already made that mistake this week.

It might be worth everyone who ran last week to check they have disabled SRF to run this.

I actually started checking every time after you mentioned earlier that you had accidentally turned it on. Tried last weeks event but I didn't turn it on when I was trying laps in the practice mode.

Just checked and its off, at least when I go to practice and chose the track, but just to make sure I want to check my replay and see, but Im pretty sure I checked before I started the lap (how you would you tell from the replay?).

And I think Im only up there cause Eddie, Gooners and other D1/2 folks haven't had a proper go at it yet :scared:

and a trash sector 3
I can improve my sector 1 furthermore and I'll be ok, with a good sector 3 that I've managed a couple of times.

...It might be worth everyone who ran last week to check they have disabled SRF to run this.

+1

Such an easy thing to miss/not think of.

Jerome

I actually started checking every time...
Fair go then Manu. You're pretty much on fire this week I'd say. 👍 Best I managed when I ran without SRF the other night was 28.677 and 15.791... before I decided me and this Audi are not going to be friends. :sly: Tried every extreme setup and I agree with Praiano; there's something broken with the physics model for this car. You're doing great anyway mate so, you know, celebrate a bit... Its not every day you're top of the leaderboard. :)

Fair go then Manu. You're pretty much on fire this week I'd say. 👍 Best I managed when I ran without SRF the other night was 28.677 and 15.791... before I decided me and this Audi are not going to be friends. :sly: Tried every extreme setup and I agree with Praiano; there's something broken with the physics model for this car. You're doing great anyway mate so, you know, celebrate a bit... Its not every day you're top of the leaderboard. :)

Cheers, I'm starting to get better at these time trials :). Plus I get a bit of motivation from kreezy who is always pushing me very hard. I'm still yet to get what to do in T2 best is 843 I think, I tried throwing the car in the corner but by the time it regained balance my ghost was well gone, slight drift on turn doesn't seem to help with this car. I also tried using 20/80 torque distribution, it removed the under steer with a nasty oversteer on exit :ouch:

Back