GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 105 : WRS 10 Year Event #2 - Mountain Lion

• Thread starter EDK
  • 169 comments
Cheers for the tune Vagabond it's helped shave a nice bit of stubble off my initial lap time 👍

Last edited:
Had a quick run after work - might carry on for a few more laps as I really like the rhythm of this combo - the grip and acceleration are addictive :)

T1 16.613
T2 26.013
T3 21.473

Lost 2 tenths off my best in the first sector, and also a further 2 in sector 2. But pleased with my 3rd sector this lap. Got two more hp's to find still.

Great first sector banditkarter, under 16s. What speed do you take the first corner?

Last edited:
132mph is my minimum speed in the first corner :)

Just improved my lap by a further 0.25 :)

New Splits:

Last edited:
Welcome aboard Kolin32k!! We all love the competition here. It's a great group of racers so don't be afraid to ask for help.

Welcome aboard Kolin32k!! We all love the competition here. It's a great group of racers so don't be afraid to ask for help.

Thanks for the welcome Firecracker :) Love your setup.

Think I might be asking for some pointers soon, but then again I'm sure there's a few places I can cut time on :D

Hmm. I don't get how it's possible to do much better than 3s in sector 1 with the car bouncing around like a ping pong ball. I can't avoid the tyres lighting up in the last fast left so have to slow right down. Had a .395 and several 26.0s in t2 so a fair bit left in the early part of the lap.

Hmm. I don't get how it's possible to do much better than 3s in sector 1 with the car bouncing around like a ping pong ball.

I agree. I can manage improvements on the other sectors, if I can get a good 1st sector - but this is the thing, I really hate the ping-pong effect of the first sector and haven't yet found a way of minimising it, or getting through there faster without cutting the track. It just seems beyond me right now. I cannot beat my best time from this morning either - I've done a few tweaks tonight, but cannot beat my ghost.

15 turns to make perfect...ugh. Ok I'm done for today before my right trigger finger needs surgery. Good luck guys.

Improved by another 2 tenths :) I won't be posting any more updates until friday as I'm away until then, I've got a university open day :)

New Splits:

Can you please define this:

Runoff areas are not part of the track

Is it the area past the white line? But if that said area is still tarmaced is it still considered "track"?

Can you please define this:

Is it the area past the white line? But if that said area is still tarmaced is it still considered "track"?

Run of areas are parts of tarmac which are not considered track.
You can find them in Fuji and Suzuka but not on Trail Mountain.

Each week can be have different track rules so read the OP carefully.
In short,the race specifics overrules the standard clean OLR.

Red and White Rumble Strips and Tarmac are Track Surface. This includes also the yellow painted tarmac.

All tarmac is track,white lines are not in play.

Run of areas are parts of tarmac which are not considered track.
You can find them in Fuji and Suzuka but not on Trail Mountain.

Each week can be have different track rules so read the OP carefully.
In short,the race specifics overrules the standard clean OLR.

Red and White Rumble Strips and Tarmac are Track Surface. This includes also the yellow painted tarmac.

All tarmac is track,white lines are not in play.

So what about the muddy tarmac at the edge of the track on TM by the cliffs in sector 2? Wait, you say "Tarmac [is] Track Surface" so I guess I would be legal.

Anyway, I thought my best time until 30 mins ago wasn't legal, so I needed to clarify that. But in the meantime I thought well if it's not then I'd best do one that is. And I got a better time again. Here are my latest splits:

I thought I had hit a wall, I tried so many different tunes - tweaked them numerous times, and found that after all that, when I went back to Greycap from MFT's tune I did much better times than when I had before. So, it seems to me I've found the best tune for me on this track/car combination. You can find it here.

Last edited:
hmm.I have to see that but in general all tarmac in GT5 is just black stuff.

If you have questions for specific areas ,post a picture and we can answer in detail.

hmm.I have to see that but in general all tarmac in GT5 is just black stuff.

If you have questions for specific areas ,post a picture and we can answer in detail.

Well I discounted that lap, I beat it because I wasn't 100% about it. But I guess I should maybe make a photo.

My first try at TT #70 in a row!!! :sly::sly::sly:

Oh and I did this on 2 wheels!!

TrialMountainCircuit_5copy_zpsa49e8485.jpg

Al

Think I'm gonna live with what I got. Must say as I'm chasing my ghost car it's one of the nicest looking laps I've ever done. Proud of that even though I don't think my time will hold up to you guys :(

Got .8 off my time :D

I did see some dust clouds come up on sector 2 but as long as two wheels are on tarmac it's legit right?

Think I'm gonna live with what I got. Must say as I'm chasing my ghost car it's one of the nicest looking laps I've ever done. Proud of that even though I don't think my time will hold up to you guys :(

Splits looking mighty fine for division 5 mate. Wheel or Sticks?

Back